Adoption
Options

October - I was adopted / fostered

Were you adopted or were you in foster care? If so, please tell us more about you and your experiences. 

-Were you adopted, in foster care?

-At what age were you adopted / fostered?

-Do you have contact with your birth family?

-What kind of contact?

-How did you handle knowing you were placed in to a foster home or adoption?

-Any tips from your experience?

-What was your experience, overall?

-Any questions?

-Anything else to add?

Me:28 | DH: 28
Married: 07-2014
TTC #1: Since November 2015
Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
     due to previous issues.
***TW***
BFP: 11/4/2016
*TW*
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: October - I was adopted / fostered

• Options

-Were you adopted, in foster care? I was in foster care and then adopted

-At what age were you adopted / fostered? Just before my 7th birthday

-Do you have contact with your birth family? Some of them (father, paternal grandparents & paternal aunt)

-What kind of contact? Father - letters / grandparents - letters and phone calls / aunt - mostly chat on FB

-How did you handle knowing you were placed in to a foster home or adoption? When I was placed I was an infant so I didn't know until I was older what happened and why. I guess I handled it as well as any child would have. It was hard at first for sure but I know it was for the best and it just means I had that many more people who loved me :)

-Any tips from your experience? Be patient. It all takes time to adjust. Especially for the child(ren). Take the time to sit with them and answer any questions they may have - no matter how hard or akward. I am eternally thankful my parents did this with me and it really helped the transition and the low points during the first couple years during / after the adoption.

-What was your experience, overall? Overall it was a good experience. 

-Any questions? Nope

-Anything else to add? I am an open book when it comes to my past / adoption / etc and I am willing to share any insight I can (from the child's perspective) so feel free to ask anything.

Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    As a birth mother I would like to ask: I want to know if my child will feel feelings of hate towards me... I honestly just want what is best for her and am too poor to support her every need... I want her to have a better life and a solid education. Adoption offers that and friends of my family who can't have children have agreed to adopt her... Do you think she will hate me someday for just wanting the best for her? I am young, 21 years old, and single. The father left me after finding out and left me all alone... I don't want her to feel like I didn't love her because I tell her every day I love her and have eaten right and done everything right in the short time I get to actually be her mommy... But I'm sad, and wavering in my choice to put her up for adoption even though it's what is best for her..