August 2018 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight 1/22: Diaper Bags!

2»

Re: Product Spotlight 1/22: Diaper Bags!

• Options
    I have (and love) the jujube BFF backpack. It’s awesome, lots of space, easy to keep organized, hands free carrying, washable, lots of pockets, and comes in some super cute prints. I purchased mine at Buy buy baby using the 20%off coupon but I think they are $150-180.

With my first I had several different bags and I can say with confidence do not buy a coach diaper bag. Everything got lost in it and it was so heavy empty, so when you pack it full of baby’s stuff it gets super heavy. I also had a jj cole bag and a skip hop, with the skip hop being my favorite then (jjb is definitely my favorite now)
    Married: August 2007
    DD1: Oct 2012
    DD2: Sept 2016
    DC3: Due August 2018
  • Options
    I registered for a Jeep diaper bag and was also given two more as gits. I don't love any of them, but I HATE the Jeep one. I got it because it's a backpack style and I thought that because SO loves jeeps, it would be cute. The zippers broke, and it isn't very comfy. He ends up using a nice North Face backpack that he has for day hiking and I either just throw a few things under the stroller or in whatever small bag I'm planning to carry. We kind of like the Vera Bradley bag that we were gifted and use it on longer trips. But, I wouldn't spend the money on it. Any bag that you're already comfortable with that has lots of pockets is easier. And, it's nice to have variety of sizes for various kinds of outings. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m a diaper bag whore. I’ve had like 5 I believe since having both boys. From my experience none will completely fit the bill. But I think they are getting made better and better and more “not so diaper bag looking” I hate JuJuBees and Vera Bradley’s for this reason.

Ive had a Skip Hop, a nice black one, I’ve actually had two but the first I used mainly as a computer bag.

Then a Stork bag, love a lot of their designs but they can be spendy and heavy.

Right now i mainly use my Marc jacobs and honest diaper back pack. I really want a lily jade but shelling out $350 is a lot. If I had known I’d get pregnant with this 3rd baby I would have bought one last year! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have the Fisher Price diaper bag. It’s redesigned since we got ours, and I’m tempted to get the new one. It’s inexpensive and the best thing is that it has a place to dispense wipes on the outside. The only thing I’m not a fan of is that it has a huge space inside and it’s easy to lose things in it.

I personally like being prepared for anything. And we cloth diaper, so you need more space for those and the wet bag. But I also keep a change of clothes, snacks, water, toys, chapstick and lotion for myself, etc. I only carry a small bag for myself with my phone and license/cards in. And I like having a backpack so it doesn’t get in the way. It only sucks when it’s a hot day. back sweat. Ugh.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Definitely in the minority here: If you like fancy bags, have fun picking out one or two nice diaper bags. If you don’t really care (like me) or want to save $$, use a larger bag or backpack you own and spend $10 on a changing pad. I bought a 31 zipper bag that fit a couple cloth or disposable diapers, cloth or disposable wipes, my wet bag, small tube of rash cream, and a change of clothes for DS. It fit in my purse, and I could give it to DH if he was taking DS somewhere. When we had someone watching DS all day or overnight, I packed everything in one of our Eddie Bauer backpacks. I put pre-made BM bottles in a soft cooler that fit in the backpack. 
  • Options
    I love my Lilly jade diaper bag. It’s leather, can be a backpack and is going to last forever. It doesn’t look like a diaper bag. Def a splurge but worth it
  • Options
    I use my old backpack from college. We cloth diaper and will have 2-5 diapers plus the wetbag, in addition to extra clothes, the ezpz mat (in a wetbag), sippy cup, toys, snacks, my wallet, snacks for me. 

I really recommend wet bags to everyone, even if you don’t cloth diaper. They are great for used travel dishes/utensils and dirty clothes. They are a great addition to diaper bags and fold down small. 
  • Options
    Totally agree with @bellamy9 on the wet bags. I cloth diapered for almost 2 years but even after I stopped we still used the wet bags for literally all of the things. 

August 18 Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Also agree with @bellamy9 on the wet bags. I still use the 3 wet bags from CD’ing DS, and he potty trained 5 years ago. One hangs under my sink for dirty dishcloths. Another hangs in my laundry room for dirty cleaning rags.

