Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday 1/24

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

When do you think you will start TTC?

Any R/R?

GTKY: Apparently today is National Peanut Butter Day. So do you like peanut butter? What’s you favorite way to eat it?
DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday 1/24

• When do you think you will start TTC?
    May/June

Any R/R?
    I got a referral to an OB to remove my nexplanon while is was at my annual physical. Speaking to someone besides MH about ttc made it seem so much more real. I’ve started to think of what I want to do before we have another baby. I’m thinking things like getting LO potty trained and in a toddler bed and financial stuff. It makes my head spin.

GTKY: Apparently today is National Peanut Butter Day. So do you like peanut butter? What’s you favorite way to eat it?

I’m classic, so I’ll say pbj. That was really my only craving during my last pregnancy. Mostly because I was always hungry and it was easy to make.
  • @meggyme We've officially started TTC this month but training and toddler bed transfer are both on our list to do before second baby arrives (whenever that may be!) I'm going to wait until my crazy work schedule ends and prob start in March. I'm dreeeeaaaaddding it, lol. As for toddler bed I told my husband I want to wait until we are officially pregnant again and out of the first tri to tackle that because my DD will be sharing a room with the next LO and I want to do the toddler bed and reorganizing all at once. It makes my head spin too!
  • Loading the player...
  • @maureenmce His old is LO? We just moved DD to her toddler bed last month and I love it. She has done so well with it. Also, in the morning when I’m getting ready and she wakes up DH just crawls in to bed with her and snuggles for a few minutes to let me finish getting ready. I love our new rutines with it. 
  • When do you think you will start TTC? May/June 2018. Still waiting to hear back about the jobs I applied for, so if I’m starting a new job next year we might delay a month or 2 so that the earliest possible due date would be closer to the end of next school year.

Any R/R? Yesterday was a long day for me - my new grad class for this semester started last night and is scheduled 7:20-10pm. I was hoping to get out early, but no luck. Didn’t get home til 11 and had to wake up at 5:45 for work! Where’s the weekend at??

Yes, creamy Jif is the only way to go. I like it on sandwiches mostly, English muffins, sometimes with fruit (apples, bananas)
  • @meggyme I’m sure talking to your doctor about TTC makes it seem much more real! I haven’t mentioned it to anyone other than H and you ladies. I normally go to the OB/Gyn in June, which is right when we’re planning to start trying, so I’m looking forward to talking to a professional about it! 
  • @JLaVO888 LO is almost two (she'll turn two Feb 8th) but I'm waiting because we need to move my husband's desk out of her room and into the living room, and when we do that I want to replace it with a crib for next LO, but still waiting on the next pregnancy to take. Maybe I'll just move the desk and leave that space empty for now. Not sure!
  • @maureenmce our kiddos are pretty much the same age. DD turns two March 16th. Two years really does fly!!
  • Has anyone ever had the nexplanon and ended up with 2 back to back periods? I had my period all last week, a few days in the clear and yesterday started a second full fledged period! If this keeps up I might be getting it out sooner than later and use condoms.
  • @JLaVO888 It really does fly, it's crazy! We had her 2nd birthday party a couple weeks early because my Feb work schedule was crazy and I, and everyone else at the party, felt like we had *just* celebrated her first birthday. I feel like the first year kind of went at a reasonable pace but the second has FLOWN. 
  • @maureenmce @JLaVO888 it really does fly. My LO is 19m and the last 7 months just vanished!
  • I had Nexplanon for two implants, but never had that happen! I think in the six years I had it, I only had about six periods. I'd honestly ask your doctor if that's something to be expected and go from there.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020