June 2018 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 1/24

Also, should we just start doing Weekly Complaints lol

Re: WTF Wednesday 1/24

• Options
    krash_krash_ member
    edited January 2018
    I was thinking that...I saw on another BMB that they just do a weekly MBF/TWT/WTFW thread. We could come up with a more clever name though. 

I have no WTF's today. 

ETA: clever not cleaver  B)
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    I have a WTF: my mom. I told my mom a couple days ago that we ran the numbers, and it just doesn't seem like it's financially feasible for us to move to the bay area, and that it's unlikely DH would be able to get a job in socal due to a lack of ties to the community (not impossible, but unlikely). Since then, we keep having the same. exact. conversation. over. and over. and over. Like literally the same exact conversation multiple times a day. It's driving me nuts. And she acts like I'm getting frustrated out of no where, but it's like, no, I'm frustrated because can you please just record this conversation and play it back for yourself next time you feel the need to have it. It's not like I'm not disappointed -- I am, it sucks. But she just keeps saying, "But how can DH make that much money, and it's not affordable for you guys to live wherever you want!" And I have to remind her how astronomical my student loans are, that San Francisco is the most expensive city to live in in the country, that just because she bought her house for $180k in the 1980s does not mean we can do the same more than 30 years later. I also think it's crazy how expensive everything is now, but I cannot personally change that. 

Raaaage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just heard Babies R Us is closing, in particular the store near me that DH and I select 4 hours registering at. Now I'm wondering if I forge ahead with my registry there and direct more people online? But, what about any returns.... Talk about a POTA! GRRR
  • Options
    @stephcat421 I was just going to post about that! They are closing 182 stores including the one by us. We would have to travel 30-40 mins to get to one now. Luckily we haven't registered yet. We were debating between BRU and Target but now I'm thinking we will just do Target. 

What I am really perturbed with is that my mom is coming to visit in February to pick out a crib because she wants to buy it for us. I thought it would be fun to go in store and pick something out together but I don't want to order something from a store that is potentially going out of business. 

Nearest BBB is an hour away and there isn't one in WI where most of my family is for the registry. We are doing Amazon so at least people will have that option but with Target's small baby section it will be hard for the folks that like shopping in store to find something in stock at their store. 

#firstworldproblems 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    @stephcat421 @krashke I for some reason thought we discussed the BRU closing months ago on this BMB, but now I think I just saw another BMB talk about it when I was lurking. eep.  :D:( 

Anyway, I'd reco transferring your registry over to babylist -- it's automatic, and I think you can then specify different stores? I'm not really sure, but at least you'll have your items saved, and I'm almost positive that it suggests Amazon/Target etc as alternatives for a lot of options. I guess it doesn't really solve the in-person problems, necessarily... unless it shows that most of your items are available at, say, Target, or something...
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 yeah I was only doing BRU for the in store aspect. I do also have a Babylist registry that I have linked Amazon to and I have a bunch of the nursery decor that I want from Etsy on there. 

I think most people that would be buying something for me off a registry have mostly figured out the online shopping things and would be fine with Amazon and if people get us stuff from other stores that we didn't register for we can always return/exchange them so I don't think it is actually something to worry about. 
    *TW LC*

• Options
    Well that’s annoying. I heard TRU was going out of business but I also heard it wouldn’t effect the BRU portion of the business. It looks like the store near us is on the closing list. Sigh 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 thanks for suggestion on babylist will have to check that out. 

@krashke definitely wanted an in person option too and I liked the furniture at BRU so much more, it was so sturdy. The crib we want is about $400 there but over$700 on Amazon which surprised me. I agree targets section is too small.  We gave a BBB around the same area of the BRU closing (Brookfield, WI) but I still didn't feel their store had near the stuff as BRU. Plus, was looking forward to the 15% off anything not purchased off registry, 10% back, return items off registry for a year and their weekly diaper sale which was super convenient for DH to scoop on way home from work.

• Options
    I'm annoyed that one of DH's friends invited 300 to their sip & see via FACEBOOK! The mom was on bed rest most of the 3rd tri and still had TWO showers (one with the dad's family only and a surprise one at their job-both parents work at the same place). I'm trying to understand how there is even 300 people that still need to be invited ??? Plus I looked at the registry (300+ items) a lot of stuff is moot since the baby already born and the nursery is done (they posted pictures). I told DH about the invite list on facebook and he was in disbelief, we figured they'd have something but not with 300 people. Seems really impersonal and greedy. Also I feel like there is away to hide the invite list on facebook after you create the event, so I'm also peeved they didn't just do that instead of showing us they're basically having a donation center.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 @krashke Maybe just a general what's pissing me off today thread? Or, since I am a big Peter Griffin fan, "You know what really grinds my gears?"

Ads Vision GIF