Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO FRI - 1/26

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R:  

CS/Q:

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer?
Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

Re: WTO FRI - 1/26

• Month/Cycle: 7/5 (Month 13 if you count the non ovulating cycles)

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: All the things now

R/R:  No rants, just happy it's Friday, and I have nothing really significant on my agenda today! I'm down to my last five opks...hope my order gets here soon. I typically test twice a day, but I'll have to settle for once a day to make those bad boys last.

CS/Q: Not yet!

GTKY: I think we're trying to go to northern Scotland as our big trip, and we have mini trips planned out for Canterbury, Dover, and Bath/Cotswolds

• Loading the player...
  • josie12367josie12367 member
    edited January 2018
    @emmasemm :) Thanks for the advice about Scotland. I'll have to get on my husband for concrete dates for the trip so I can get things booked. I have to say that your strength through all the crap you've gone through is inspiring. I'm so glad you've got yourself going in next steps but you still realize that you're in a fragile state and are taking care of yourself. I also agree with you....if you're going to have to travel, might as well be somewhere nice! What are you getting done at the hairdressers? I imagine you to have some kind of kick ass pixie cut  :D 

<3 #teamgetshitdone <<Best hashtag!

• @josie12367 thanks  <3
    Though I can’t take credit for the kickass #teamgetshitdone hashtag - that goes to @kristokekerooni

And unless I have a real crazy moment later :D , I will probably stick with my *gasps* almost 20 year old Rachel from Friends hairstyle! 
    But as my cooking skills also run to doing things like putting minced beef in trifles, then it’s probably still perfect for me  ;)
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @josie12367 also I think in the months you should definitely count your an-o time. I mean, they are months you have been trying. Not your fault your body didn’t cooperate. I think if not people look and think oh she’s “only” been trying half a year, whereas I know you have been trying much longer. It might just get someone to give you the tip you need to be successful when they can see the full story :-)
    Me 43 DH 45
    Married 12/2016
    TTC #1 since 04/2015
    AMA, DOR (AMH 0.65, AFC 2-4) and autoimmune issues (RA, APS), low TSH, adenomyosis
    7 retrievals, 3 transfers
    Jun19 FET BFP, due date 7th March 2020, DD born Feb20
    Sep17 IVF1 - 1ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - 1ER, 0F
    Jan18 IVF3 - 3ER, 1F, 1ET, BFN
    Feb18 - second opinion and additional testing
    Apr18 IVF4 - cancelled (E2 too high)
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - 4ER, 0M, 1F, 1 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - 5 ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (not best quality)
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - 4ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen day 3 (good quality)
    Aug/Sep18 IVF7 - cancelled (cyst)
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - 3ER, 3M, 2F, 2 frozen Day 3 (excellent quality)
    Oct18 IVF8 - Cancelled (cyst and too low TSH)
    Oct18-Jan19 bringing TSH under control
    Feb19 ERA and hysteroscopy
    Mar19 Investigation for fibroid and adenomyosis
    Apr19 adenomyosis confirmed, polyps removed
    Jun19 FET after 2 months Lupron, autoimmune protocol, transferred two day 3 frozen embryos
    Sep17 - Pergoveris 10-17 Sep, Orgalutran 15-18 Sep, Ovitrelle 18 Sep, ER 20 Sep for 2 follies, 1 mature egg, fertilized, ET 1x 2d 4-cell embryo 22/09, 05/10 BFN
    Nov17 IVF2 - Pergoveris 2-14 Nov, Orgalutran 5-14 Nov, Ovitrelle 15 Nov, ER 17 Nov for 3 follies, 1 mature egg, did not fertilize
    Jan18 IVF3 - Pergoveris 30 Dec - 8 Jan, Orgalutran 5-8 Jan, Ovitrelle 9 Jan, ER 11 Jan 3 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, ET 1x 4d 12-cell embryo 15/01, 24/01 BFN
    May/Jun18 IVF4 - Rekovelle 25-29 May, Menogon 30May - 2Jun, Zomacton 25 27 29 31 May and 2Jun, Cetrotide 30May - 3Jun, Gonasi 3Jun, ER 5Jun 4 eggs, none mature, two matured overnight, 1 fertilized with ICSI, Frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jun/Jul18 IVF5 - Rekovelle 21-24 June, Menogon 25Jun-3Jul, Puregon 4-5Jul, Zomacton 21 23 25 27 29 Jun, Cetrotide 25Jun-5Jul, Gonasi 6Jul, ER 8Jul 5 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 but not good quality
    Jul/Aug18 IVF6 - Rekovelle 26-29 Jul, Menogon 30Jul-7Aug, Buserelin 26Jul-7Aug, Zomacton 26 28 30 Jul 1 3 Aug, Gonasi 7Aug, ER 9Aug 4 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized (normal IVF), 2 frozen day 3 good quality
    Sep/Oct18 IVF7 - Menogon 19-30Sep, Buserelin 19-30Sep, Zomacton 19 21 23 25 27 Sep, Ovitrelle 1 Oct, ER 3 eggs, 3 mature, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 frozen day 3 excellent quality 

