Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Slow growth help- UPDATE in comments

Fruitcove7Fruitcove7 member
edited January 2018 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
i hope this is the right place to post this. I went in at 7+5 and baby was measured at 6+4 days with heartbeat. I went back in at 8+6 and baby measured at 6+5 still with heartbeat. I am scheduled to go in at 9+4 (tuesday) for a viability scan. Has anyone gone through this? I’ve researched so much and the results seem to mostly be miscarriage and that is what I’m preparing for. Is this how it’s happened for anyone here? I’ve mostly read that the heart eventually stops on its own with such slow growth. Please share your experiences, good or bad. Thank u! 

Re: Slow growth help- UPDATE in comments

• Options
    Fruitcove7   I'm so sorry you're going through this. *TW* This has happened to me two times each after an IVF transfer and each time my experience did not turn out well.  I can give you more details if you want.  That said, that does not mean that your pregnancy is necessarily going to go that way. What is the doctor/nurse telling you?  
  • Options
    Fruitcove7Fruitcove7 member
    edited January 2018
    @ChiTown16 thank you so much for your response. This last appt, the dr was very quiet and just said it was very weird. I have brought the worry on myself, but I’m trying to “hope for the best, prepare for the worst”
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fruitcove7 - I think that's a good mentality to have; I always try to be cautiously optimistic in these situations (easier said than done I know). Hang in there and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!  
  • Options
    Have they been tracking a beta quant for hcg via blood work? 
  • Options
    @kathrenne no they have not. Either way, I’ll find out something at 2:45 with another ultrasound. I’ll update. Thanks for your responses. <3
  • Options
    @Fruitcove7
    It sounds like the others have this covered, just wanted to share that I was in this situation just 2 weeks ago. My outcome was not good. TW ended up naturally miscarrying at 10w, mmc since 6w, after 2 scans, latter showing no growth. I’m here if you have any more questions. 
  • Options
    We found out today our little beans heart has stopped. I’m calling to schedule a d&c. I knew in my heart this was going to be the outcome. Thank you ladies and I’m so sorry for your losses. 
  • Options
    @Fruitcove7 so sorry for your loss
  • Options
    @Fruitcove7
    Sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry, sweetheart. Truly. There’s no wrong way to feel or act. Hugs and prayers. 
  • Options
    @Fruitcove7 sending you guys through this difficult time. Know that we are here for you. Take time to grieve and take time for yourself 
  • Options
    Thank you all so very much. It is a weird empty feeling. Not sure it’s quite sunk in yet.  <3
  • Options
    @Fruitcove7 I’m so very sorry for this awful outcome. Huge hugs and prayers coming your way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    c-town18c-town18 member
    edited January 2018
    @Fruitcove7 - I'm so sorry.  I felt empty/numb for a few days after getting my bad news as well. I second what 40momma said, give yourself time to grieve.  When something bad happens, there's always so much focus on being strong and continuing on, but you need to give yourself "permission" to feel sad and emotional as you work through this. After the initial shock and then sadness, every day has gotten easier for me so hopefully you'll find that to be the case too.  I'm so sorry. 
  • Options
    I’m so very sorry for your loss. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Options
    I’m so very sorry for your loss. Worst feeling in the world that emptiness. Be kind to yourself