Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW FRIDAY 1/26

kristah2kristah2 member
edited January 2018 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!**

(stolen from WTO - thanks @josie12367)

Month/Cycle:
Cycle Day/DPO:
Timing:
Typical LP length:
Testing:
R/R:
CS/Q:
GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending? 

Happy Friday!

Re: TWW FRIDAY 1/26

• I'll be P&G until later tonight since I can't get on TB at work. Hope everyone has a very happy Friday!

Month/Cycle: 8/7 (1 benched AL)
    Cycle Day/DPO: 30/13 or 14 (Where are you, AF?!)
    Timing: Good
    Typical LP length: 11  :/
    Testing: I'll probably keep taking cheapies every day until AF shows her face since I'm freaked out by my long LP but have been getting lots of BFNs.
    R/R: It's Friday! It's been a pretty stress-free work week which has been great. 
    GTKY: I definitely prefer a cliffhanger ending. I don't like sad stories! MH and I saw a play a few months ago that had a heartbreaking ending (Death of a Salesman). He loved it and kept raving about the meaning behind it while I just sat there in shock and kept asking him why in the world he made me watch such a sad play. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2
    Cycle Day/DPO: 32/unknown 
    Timing: If I Od when I usually do then good, but I never got clear O signs 
    Typical LP length: 14 days
    Testing: Will get some tests tomorrow if AF doesn’t show today
    R/R: TGIF!!! Also, the students only come half day at work today so then I have time to catch up on my grading! 
    CS/Q: no
    GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending? Cliffhanger for sure, i hate sad endings.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2018
    Thanks for starting this, @kristah2 !
    @offtoneverland - Fx to you!  hopefully the long LP is a good thing!
    @cdepperschmidt - catching up on a Friday is the best! 

Month/Cycle: 4/4
    Cycle Day/DPO: 17/3
    Timing: we have one shot
    Typical LP length: 14
    Testing: nope
    R/R: I am confronting my boss and a VP today about the lack of resources unfairly being allotted to my team.  I am so nervous, and i just want it to be over with.  I am the only girl, so i am trying to keep my emotions in check and not cry or lose my shit and make things worse like they are probably anticipating. Confrontation is THE WORST.
    CS/Q:
    GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending?  I'm going to take the heartbreak.  At least there is closure, and sadness can be cathartic. 

*Harry Potter spoiler, but not really because statute of limitation* 
    I balled at the end of Harry Potter sooo much when Lupin and Snape and Fred Weasley died, but it was a good cry.  If anything would have been left hanging i would have RAGED.  I can handle them being gone, but i couldn't handle not knowing.

• @offtoneverland fx AF doesn’t show! I love going to plays but we don’t get to see enough. On one of our recent dates we saw Jurassic Park at the symphony though & that was awesome. 
    @cdepperschmidt yay for a sort of half day!
    @jengibre_zorro GL today! You will kick ass I’m sure! & I’m with you on the can’t handle not knowing thing. 

Month/Cycle: 1/1
    Cycle Day/DPO: 3
    Timing: fair. -4,-3, O
    Typical LP length: idk
    Testing: I have some wondfos and some FRER but won’t start using the cheapies til probably 8dpo. 
    R/R: I’m going to the movies on saturday and need to decide between the shape of water & I, tonya— which would you rather see? Or have you seen one/ both?
    CS/Q: nada 
    GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending? Sad. I HATE cliffhangers unless I have the next installment immediately available.

SaveSave
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited January 2018
    @jengibre_zorro You are a strong and articulate woman - you got this! Good luck today!
    @cdepperschmidt enjoy the time catching up!
    @offtoneverland hope the long LP ends up being a good thing! Fx!
    @flyingmombula can’t help you on which movie as I haven’t seen either, but let us know what you pick and how it was! 

Month/Cycle: 2/2
    Cycle Day/DPO: 19/should be 1 but I’m wondering if it’ll be tomorrow
    Timing: who knows!
    Typical LP length: 13 last month, we will see this month
    Testing: nada
    R/R: temp down this morning so hoping the many of you who suggested maybe it’s late this month are right! Ranting that the scale still hates me despite workouts and tracking cals. I did not eat enough calories for you to be up a lb today! (Though I did eat enough) 
    CS/Q: still running an OPK or to today and tomorrow
    GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending? Heartbreaking. I need a conclusive ending.

Oh and I have a question! If you O late, does your whole cycle get longer? I feel super dumb but I don’t know how this works yet.
  • @offtoneverland sorry about all the BFN's and that your cycle is being a pain this month.
    @cdepperschmidt hope you get lots done this afternoon! Great when your students have a half day!
    @jengibre_zorro good luck today with confronting you boss and VP. Stay strong girl, you've got this! (easy for me to say - hard for me to do. I'd already be crying by now)
    @flyingmombula enjoy your trip to the movies!