Fav Quote: The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return

• @emmasemm Yes! The Rachel! I love love love her hair, and have had that same cut many times over the years, so why mess with a good thing?! 

• @emmasemm yeah...I've been thinking the same thing. For appointments I always include it, but damn...It hurts to see that number  <3

• Lurking @josie12367 you are so on the ball this morning! But I love the blurb at the top. I think that it’s important. Way to go! 
  • @josie12367 Yes, those months definitely count! And probably every other haircut I got in high school was inspired by a Rachel magazine clipping.

@emmasemm So sorry to hear about your loss and your frustrations with doctors' misinformation. It sounds like you are very proactive and getting shit done though! I loved Spain- if you do end up choosing a clinic there you must visit Barcelona! 

Month/Cycle: 13/13

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: CM, OPKs. I just started temping, but I think it's going to be difficult because I work night shift half the time. 

R/R: I am just starting IF testing with a new OB, and the first appointment had me very impressed with her approach. She really got down to business and I thought things would be fast and efficient. Now, however, she hasn't called me back about any results and I just get to talk to the MA on the phone. Not super helpful. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer? We are going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico in April. I thought for sure booking a trip to Mexico would mean I'd get KU and we'd waste a lot of money at an all-inclusive on the alcohol I wasn't drinking! Now it's looking more like I'll get to enjoy myself at least... silver linings
  • *lurking from TWW*
    @emmasemm I am continually impressed with your strength and determination in light of everything you've been through. It's amazing that you have been able to immediately pick up the pieces and start getting shit done, while at the same time recognizing that you're still in a fragile place. I hate that you have to start looking at clinics in other countries, but it's pretty cool that you and YH decided to turn it into some little vacations so it doesn't all revolve around doctor stuff. Good luck continuing your research as you pick a clinic. In the mean time, take care of yourself and do whatever you need to do.  <3
    @josie12367 Thanks for adding the blurb at the top of the thread. Great idea! I agree that you should count your an-o months as you were still trying during those times, but your body wasn't cooperating. Your summer vacations sound fantastic!
    @texas_with_a_dollar_sign Good luck with your IF testing. I hope you can get your OB on the phone soon! How frustrating. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • spartan4lifespartan4life member
    edited January 2018
    @josie12367 Scotland sounds amazing!! 
    @emmasemm I also really admire your strength and determination. GL in your hunt for a new clinic, I hope you are able to find exactly what you’re looking for, and that it is in a fun place to visit :)
    @texas_with_a_dollar_sign GL with your IF testing and he new OB! It’s so hard to get started with a new doctor of any kind, let alone an OB. I hope she is able to provide some clear answers and next steps for you!

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: N&C EOD (tomorrow is supposed to be O day according to FF so probably tonight and tomorrow), charting, pnvs

R/R: Happy Friday!! It’s been a long week so I’m just happy it’s Friday! And we get to wear jeans today since it’s the last Friday of the month so that makes it even better :)

CS/Q: TMI warning—what is the best way to tell what type of CM you are producing? I’m having trouble determining what type of CM I am seeing (I did google it but the methods for telling aren’t incredibly helpful).