The 3rd stays in my car with a dry change of clothes for DS. The idea is when DS ends up covered in mud or soaked while we’re out & about, I can put the wet/muddy clothes in the wet bag and change him into the dry ones. We’ve used it several times, like the day DS’s drive-they drink lid came off and soaked him in the car. 
  • Options
    melprop said:
    The 3rd stays in my car with a dry change of clothes for DS. The idea is when DS ends up covered in mud or soaked while we’re out & about, I can put the wet/muddy clothes in the wet bag and change him into the dry ones. We’ve used it several times, like the day DS’s drive-they drink lid came off and soaked him in the car. 
    We keep a wetbag in the car as a “sick kit” after DS got sick in his car seat. We always have a wetbag on us so we were semi prepared but we could have used extra clothes and some coffee grounds that day. Now we have a designated wet bag packed with wipes, clothes, a bag of coffee grounds, and a swaddle. 
  • Options
    I just ordered a grey Freshly Picked Diaper Bag - so excited!

• Options
    bellamy9 said:
    melprop said:
    We keep a wetbag in the car as a “sick kit” after DS got sick in his car seat. We always have a wetbag on us so we were semi prepared but we could have used extra clothes and some coffee grounds that day. Now we have a designated wet bag packed with wipes, clothes, a bag of coffee grounds, and a swaddle. 
    What are the coffee grounds for?
  • Options
    bellamy9 said:
    melprop said:
    What are the coffee grounds for?
    I was wondering this, too, but thought I was just supposed to know and felt dumb :lol:
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I was guessing to cover up smell?
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Dry coffee grounds can help soak up liquid & deodorize. 
  • Options
    +1 for backpack-style bags! I had a regular diaper bag for DS and it was such a pain. It came with a changing pad which is totally pointless since I ended up just throwing down a blanket. My MIL ordered us a backpack from LKS Collective that has all these ads on Facebook. Seems pretty sweet! It has tons of compartments, one of which is insulated. 
  • Options
    I just ordered a JuJuBe BFF from Nordstrom. I love their return/exchange policy so I will check the bag out and see if I want to keep it. They typically go for $180 but they had the one I got on sale for $137 and I had some gift cards to use so I got it for just over $100 and after reading many reviews, I am hoping it will be worth it! 
    If anyone is interested, this is the one I got: 
    https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ju-ju-be-bff-onyx-collection-diaper-bag/4353066

But they have this one on Amazon on sale too:
    https://www.amazon.com/Ju-Ju-Be-Legacy-Collection-Convertible-Versailles/dp/B01N1S80XN/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1516977900&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=jujube+bff&th=1

And Nordstrom will do a price match if you prefer to buy from there. Nordstrom have a wonderful returns policy so I am pretty excited! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love jujubes patterns. I have a black and white striped one and a grey and silver chevron. Feels more grown up 

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I’ll be a STM but all of these reviews have absolutely convinced me to convert to a back pack! I’ve had two skip hops bags (one smaller, one for multiple kids bc we cloth diapered) and I don’t really like either of them. On the large one, the outside pockets were really useful, but it had a huge inside pouch that I found overwhelming and I couldn’t keep track of anything. DH and I each have nice Northface backpacks that we use for travel/work so I’m thinking of converting mine that I don’t use anymore. The crossbody is just way too much to carry when out and about, especially if you have a lot of stuff. We never have enough hands or space. 
  • Options

JuJuBe BFF on sale for $91 in case anyone is on the hunt for one of these. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 and @lalala2004 the coffee grounds are for the smell. My SIL swears by it but I haven’t had to try them out yet. I’m a wuss when it comes to throw up, so I need help where I can get it. I feel like it may end up ruining coffee for me though, but if I’m alone next time DS gets sick in his car seat then I will be desperate enough to try it. Hopefully he doesn’t again, but he’s a kid so I’m sure it just comes with the territory. 
  • Options
    When DS was born I literally went through like 8 or 9 different diaper bags trying to find one that worked perfectly, wasn't uncomfortable to carry, fit in our stroller well, and let me be as organized as I wanted to be. After returning the last one, I decided to splurge and get a Lily Jade. At this point my son was over a year old, so I got the canvas Madeline with leather trim because it wasn't going to be needed quite as much, and it was on sale as well, so it was less than $200. I'm SO damn glad I did. I switch bags occasionally when I want to bring a smaller bag somewhere, but usually it's still my main bag and I'm for sure planning on upgrading to a full leather one before this baby comes. 

This is the one I have.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

• Options
    @elsieisamoocow That one looks appealing... is it sold anywhere in stores so I could check it out in-person?

Amazon has been advertising me some intriguing looking bags. I hate the bag I have now, it's too big and bulky, so I am leaning towards a backpack but still open to ideas. 
  • Options
    @fishee333 hmm I actually think it's online only as far as I know
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!