Month/Cycle:2/2
    Cycle Day/DPO:25/8
    Timing: good-ish?
    Typical LP length: 12-ish
    Testing: tomorrow morning pre wine (/I already tested last night. I don't know why. sucker for punishment I guess. And I really needed a reality check that it's most like PMS symptoms I'm experiencing and this months LP looks like it might be short.) 
    R/R: Tomorrow starts anniversary getaway! I really needs to sneak away to the store to buy H a card today. 
    CS/Q: nothing to see at all. 
    GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending? 
    Definitely heartbreaking ending. I really need closure. 
  • Month/Cycle: 1st month/cycle AL

Cycle Day/DPO:
    17/3

Timing: -4, -,2, -1, 0

Typical LP length:
    11/12 days

Testing:
    Maybe next Thursday at the earliest, going to try and hold out until next Saturday though. 

R/R: Sofuckingglad it’s Friday.  Still struggling to adjust to my new schedule, I went to bed at 9 last night.  I have to work Sunday though, pretty sure I’m going to quit that job until I’m done with fieldwork.  Working 6 days a week is not that fun as it turns out. 

CS/Q: nah

Definitely heartbreaking.  I need resolution. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @chopchop25 from what I understand - yes. You LP length is the only consistent (ish) thing in your cycle. So if your LP is generally 13 days, AF should be 13 days after O. 
  • eleven_eleven_ member
    edited January 2018

@offtoneverland WFAF is the worst. I’m right there with you.
    @jengibre_zorro GL with your boss today.
    @flyingmombula My friend just saw The Shape of Water and won’t stop raving. I want to see it so bad. I haven’t heard of the other movie.
    @chopchop25 I don’t think there is a yes/no answer for your cycle changing. Mine has always stayed the same, but that doesn’t mean yours will. Sorry, I’m not very helpful. FX you get a + OPK soon.
    @kristah2 FX for you tomorrow.
    @coco2787 Yay for Friday! This week was seriously the longest. Working 6 days a week sounds miserable! I’m sorry.

Month/Cycle: 7/7 – 1 CP
    Cycle Day/DPO: 25/11
    Timing: Good
    Typical LP length: 12
    Testing: WFAF – which should be tomorrow, but I thinks she’s going to be late this month.
    R/R: We are having family over for dinner tomorrow night so tonight and tomorrow will be spent cleaning my house. Fun weekend ahead. Also, I've been doing intermittent fasting this week and I'm starving. I only eat between certain hours of the day and it's so hard  :'(
    CS/Q:
    GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending? It depends on my mood. I like cliffhangers, but I also like a good cry once in a while. 

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @offtoneverland Yay for stress free day today!!
    @cdepperschmidt Half days rock!
    @jengibre_zorro You got this! I hate confrontation also. GL!
    @chopchop25 A friend of mine own's a gym (called Burn Bootcamp) and she is a trainer. She said it's very common to gain some scale lbs before you start to lose the lbs. That happened with me. But not to let it discourage you! It'll start to come off!
    @kristah2 FX for tomorrow! Congrats on your anniversary!
    @coco2787 You rock for handling 6 days a week. Hoping that you adjust soon!!
    @eleven_ Sometimes my favorite thing about having company is that it forces me to deep clean. Haha! I am generally a neat freak to begin with, but it's nice to go all out for company.

Month/Cycle: 1/1
    Cycle Day/DPO: 28/15?
    Timing: -5, -3, -1, 0, +2
    Typical LP length: 15?
    Testing: Testing again if AF doesn't show. I just started using fertility friend and it shows AF should show up today. But I had 2 other apps I was using to keep track of AF and those said it's expected on Sunday. So I don't know. I am going to delete the other apps and strictly use FF. I have no PMS symptoms, which is common, so I hate not having an idea when it'll start. Bad cramps and bloating only start up when I actually start bleeding.
    R/R: Rant: Cloudy today...I hate cloudy weather. It always brings my mood down. Rave: I will be getting my full set of Boudoir photos this evening via online to look through, and I am SO EXCITED. DH is pretty excited too; it was the first thing he said this morning. I have a feeling there may be a BD done tonight. Too bad it's not O time. Haha!
    CS/Q: None
    GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending? I had to really think about this...but I think heartbreaking ending. I usually can prepare for the sad endings, but cliff hangers just leave me mad for more.

Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021

• @offtoneverland  you beat me to post today  :D
    Sorry for the BFNs
    @jengibre_zorro  good luck with your boss/VP today!
    @flyingmombula  I haven’t seen either but have heard great things about The shape of water, let us know either way. 
    @chopchop25  your weight can fluctuate so drastically from day to day, I “gained” 3 lbs one day and then “lost” it the next day, keep with the workouts/healthy eating, it’ll balance out
    @kristah2  Fx for you tomorrow
    @eleven_ can I ask why the fasting? Health or belief related? I’m a snacker when I’m at work so I totally get the hunger when you don’t eat for awhile.
    @Whitmore1027  sorry your cycle is weird, I use two apps...sometimes the data you put in FF can change your chart and I’m not sure I 100% agree with the changes. Although I haven’t been doing this long enough to have a firm stance on it, but have 2 apps I like to compare the data. Could be my analytical side though :) GL, hope you like it.