GTKY: We are planning to take MH’s grandma on a tour of the lighthouse around Michigan. She has always wanted to go so we thought that would be a fun summer vacation this year.

edited: on mobile and my R/R didn’t show up!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @josie12367 Scotland sounds amazing!! 
    @texas_with_a_dollar_sign I hope your OB starts being more on the ball. That's got to be so frustrating! Fx for some good results!

Good morning all and happy Friday!

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, PNVs, FF, SPEP

R/R: Rant: No rants today! Rave: My DH and I are going to see Kevin Hart tonight and we have his company party tomorrow night! Hope you all have fun things planned for this weekend!

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer? Ocean Isle in March for a wedding! Then no other plans. We're going to wait to see where our TTC journey takes us before making any major plans.
  • Been lurking for a while, learning from everyone, and I'm super inspired by your persistence and grace under pressure. High fives to all of you!
    Month/Cycle: 1/1 

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, bd eod, other acronyms I am trying to remember!

R/R:  the battery died on the smoke detector in our bedroom, and started beeping. It didn't wake me up, but my husband did so I could commiserate with him on how annoying it was. It is Friday, yay! And I am training at my new work location so I get tomorrow off instead of today!

CS/Q: I'm having issues with starting the bbt. I can measure at the same time every day, but so far my temps are all over the place. I'm getting a wearable tracker so hopefully that will help. 

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer?
    We're going to Rome this spring, so I think the summer will be just staying nearby. My extended family will be going for a long weekend to a rented cabin a state over, so that will be interesting. It is a lot of people of a lot of ages all in one house. Very loud and chaotic.
  • I’m on mobile, so I’ll come back to tag after I get home from work tonight. 

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 1 >.<

WAYDTGKU: HIO, OPKs, PNVs, BBT, CM. What a lovely alphabet soup. 

R/R:  I mentioned this on the low AMH board, but my DH and I finally got our results from the initial testing. My estrogen is slightly low, and my AMH has doubled since July, but is still only 0.67. Our options if HIO doesn’t work are IVF or possibly a medicated IUI. Then the RE told us that because of my weight, they won’t do any procedures on me until I drop a minimum of 75 pounds. My BMI is seven points out of their “acceptable range”. Um. I was this fat when I walked in the door in December. Why couldn’t they have mentioned that then? We’re going to consider looking at another clinic, but we haven’t decided yet. The fact is that it’s next to impossible for me to lose weight thanks to chronic back and foot pain making it brutally painful for me to even just walk around after work. I’ve tried everything under the sun short of bariatric surgery, and nothing has ever worked. 

CS/Q: My cycles seem to be shrinking in length. It’s unsettling. 

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer? Time off in the summer is extremely hard to come by where I work. We’re going to Chicago in October, though. 
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Month/Cycle: 15/15

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,opk,hio

R/R:  Happy Friday Ladies !! :)

CS/Q:nope

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer? H works a seasonal job from May till October, so no plans for summer vacation.
  • @josie12367 - Happy Friday! Hope more OPK's arrive soon!
    @emmasemm - *creepy internet hugs for you* I hope you find a GREAT clinic to work with.
    @spartan4life - A lighthouse tour around Michigan sounds lovely, I might add that one to my list!
    @meladams10 - Hope you guys have fun seeing Kevin Hart. My husband and I are taking my mom to see Jeff Dunham tomorrow!
    @slightlysillysarah - I bet Rome will be amazing!

Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: N&C, vitamins, and drinking green tea every morning (I've actually been doing this all week!)

R/R: FRIDAY!! It's been a VERY slow week at work, so I'm gad it's almost over! 

