Infertility

December IVF anyone???

Re: December IVF anyone???

• @ndz2018 that's awesome which will you transfer? Hubby and I want a girl so if we have a choice we will opt for a girl transfer but we will take either. I will be transferring 2 as long as a 2nd ER gets us some more embryos. How many will you transfer I can't remember if you have answered that before?
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    History in the spoiler (child and pregnancy loss mentioned)
    IVF #1 - Jan 2015 - 25 eggs retrieved down to 4 blasts to freeze
    FET #1 - March 2015 -- BFP twin boys
    Lost one twin June 2017
    FET #2 - August 2017 -- BFP single girl
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #2 - Jan 2018 - 13 eggs retrieved down to 1 blast
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF
    FET # 4 - Unknown start date, waiting to finalize everything

• @mandurz I’m pretty sure we’ll be transferring one. H isn’t a big fan of transferring two. We will for sure be transferring the male. He is the strongest grade and we always talk about having a boy. If by chance this FET doesn’t work then a GIRL IT IS!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bpietronicco How have you been holding up this past week? You go back for another ultrasound this week, right?
    Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 I have an ultrasound tomorrow.  Been holding up okay.  Still super nervous, sad and cant stay off of google.
  • @bpietronicco I really hope you get some good news tomorrow. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    IVF #3 - June 2018 - BFN (transferred 2, 1 from previous cycle and 1 adopted embryo)
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @bpietronicco FX for you tomorrow. I sincerely hope your news is good news, although I know it's hard to keep the hope alive when the odds seem stacked against you. Whatever the outcome, I hope your time in limbo is at least over and you have some answers. Thinking of you. 

TFAS since 2012

Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!

• There was a heartbeat still- and it went up- had a lot of growth- dr pleasantly surprised- she is still nervous about some things though and still not sure that it will develop normally But we are now cautiously optimistic instead of doom and gloom
  • @bpietronicco So glad a little hope has been infused into the situation! Do you have another follow up scheduled? FX!

TFAS since 2012

• @bpietronicco I am happy that there is optimistic views now. Caution is always ok to feel especially with prior loss. When is your next ultrasound?
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @bpietronicco So happy you got better news! 

AFM-  So surgery couldn’t have gone better the doctor told H. Problem was when I woke up from the anesthesia I got really sick! From the moment I opened my eyes I begin throwing up went all day till about 4pm. It was horrible! The pain was totally doable! Initially when I first Woke up I had intense pain but it subsided after pretty quickly after the pain meds and was more like bad menstal cramps than anything else. Heating pad helped, but the nausea was horrid! I used to suffer from Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome and it was the only this I can Compare it to. During those episodes I’d be puking for 6 days non stop, no eating, drinking water nada. Many many trips to ER during those episodes. I’d go into the ER and they’d automatically profile me as a drug addict when i was clearly not. I told Them to drug test me and Look at my arms no track marks. It was a really tough to diagnose but after changing my diet and meds I did Much better and haven’t had an episode in over a year now but yesterday it exactly what it felt like. H wanted to take me to the ER around 3 yesterday but I told Him no Bc they weren’t going to do much and by 4 I could keep down water, then tea and finally some soup. Today Im a little crampy but Advil is working for the most part.
  • @ndz2018 sounds horrible- glad you are on the mend and surgery went well!

AFM- I have a follow up u/s Tuesday and then an appt with my OB on Wednesday as long as Tuesday’s scan is good . This appt definitely seemed more hopeful but she said I had low amniotic fluid and I made the mistake of googling that.   This has and continues to be so hard and keeps pointing to chromosomal abnormalities.  
  • @bpietronicco GOOGLE IS THE ENEMY!! 
  • @ndz2018 glad surgery went well, hope you recover quickly from that.

@bpietronicco I hope Google is wrong, having that hope ripped away from you like that is heartbreaking cuz that is what I went through in Oct. Only difference is I had no signs of trouble before.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz thanks! I need to stay off of google because it is so disheartening.  I have to think positive-I am sure there are so many stories out there that are not on the internet but only time will tell.
  • @bpietronicco yeah reading stories can take you down a dark road if you click on the wrong one. 

I just got out of my consult to see what next steps were for another ER. Dr said out of the embryos that didn't make it, the parts that would have been the baby were small. He wants me to try an anti-inflammatory diet for 30 days and take co-q10 and upped my metformin. On Feb 28th we will look at starting the process for the next ER. Since I don't get AF without meds at all my initial appointment is never dependant on when AF comes. Likely on the 28th I will be starting BCP for a few days like last time so I do get AF and then start stimulation. If I am right I should have another ER around mid March. My husband is getting frustrated this time around compared to our first IVF attempt because there are so many more bumps in the road. I cannot believe how lucky we were 3 years ago to just go through this once and have success. I know it happens but it doesn't more often than it does. I am still very excited and hopeful that we will get good results. Right now for all of us it is just needing to stay positive, whether it's from a transfer that already happened or looking towards doing a transfer in the future.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz This whole process is frustrating, I’m sorry your H is having a tough time it. You guys have been through a lot! Keep your head up doll and exactly stay positive, you’re doing everything you possible can to make this happen. 
  • @bpietronicco I’m so glad things look better this time!!
    @mandurz i hope you and H get on the same page! && I hope these changes help your next ER! 
  • @krenee124 I hope it works too. Hubby and I are on the same page about doing another ER now. He was just very frustrated that we are having to do this again but knows we both want another child. 
    How are you feeling?
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz Glad you have a plan moving forward. And you're right - staying positive seems like half the battle sometimes! FX for much better results in March.

@krenee124 How's it going, lady!?!? How are your little beans? Do you have any other ultrasounds coming up? How are you feeling symptom-wise?

