January 2018 Moms

UO/FFFC - January Edition

Our board has gotten real slow and I always liked these threads!  Share away yall!

Re: UO/FFFC - January Edition

• @egirl1025 I totally understand!  I do both but this I can have up at work and FB I can't so I would rather this continue some too!  I was hoping some would check back in periodically, but I know we have had a lot of births recently so I get the business everyone is going through too.

FFC:  I totally lurk the other BMBs daily and there are some great finds out there!  August is shaping up to be a crazy board too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don’t have an uo/fffc but that makes so much since everyone is on Facebook. I usually just read post, and assumed people just were busy with newborns! 
  • I miss the board too. I don’t do FB groups bc I like the anonymity of the Bump, but I was looking forward to reading everyone’s birth stories. Hopefully the others come back to update!
    DD1: 2/28/12
    DD2: 9/12/13
    Baby #3: Due January 2018

• Hi ladies! It’s definitely been more active on FB... I’m sure a lot of ladies will come back with updates on births. A lot of us have been having problems with the app being super slow, which is why we’ve switched to FB. It takes me sooo much longer to do anything on the app lately that I’ve been avoiding it. 
  • missblazemissblaze member
    edited January 2018
    Honestly most of my time has been taken up by my newborn lol. I'm on FB a lot, but mostly just to post pictures of said newborn. ETA: Half my post disappeared.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Honestly. I’m still pregnant and grumpy. Soooo. Yeah. I don’t think anyone wants to talk to me right now. I don’t even want to talk to me. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • UGH this app and desktop! This is the first time I've been able to get on here and love tit in days. Both keep logging me out.
  • I feel like my app has been hacked... Every so often it will switch over to the mobile browser and then show that I have won some Amazon thingy... Extremely annoying!!
  • @egirl1025 I've been getting the Amazon thing too! I just give up for a bit when I do. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FFC:  Forgot to eat breakfast this morning...didn't even think about it until I got to work.  Luckily my coworker gave me some chocolate hazelnut oreos yesterday so that's my breakfast  :D
    Also can't decide if I was actually having super intense BH last night or just dreamed it.  And I keep having the conversation with myself that depending on how progress looks Friday I'll either get my shit together quickly or not feel that bad about procrastinating (and hopefully still get my shit together because seriously it's crunch time and could happen at any moment) if there isn't any progress...what is wrong with me!?  It's like I haven't realized this could happen ANYTIME NOW
  • FFFC: I have been having major SPD, to the point that tears are streaming down my face when I walk or roll over in bed. I’m only 37 weeks on Monday and thinking of trying all the old wives tales. I can’t stop working until this baby is coming. 

Also, bump has not been my friend lately either.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't even know there was a FB, I was wondering about the lack of interaction here. I would love some more of that to be honest. It's why I am here, when I can.

Just like @supercoolstephy I am still preggo and grumpy, though, so there is that... My lack of energy mostly comes from the contractions I've been having since Christmas weekend. The suckers don't do much at all in terms of progress, so I am exhausted for nothing.

Possibly UO: Raspberry Leaf Tea is crap and doesn't do a thing.
    For me, whenever I had a cup or two or so, my contractions would actually go away instead of do anything, so I am disenchanted there. Heard good things about it, but um... I don't believe in it at all now.
    DS 7/13
    MC 2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really miss the board as well!! I hope everyone on FB still updates the birth thread on here :-) 
  • Ditto on missing this board. I check it daily hopeful for some interaction but usually nothing is going on. It’s so sad!! I expected more postpartum threads :( 
  • Well I tried to start one but didn't go too well. Why don't you start one on a topic you want to see?
  • UO:  actually probably not unpopular but after bing off work for 5 days I'm slightly sad I'm back at work, but I also still don't think I can manage being a SAHM because I literally did nothing but go to the grocery store or watch netflix for those 5 days and I went to the grocery store or target or something similar multiple days...Maybe it would be different with a kid but I still think I would lose it and I have no idea what I'm going to do on maternity leave once we get on a semi schedule and I'm not a zombie.
  • I have to agree with you @conineml maternity leave is a tad on the boring side.  Plus it is a constant guessing game about what is the right thing to do for your baby.  I definitely do not have what it takes to be a stay at home mom.  Also depending on how long you are on maternity leave for, I did six weeks last time and I just had the whole thing down just in time to go back to work.  I have eight weeks this time, so maybe the extra two will be time to actually have some fun... Lol.  
  • I'm still knocked up. FML. c-section is scheduled for Monday so I can give a very non exciting planned c-section birth story. haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm sooooooo bored. I read an entire book in 4 days. But I'm also so tired, glad to not be st work yet and able to nap in the afternoon
  • Also bored. On the plus side, my house is extra clean because there’s only so much sitting around watching shows I can do in one day. DH went out to lunch with a friend today and I was SO jealous. At least he took the toddler with him. Having a baby around flu season kinda sucks when you can’t get out much. We have to go back to the hospital tomorrow for a PKU test so yayyyy! 
  • @sbishop426 PKU test?  What is that for?  Yeah not getting out much blows... And that we have to look forward to doctor visits is just sad.
  • @egirl1025 it tests for metabolic issues (and probably some other things too). It’s also called a newborn screening. The first was done in the hospital and the next is done at 8-14 days old. Might be a state thing- Texas keeps a registry of it 
  • Oh!  Yeah Wisconsin did that too, but only the initial 24 hour screening.
  • mindaamindaa member
    edited January 2018
    ^^ seriously, its so sad to look forward to Dr. visits. 

I'm a week pp and still kind of enjoying an excuse to just read and watch TV, especially since I'm still so tired. We've started going for a little daily walk, which helps. But I do remember last time at around 2-3 weeks going completely stir crazy, once I felt better. Guess I'm going to have to get brave and get out for some 2 kid outings.
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• I agree, it’s so hard to have babe during flu season! Especially since the vaccine was not super effective this year. I wanted to get out right away but pediatrician said preferably no public places for 1-2 months other than family members homes ughhhhh. Not that that is set in stone or a must but probably a good idea if possible for the time being. 
  • I’m not sure where to put this but is it too late to joint the Facebook group? i haven’t used Facebook groups before really... not sure how they work. And I tried scrolling to find the Facebook group request thread it must be wayyyy back there though. Admins? Help?
  • I think @schaze was one of the admins...