CS/Q: FF is a dirty filthy liar. No way did I O before I started getting positive OPKs!. Chart in spoiler because I'd really like other opinions!
    I've been taking OPK's in the AMs and PMs:
    CD11 - AM-neg PM-neg
    CD12 - AM-pos PM-pos
    CD13 - AM-pos PM-neg
    CD14 - AM-neg
    I think I likely O'ed early on day 13

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer? We're planning to purchase a home and will likely be paying two mortgages for a while. So no big vacations planned. We'll likely be visiting family and friends in a few nearby states though - yay roadtrips!
  • @slightlysillysarah Welcome! Rome sounds so fun! I'm jealous!! 
    @dreamscapes_ Sorry about your CD1 and the news ): I wonder why they didn't go over everything the first time? Maybe a new clinic would be better? 
    @kimberbeep Ah! I love Jeff Dunham! Ya'll are going to have a blast! FF Is definitely a liar. It had my O's all jacked up. Thank goodness for OPKs!! 

• @josie12367 I hope your new opks show up soon.. I get anxiety when my stash of either opks or hpts get low.
    @emmasemm You are such an inspiration. I hope you find the best fit for a clinic!
    @texas_with_a_dollar_sign Mexico sounds great, hope the weather is warm!
    @spartan4life Totally jealous you are in jeans! My office doesnt observe casual fridays at all and I hate it!
    @meladams10 Have fun tonight! I heard Kevin Hart live is hilarious.
    @slightlysillysarah Is your thermometer new? Sometimes my temps get wonky if I dont sleep well the night before or I wake up warm. 
    @dreamscapes_ That is so frustrating that your RE wouldnt have said anything prior about that. I think getting a second opinion at another clinic might be for the best. Sorry for cd1 :(
    @kimberbeep I would agree that cd13 is when you O'd. Usually FF is really good at predicting things for me but has been off the last couple months. So frustrating! Hope to join you in TWW soon!

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: all the things plus doing the sex thing

R/R: Its Fri-YAY! And its my weekend off so cant wait to have the next two days off! No plans which makes it even better! Still havent turned a positive opk. What is going onnnn.

CS/Q: Unless anyone wants to look at my opk sticks for a second opinion, no questions! I asked DH to help me and infer the lines and he said " all these lines are really dark", he was looking at the control line lol 

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer? We are trying to plan somewhere in April, which originally I wanted to be a babymoon but doesnt look like that will happen. Thinking either new york city or los angeles. I work 6 day work weeks during the summer and am not able to take vacations. 
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @dreamscapes_ - Sorry that your RE didn't clear things up with you last month - that is so frustrating! 
    @kobrien827 - I hope everyone joins me in TWW soon! I'll probably move over Monday, since I don't usually post much on the weekends anyway. If you wanted to PM me your pee sticks I don't mind looking. :D  TBH, I kind of like seeing how other people's tests turn out. It sometimes gives me validation for my own interpretations. 
  • @kobrien827 You can PM me your pee sticks if you want another opinion. I'm with @kimberbeep, we're all for learning together! :)
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: TGIF

CS/Q: I got a high fertility smiley again this morning. I’m freaked out because I’m wondering how long I’ll get the high fertility before my peak - I’ve never O’d before CD19. It’s all just new territory with the estrogen being measured as well and I’m wondering if this is what my cycle has been like all along or if the pregnitude is helping.

GTKY: We are going along with MIL, SIL + her family, and BIL + his girlfriend to Orlando, Florida in July to do the whole theme park thing. We rented a huge house cuz there’s 10 of us, including 2 nieces ages 12 and 10. I’m really looking forward to doing all the theme parks with them. They live in Europe so we don’t get to see them a lot!

DH and I have been talking about this trip being the trip where we possibly announce our pregnancy. I really really hope it happens, it would just be so awesome to tell everyone in the same place, face-to-face. If I get KU earlier, to the point where we would have wanted to tell them sooner, we hope that we can do a gender announcement while there and have the nieces involved. Ugh I so so so hope it’ll happen!

@josie12367 thank you for the reminder up top. @emmasemm I was slightly triggered as well, not fun. I really admire your strength.

@texas_with_a_dollar_sign ugh I’m sorry your doc is making you wait. I hate when they are promising and then it’s all talk.

