1st Trimester

First appt this morning! 8 weeks

morning! I’m heading to my first appt this morning and I’m terrified. I’ll be 8 weeks tomorrow, should I expect an ultrasound? H is coming with me and it just seems so awkward to be in stirrups with him there - but I guess I’d better get used to it! Lol. What should I expect from this first appt?

Re: First appt this morning! 8 weeks

• Well i mean you had sex haha it isn't like he doesn't have an idea whats under the blanket ;) 
    depends some will do a dating US and some won't depends on how sure you are of your dates. You can always call and ask the receptionist what to expect for your specific dr :) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• H was there and I was in the stirrups when I got pregnant. So... there you go. He's also going to be there when you're giving birth and when you are immediately postpartum and trying to get padcicles positioned. This is just part of it. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Not all dr office give you an early u/s so you may or may not have one.

As for the stirrups, our exam rooms have a seat against the wall and a privacy curtain. When I was pregnant with DS I made them close the curtain so MH couldn't see them doing the exam. Everyone laughed but I was much more comfortable that way.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!