TFAS since 2012

• Checking in- I have my appt tomorrow- getting super nervous again!  I am glad to see all of you are doing well. 
  • @bpietronicco I’m really hoping tomorrow’s appointment brings good news!! 
  • @bpietronicco good luck tomorrow, just remember stay positive so you can have a nice relaxing home for your little bean. 
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• TW the baby didn’t have a heartbeat today with little growth from last week. I am scheduled for a D&C on Monday.  And then a follow up consult next Friday. Devastated can’t even describe how I am feeling right now.  End TW 
  • @bpietronicco there are no wordsto really explain how it feels to be told that, having gone through this myself I feel for you totally. Rest, grieve, and don't blame yourself. I know it doesn't help but I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you a speedy physical recovery from the D&C and remember don't let anyone tell you when it's time to "move on" except your own gut. Take a break from all of this for as long or as little as you need. Are you going to have genetic testing done to see why the baby stopped growing? I can't remember if you did PGS before the transfer.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @bpietronicco Oh man, I have No words either other than it seriously sucks! I mimmick everything @mandurz has said. Do not blame yourself and take as much or as little time as you need.  
  • @bpietronicco I am so sorry to read your update. I know the pain is soul crushing, especially after all it's taken to get to this point. Physically, I hope the D&C goes smoothly and your recovery is quick. Emotionally, I am sending you all the strength I have and am wishing you peace during such a devastating time. <3 

TFAS since 2012

• @mandurz we did not do pgs testing.  The RE does want To do genetic testing to find out.  From the very beginning we knew this was a possibility since the hcg levels didn’t rise appropriately but was beginning to be so hopeful after our last appointment and hearing the heartbeat twice.  We have a follow up appt with the RE on next Friday to discuss next steps.  We will see. 
  • @bpietronicco I definitely suggest the testing if the RE is giving you a choice. Finding out that the baby was a girl and that she had trisomy 9, one gave me a chance to name her and two gave me closure after reading that she may not have lived more than a few months possibly at most. And loss hurts and is awful to go through, but understanding that she could have been in pain most if not all of her life was something that helped me be at peace. I am not a super religious person but I would rather believe she is at peace with her older brother than want her to be in pain her whole life (however short). 
    My hope for you is that if you do the genetic testing it gives you solid answers to prepare the way for closure when you are ready.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @bpietronicco I’m so sorry :disappointed: this IF stuff is SO hard on the body, the soul, relationships, everything! I know this all too well and nothing anyone can say will make it better. Take your time to grieve your loss & love on your significant other!

AFM, I’m doing well. Since the swelling from OHSS has gone down I’m doing way better! I have extremely runny nose all day everyday and fatigue is so real! I have another u/s on 2/5 (10w6d) so hoping all goes well. I will transfer to my OB after this appt. The RE is still seeing me due to ovary size and fluid retention.
  • @krenee124 I am glad you are doing well and hope that continues for sure. Keep us posted
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @bpietroniccoi hope the procedure went smoothly and you are physically doing ok. Emotionally is another story but physically I hope you are ok.
    Married since 2009 
    Me-PCOS DH-nothing wrong
    Lost one twin June 2017
    Miscarriage Oct 2017
    Break from TTC and IVF

• @mandurz procedure went well and at home resting.  They had me use the misoprostal(sp) this morning before my procedure and I started bleeding when I got there and it seems the sac was already near the cervix when the performed the d&c.   Now we wait for the genetic testing and go from there.  Thanks for checking in on me.  I appreciate it.  
  • @bpietronicco Thinking if you and hoping your procedure went smoothly today. I hope Fri will bring you some answers

@krenee124 How did it go today?

AFM, Transfer is pushed off till April. She said normally she transfers the next cycle with uterine septum but she wouldn’t feel comfortable transferring in March due to the size of my septum, she said it stretched all the down to my cervix. So she rather have me sit out till I get My AF at the end of March rather then chance losing an embryo. Pending my AF cooperates which I’m sure it won’t
  • @bpietronicco Thinking of you. Glad you are doing OK physically and hoping you can find any little piece of comfort you can while you grieve.  

@ndz2018 So sorry your transfer got pushed back but it sounds like it was for a good reason and your RE has your (and your embryos') best interest at heart. Hope AF cooperates for you!

@krenee124 Hope everything went well yesterday!

TFAS since 2012

• Thank you for checking on me ladies! Appt on 2/5 went well!
    @bpietronicco I am sorry... I hope you’re able to get answers. This WILL happen for you, I’m firm in that! 
    @ndz2018 ugh I hate when things get pushed back but I’m so glad your doctor is doing what will be best for you and your transfer! April will be here before we know it! & I’m thrilled!
  • @krenee124 Keep us updated!! I'm glad things are getting better!
    @bpietroniccoI I was peeping, and I hope you recover well. I hope you get confirmation!! Keep looking up, you got it!
    @ndz2018 Aw! It's okay, she had good reasons to push back the date, you'll thank her!!! The month of February is already flying by us, so we'll see April soon.
  • Had to postpone my follow up today because of snow but it is probably a good thing since the genetic testing is not back yet.   Glad to hear everyone is doing well.  Tough to know which thread to belong to now.
  • I had my follow up today and we decided to give it one more go- I will be starting some vitamins to hopefully improve the quality of my eggs.  
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited February 2018
    @bpietronicco Do you know when you’ll be starting? Hope you’re well!!
  • @bpietronicco Glad you have have a plan moving forward. I really hope IVF #2 is your lucky cycle. Are you seeing a naturopath at all about the vitamins? I've been on a whole cocktail since Jan 2017. My RE actually wanted me to see a fertility-focused naturopath so I searched one out and she's been amazing. Anyway, all that to say if you want to chat suplements, I'm happy to discuss if you have questions about something I might know about!

TFAS since 2012