@spartan4life that’s so cute that you guys are gonna take YH’s grandma. Kudos.

@meladams10 Kevin Hart! MH is jealous of YH ;)

@slightlysillysarah welcome! BBT can be tricky. Have you read Take Charge of Your Fertility?

@dreamscapes_ sorry for CD1 :(

@kimberbeep ugh FF... I’d trust the OPKs and BBT. Is there a function in FF where you can exclude BBT for a day? I do that when my TCOYF app is being wonky. This morning I excluded right away because I spiked a whole degree and I know it’s because I had a couple drinks last night.

@kobrien827 let me know if you guys decide to go to LA, I’ll give you tips :)

<3 Me: 28 DH: 29
    <3 Married since 2012 dating since 2005.
    <3 Golden Retriever girls (8) and (3), orange feral rescue tabby (1).

Finally TTC#1 as of 11/2017!
    Thryoidectomy 2007, PCOS, disordered proliferative endometrium.
  • @kimberbeep @meladams10 YGPM!
    @leafyarch I will keep that in mind! Thank you!!
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• @leafyarch Yes ma'am TGIF!! Orlando is so nice! Ya'll will have blast. I sure hope you get to announce something there, whether it's pregnancy or gender. That would be so nice to tell everyone at the same time. It's hard to get everyone in the same place!! 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: PNV, charting, temping, OPK's, B complex

R/R:  FF has my targeted O day as tomorrow, but still flashing smiley this am. going to have to test again this afternoon (with the ever fun pee-hold - i use the digital sticks) and hope it turns solid! 

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: Where do you want to/or have plans to vacation this summer? We usually spend 1-2 weeks each summer at a small lake in Michigan where my FIL vacationed with his parents. I usually go up for a shorter time, since the cottage doesn't have internet and I don't get a ton of PTO, but DH stays longer. Our boat motor should be operational again (getting rebuilt this winter) and it'll be nice to ride around the lake again!

@josie12367 - happy fri-yay! hope your OPK's show up soon. Your trip to scotland sounds amazing. 

@emmasemm - I love it #teamgetshitdone. I hope you guys can find a clinic 

@spartan4life - it's going to sound gross, but here's how I tell. Keep in mind I use the wipe method, not fishing. :) In spoiler b/c of descriptions - I know most things aren't TMI here, but people should have the option to read this, not be made to. :) Feel free to PM if you have questions. :) 
    EWCM - easiest to tell. Try to put the tissue (or your fingers together), then pull them apart. If it looks like a string (even a small one), it's EWCM. Not everyone produces EWCM, but watery is still fertile! 
    Watery - feels kinda like EWCM, but doesn't stretch. Sounds weird, BUT is also kind of like thicker feeling pee. 
    Creamy - feels/looks like lotion. 
    Sticky - feels like drying Elmer's glue. 

Keep in mind if you get frisky, you might be unsure about CM b/c it could be mixing with ejaculate. Check after about 24 hours to make sure you only get CM. 

@meladams10 - enjoy Kevin Hart and the party this weekend!

@dreamscapes_ - I'm so sorry the RE is being frustrating. You'd think he would have brought that up the first time you came in. :( Glad your AMH is up, but i'm legitimately PO'd on your behalf. I might be looking for a different clinic. It takes enough time to do this without the clinic seeming to withhold pertinent info. 

@kobrien827 - enjoy your weekend off!!!!

@leafyarch - your trip sounds so much fun! :) 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Ladies, I have a question. If I got my first positive OPK on CD 19 last cycle (it was my first time using OPKs) should I wait until closer to then to start OPKs or do you think I should start them early ? Last cycle was weird, and I'm just unsure what to do! Any opinions are appreciated :)
    P.S. I'm waiting for my thermometer to arrive so that will help too!
  • @meladams10 - Do you have an idea of what your "normal" is? I'd personally start testing 2-3 days before O ix expected. 

