August 2018 Moms
Options

Any Etsy mamas?

I have worked full time for years and really enjoy my job but we are exploring some options because of what daycare would be after our 3rd babe arrives this summer. It just may not be worth it for me to work if I can eliminate the daycare cost but still bring in some income. I wondered if any mamas out there have pursued making and selling on Etsy and if so, has it been successful enough for you to contribute each month? I have had some pretty good luck making signs and selling them locally so I am considering branching out to Etsy! Any thoughts are welcomed. :smile:
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Any Etsy mamas?

• Options
    My mom sells on etsy and eBay and she loves it. It can be really up and down so I wouldn't consider it reliable initially until you really get going and have a product that sells well. I love etsy and I shop there often. Good luck mama!
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    I love shopping on Etsy. Does that count?  :p

I've often though about knitting things to sell, but who am I kidding. I can't even finish a baby blanket I started for myself in May 2017. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Etsy is probably my favorite online shopping. I love it. Lol. But I’m not creative. So I stick to buying. 
  • Options
    Yup add me to the buy all of the things on etsy club. I used to have a cricut and I made shirts but I never went etsy pro. Definitely thought about it, though!

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'm another "buy all things on Etsy" person.  I think the trick to being able to sell profitably is for whatever you make to ship really cheap or to have the download and print option. 

That said, I've also purchased some really fancy artwork internationally on there, so if you're talented enough people will pay the shipping. 
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am hoping to *maybe* find some time pre-baby to give it a go so I can get a feel for what it might be like. So hard to decide!!!
  • Options
    I have(had?) a shop. I sold crocheted and knitted hotpad and dish rag sets. 5 hotpads with 3-4 different dish rags as a set for $20. I couldn't keep up with demand, so I closed down/quit listing items. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    That's a bummer that you had to close up shop but good to know that they were so well liked!