Month/Cycle: 5/6
    Cycle Day/DPO: 20/8
    Timing: I’ll stick with decent for now
    Typical LP length: 12ish
    Testing: tomorrow, I almost tested today but a site I frequently look at reminded me only 18% of people get + on 8dpo, but it jumps to 48% on 9 dpo so I decided not to waste a test!
    R/R: it’s friday!!! And I think I’ll get out of work early today. No rants :)
    CS/Q: nope
    GTKY: Would you rather read a book (or see a movie) with a cliffhanger ending or a heartbreaking ending? I’ll go with cliffhanger, I can always imagine what the ending would have been.
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 GL for testing tomorrow! I don't really like dieting so I fast instead. I only eat between 10 am and 6 pm and I've always lost weight really quickly when I do this. By the third or fourth day, it's not really hard either. There are lots of health benefits to fasting also. I always feel 100% times better when I eat like this. 
    TW

• @nmbrcrnchr1 what a great statistic! I had no idea! good luck tomorrow to you too!
  • Thanks for all the well wishes, the meeting went well, and i kept it together like a big girl!

@flyingmombula - i think the clear answer here is double feature!
    @chopchop25 - when i O late, my cycle is longer.  I think LP is usually (but not always) consistent
    @kristah2 - happy anniversary!!
    @coco2787 - sorry about working sunday, that sucks!  i also went to bed at 9 last night, but i just really love sleep, lol
    @eleven_ props to you on the fasting.  I have to fast once a year for a wellness check thing for insurance, and i am a hot mess.  SO hard.  A good friend of mine swears by it though, and has amazing results.  
    @Whitmore1027 - I think FF takes past cycles into consideration, so maybe it just hasn't figured you out yet?  
    @nmbrcrnchr1 - your willpower is inspiring  :) good luck tomorrow!

• Month/Cycle: 1/1
    Cycle Day/DPO: 28/9
    Timing: Nope
    Typical LP length: not sure
    Testing: Nope
    R/R: It's been a stressful week and today was the most stressful but smooth sailing now. I'm happy I can relax!
    CS/Q:

Going with cliffhanger as long as there will eventually be a resolution in a later book/movie. Although even stuff that's open ended like the end of Inception I'm ok with. I can't take heartbreaking anymore. A bunch of people here have been talking about this is us, so I finally watched the first episode of season 2 and I think I'm just done. It's too sad! I went to bed feeling blah because of it. Not worth it for me.
    @jengibre_zorro
    i hate confrontation so stuff like that is so hard for me. Good luck and great job standing up for your team!
    @flyingmombula
    I'm positive the shape of water is a better movie, but Tonya Harding is so cray and that movie just looks so amusing to me. I'd probably go in that direction.  :D
    **June Siggy Challenge - P.I.L.Fs**
    httpsstaticboredpandacomblogwp-contentuploads201702best-dad-ever-chris-hemsworth-thor-589aec291b80c__700jpg
  • @Whitmore1027 I was also using multiple apps in the beginning to track my cycle and made the switch to FF a few months ago. I used all three for a couple weeks, but now I only use FF. I think you'll like it  :)
    TW

• ugh @offtoneverland that's so annoying about your LP.  What a tease.

@cdepperschmidt is a 32+ day cycle normal for you?  I'm impressed you've held out on testing this long.

@jengibre_zorro I'm glad the confrontation wasn't too painful.  I can't confront people to save my life.

@kristah2 enjoy your getaway!

@eleven_ I don't think I could ever do any kind of fasting.  I get hangry.  I had to eat a 2nd breakfast today
    because there was no way I was making it until lunch time.  

@Whitmore1027 so far FF has been better than other apps for me but I still use another one to cross reference.

@nmbrcrnchr1 FX for a BFP tomorrow!

@rosebud332 I won't watch This is Us either.  My real life has been depressing enough lately.

Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Thanks! My half day was productive!

@kristah2 Happy Anniversary! I hope your get away is awesome!

@coco2787 My longest cycle was 31 days, but usually they’re 27-29 days. I will test tomorrow. 
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 I really like FF so far! I love the emails I have gotten that really deeply explains the full menstrual cycle. I was pretty familiar with a lot of it, but it gave lots of the scientific data that I never knew! It's so cool!
    @jengibre_zorro Yeah that's probably a big part of it. But I did decide to go in and put in my menses from October until now in hopes that it'll be more accurate. But I LOVE the app so far and all the info it provides!! :smile:
    @eleven_ I am definitely going to have to stick to one, because it's crazy how they don't line up at all. I don't know how that's possible because I have the same info in each one! SO weird. But since I have seen so many good recommendations for FF, I'll be sticking to that one!
    @coco2787 Glad to hear you like FF too!
    Me: 32 | DH: 33
    Met: 2005 | Started Dating: 2009 | Married: 2013

TTC#1: 06.2014;   BFP: 12.2015; DS Born: August 16, 2016
    TTC#2: 12.2017; BFP: 02.26.2018; CP 03.02.2018
                                BFP: 04.26.2018 DD Born: December 26, 2018
    Surprise Pregnancy #3; BFP: 01.11.2020; Due Date: September 19, 2021