September 2018 Moms

First-Time Mother (FTM) Check-In Week of 1/10

zuzu43zuzu43 member
edited January 2018 in September 2018 Moms
I know this is supposed to be on Tuesdays, but I created it today because it seems like there hasn't been one yet. How are all the FTMs feeling?

Re: First-Time Mother (FTM) Check-In Week of 1/10

• Hi @zoeycakes

I'm feeling ok. My nausea is pretty severe. No throwing up yet but tons of dry heaving. I'm not surprised I haven't vomited though. My body hates doing it. Even if there's a virus that needs to get out. Otherwise, I'm enjoying the exhaustion. I've been sleeping so well. 

I'm thankful for my symptoms. They help me remember that I actually am pregnant. The PGAL brain is real. I have my first appointment tomorrow. I'm hoping if things look good, I'll mentally be able to calm down.

Also, I can't wait to start doing all the baby shopping! My mom has already started, haha. 
  • zuzu43zuzu43 member
    edited January 2018
    @SkilledSailor That is so exciting that you have your first appointment tomorrow! I'm sending good vibes your way, and I can't wait to hear an update! And I bet your mom is excited! Is this her first grandchild?

My EDD is 9/13. So far, my nausea has been very mild, and it comes and goes. You're 1.5 weeks ahead of me. Do you remember when yours first began/got worse?

This is my first pregnancy, so I have not yet experienced a loss (knock on wood), but I have still been so anxious about it since even before getting pregnant. I cannot wait for my first appointment, and it seems SO FAR AWAY, even though it is only 2 weeks away. I can only imagine how it must feel after a loss. Hoping today goes by SO QUICKLY for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • @zoeycakes I had some queasiness starting around 4weeks. The real MS started on Sunday at 5w6d. And yes! This is the first grandchild for both families and first great-grandchild for all my grandparents. Everyone is pretty excited. 

Thank you! Hopefully your two weeks goes by quickly! Mine was scheduled two weeks out as well.  Honestly, it felt like forever when we scheduled it but the time did pass pretty quickly. 
  • @zoeycakes thanks for making this!! I'm sooo excited about being a FTM!! We have been TTC since 1/1/17 and I found out two days after Christmas that I'm expecting. My EDD is 9/2. Labor Day weekend. How ironic! My symptoms started at about week three. I'd struggled with insomnia for years... and then all of a sudden I could sleep. Then, sleep is all I wanted to do. Besides exhaustion, I've also had a heightened sense of smell and a very small case of crying for no reason at all... but all of my symptoms disappeared yesterday morning and I have yet to have any today either, weird. I had my first appointment on 1/2 and we get to see baby on 1/23. 
    Me: 33 DH: 31 Baby: 9/2/2018 BabyFruit Ticker

• @SkilledSailor Thank you!

@smsaulino First, congratulations! That's awesome that you've gone from not sleeping to sleeping! I haven't been sleeping so well, I guess because of the change in hormones. 
  • carolina422carolina422 member
    edited January 2018
    @zoeycakes @SkilledSailor @smsaulino. Nice to meet you ladies!!! I’m 6w6d. So far I have had the exhaustion, sore breasts, and intermittent nausea. I haven’t had MS. The nausea just started this week but have have had exhaustion and sore breasts since week 4. The exhaustion has been the worse for me with my job which has been busy the past several months. I feel like I have already worked 24 hours on my way into work each morning. I’m hoping this will get better in the second trimester. This will be my Mom’s first Grandchild so I know she’s excited. For my husband’s family this will be their 4th. 

@SkilledSailor I hope your appointment goes well today, I will be sending good thoughts your way!!! I can’t wait to hear updates. And I am with you on the PGAL brain. My last was a CP so we have made it farther this time but I am so nervous and trying to not get too excited until our US next week. 

@zoeycakes I wouldn’t worry too much about the nausea or MS. Mine is also just mild nausea and I know some people don’t get MS at all. That’s exciting that you have your appointment schedule. My was scheduled 3 weeks out but I agree it does go by faster than u think!!! 

@smsaulino Don’t worry symptoms can come and go sometimes. But if you start to worry you can always call your Dr and they may just reassure you or schedule to see you sooner. 
  • I'm doing alright. I'm excited but still trying to wrap my head around everything. We bought our first baby thing the other day! First appointment tomorrow. I think it is mostly tests and information. As much as I hate blood draws, I'm ready to get a blood test confirmation and that everything is alright so we can share with our parents.first round of ms happened right before bed a few nights ago and just been serverly nauseous since then. Hoping I can make it through lunch with the in-laws without tipping them off.
  • I hate to be a downer but I’m a bit worried. I have been spotting this week and am terrified that it means miscarriage. It’s not a lot, just a some dark blood when I wipe and slight very faint wavering cramps.  I guess I just wanted to see or hear of the possibilities of this not being automatically what it could mean. I am 8 weeks in two days and according to the statistics the chances are down to 3% or so and the symptoms don’t match with a what would look like for a miscarriage at 8 weeks. I still have the symptoms described for 8 weeks, but I feel a bit lighter than they were a week ago (sore breasts, nausea, saliva, etc) Could this be “normal”? -worried & anxious FTM
  • @lagygin I'm not a ftm, and I don't know if your question has been answered more definitely by your body, but I can offer the advice that you call your doctor tomorrow. They'll either tell you everything is fine or get you in for an exam. Some spotting is normal, and try to not read into symptom descriptions too much because every pregnancy is different. FX for you, and let us know how you're doing.
  • @Patience7150 Thank you kindly for your response. I am happy to report that I had my 8wk appt & my lil peanut is doing fine! I am so relieved and ecstatic! Being cautious nonetheless and taking it easy. 
  • STM here but figured I’d give you ladies some reassurance from a btdt standpoint.

@lagygin I’m glad your appt. went well! Spotting can be very common! Usually they want to check you out if it’s bright red or clots. Darker is usually older blood leftover from before. Also sex can cause some bleeding as well.

@zuzu43 my ms was very mild last time and this time it was even more so then disappeared. My OB told me today it usually gets worse around week 9, so we’ll see what happens this weekend. Lots of people have no sickness though.