This website has a chart to help you determine when to start using OPKs based on how long your cycle usually is:
    https://www.conceiveeasy.com/get-pregnant/how-to-use-an-ovulation-predictor-kit/
  • @meladams10 - i usually start mine 4-5 days before O, so if I were in your shoes, I'd start around CD14. If you notice other signs (CM, etc.) it'll help you gauge if O might be coming earlier. :) 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • crookshanks10crookshanks10 member
    edited January 2018
    @kimberbeep @catlady2015 My average is 28 days but I didn't get my positive OPK until CD 19 last cycle. IDK if I'm weird or not but I hope ovulating so late is okay? Maybe I'll start at CD 14 so I don't miss it
  • @meladams10 - the big concern is your luteal phase length. The follicular phase can vary, and that's totally normal. So it's not a matter of really O'ing late, per se. Ladies can have trouble if their LP length is too short, especially <10 days. Do you know how long your LP is? 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @meladams10 broken record here again, but the Clearblue OPK told me to start testing on CD11 and I was like woah that’s early (I O CD19 “usually” as well) but lo and behold CD13 it gave me high fertility. So from now on I’d say a week before when you expect to O, especially if you are unsure.

• @catlady2015 That has been on my mind too... it was only 8 days last cycle :( 
  • @leafyarch Did the time you O change? Or was it just a weird month? 
  • @meladams10 I have yet to receive Peak Fertility notification this cycle - I’ll keep you posted! ;)

• @catlady2015 Thank you for answering my question, that is very helpful! I will try to keep better track the next few days/weeks and see what happens
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @dreamscapes_ We're CD buddies! I got AF today too. I'm so sorry that AF showed up and so frustrated to hear that your doctor just now told you they wanted you to lose so much weight. It sounds like maybe you should look into seeing another doctor who will communicate better. Maybe another doctor will have different advice. I hope you can come to a decision that you feel comfortable with.
    @kimberbeep Yay for purchasing a new home soon! What setting do you have FF on? Did you try the advanced setting? Try switching between a few settings and see what happens. I agree that you definitely didn't O before your positive OPKs! Weird that your temp spiked though.
    @meladams10 Don't be concerned about your LP yet, although I know it's hard not to be. Did you come off of BC recently? I had my IUD taken out last June, and at first my LP was 9 days, and it gradually got longer, up to 11 days. Now my last LP was 13-14 days, so it's likely that your body just needs time to regulate.
    @catlady2015 Excellent description of CM! :D
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @catlady2015 Did yours turn to a solid smiley today? It sounds like you are testing twice daily instead of just FMU? 
    @leafyarch I'm having the same issue as you--first time using the Clearblue OPK's are have had 4 straight days of blinking smileys, no peak. I've used the regular LH urine tests in the past, and have had mostly negatives in the AM, with a very high peak only 1-2 times in the late afternoon, so I think I just have a very short surge, and am wondering if I missed it. I was hoping at least this expensive digital test would be better at catching it, but upon searching the bump forums, it seems like it's actually LESS sensitive! Let me know if yours turns positive
  • @blumoon18 so you got 4 days of blinking high fertility smileys and then never a static peak smiley? ughh that's discouraging :( I'll keep the WTO daily thread posted. I actually had really bad O cramping today so I can't wait to see the results tomorrow.

• @blumoon18 - no, no solid smiley yesterday AND not this morning, either. :( my body's being super fickle and I just want it to get.its.ish.together! Temp was still normal pre-o this am. 

I typically have a shorter surge too. I only started testing twice a day last month b/c it seemed like my temp was off and I wondered if it was coming. I did catch it with the afternoon test last month. Typically LH will rise and fall for 24-48 hours (thank you, FertilityFriend) and the test will pick it up. It's the outlier b/c it says to use FMU, while most OPK's tell you to test in the afternoon, since LH surges typically begin overnight. 

Some ladies have had problems turning these OPK's; I have been lucky enough to not have a problem with them. :( Sorry your body's being so fickle!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @offtoneverland I have been off the bcp since last May, so getting close to a year! I kinda freaked out on Friday and called my OB to ask about testing to see my hormone levels. Hopefully I'll hear back from her office tomorrow. There's so many pieces to TTC!