February 2018 Moms
Options

EDD Feb. 25 - Mar. 3 // 35 wks // Wk of Jan. 21

1) When is your due date?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?

Re: EDD Feb. 25 - Mar. 3 // 35 wks // Wk of Jan. 21

• Options
    alice0218alice0218 member
    edited January 2018
    Feb. 25
    2) How are you feeling?
    Heartburn is honestly not as bad this week! Which is great and the first time all pregnancy! And I got relief from the constipation (knock on wood) so this week I've been feeling tons better than last actually. Unfortunately I'm out of my heartburn medicine and it's mail-order and won't come for 10 days. Bad planning and I'm kinda nervous about that.
    Thursday I have an ultrasound for growth and an infant CPR class at a hospital.
    Eh, I got a lot of stuff washed so that's good. Still don't have too much space for everything and have to do some organizing. My mom and I came up with a list of deep cleaning stuff for around the house and cooking stuff we want to do before the baby and she's coming over every Tuesday until the baby comes to help me tackle that stuff. 
    Not especially. Actually, edit: rant is one new bill came that’s super fun. I had a transvaginal ultrasound that we owe almost $700 of. Insurance didn’t pay any of it, but brought the price down from $1430. It was to rule out something high risk so it wasn’t really optional. :'(  wondering if i can cancel my growth scan this Thursday now...
    6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?
    Only my husband and doula are invited to the hospital during L&D. Parents and SIL can come visit after birth, any needed rest, and breastfeeding is established. I plan to labor as long as possible at home first so I told my mom she can be at our house during that, but not come to the hospital until we say it's ok. For visits afterward, I think no kids. I would like any visiting adults to have flu shot and t-dap ideally but IDK how I will enforce that. At least they have to wash their hands with soap. Also I don't want anyone who smokes to hold the baby unless they have clean clothes on that they haven't smoked in. I've just heard babies can get sick from that. IDK how good I will be at enforcing this but that is what I want. I just don't want the baby getting sick because it's so much riskier when newborns get sick, not to mention, I really don't need more medical bills!
  • Options

1) When is your due date? the 28th

2) How are you feeling? very very VERY pregnant and done

3) Any appointments this week? not till next week 

4) How are baby preparations going? Pretty much ready

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home? Just my hubby for labor and delivery!! We’re open to whoever once were in the mommy baby room! My inlaws will come visit after about a week at home!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    alice0218 said:

2/25

2) How are you feeling? 

Pregnant and done! Feeling fat and tired. Hard to think I still have at least another month left to get bigger!!

Next week. The 36 week appointment with the group b test

My list is never ending. Slowly getting there. Washing clothes and car seat. But my 2 year old is just undoing all my hard work.

Just done and tired.

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home? Just the hubby and doula 

• Options

2/27

2) How are you feeling?

Constantly tired. 

Routine appt on Thursday that includes my GBS swab

We had our shower this past weekend so the house is full of stuff waiting to be organized and put away but can’t be done until the new carpets go in the nursery this week. The house is frozen in a state of “almost there, but not quite yet.” This is my last week of work and I can’t wait to be home to scrub and organize the house the way I want before LOs arrival.

My MIL told her sister the baby’s name. We told both of our parents the name but everyone else gets to find out once he’s out. So imagine my annoyance to find a card from dear ole auntie adddressed to “baby William” at my shower. Thankfully DH caught it and hid it in the car before it was with all the gifts for everyone to see. 

The worst part was that my MIL didn’t even apologize, just got defensive when DH told her that next time they don’t get to know the name. I believe her words were something along the lines of “Fine, then don’t ask me for any help with him.” I totally understand that slips happen, but at least freaking tell the aunt she’s not supposed to know! Or pretend to be sorry when you’re caught!  

DH only for delivery, probably for the labor as well. I haven’t totally ruled out my mother being in for some of the labor, but we’ll see how it goes. Regardless, I don’t want to even tell the parents on both sides that I’m in labor til we’ve gotten to the hospital and have an idea of how far along things are and what the game plan is. 

As far as guests after the baby is born, for now I don’t want anyone except our parents/siblings in the hospital. This could change depending how I feel.  

My only rule for visitors when I’m home is if you’re sick or recently getting over something then you’re a no go until that’s gone. DH is prepared to be the bouncer for anyone not following the rules or overstaying their welcome.

• Options
    @kristinl492 ugh! I would be so annoyed about that with MIL too! At first we wanted to keep our name secret just for us to know but then we were too excited and started telling anyone who asked after about a week. But if we had kept the secret and told only a few VIPs i would be mad too if they told. That’s your special secret to reveal, not hers!
  • Options
    alice0218 said:
    @kristinl492 ugh! I would be so annoyed about that with MIL too! At first we wanted to keep our name secret just for us to know but then we were too excited and started telling anyone who asked after about a week. But if we had kept the secret and told only a few VIPs i would be mad too if they told. That’s your special secret to reveal, not hers!
    She could have at least used common sense and told her sister that she wasn’t supposed to know. Then we would’ve never had to know that she spilled the beans. Now I just wonder who else she told (my money is on her other sister). So frustrating! It might sound petty but it’s our choice. I told DH to be VERY clear with her on posting so much as a hint that I’m in labor to FB or even telling anyone til we’re ready. 
  • Options

1) When is your due date? Feb 27th--but I will for sure be induced a week before.

2) How are you feeling?  Crabbbbyyy.  I have to use my essential oils every day so I am not a bear.  Being tired and uncomfortable sucks. 

3) Any appointments this week? Not this week---next. 

4) How are baby preparations going? Good.  I still haven't completely packed my bag.  Last night, I had some BH and almost got up to finish packing. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Just getting tired of the commentary about "popping" and "holy cow, you still have a way to go".  STFU people!! 

Last time, it was just DH and myself.  My mom, MIL, FIL, and SIL were in the waiting room.  They popped in during labor.  I am so grateful for my SIL, because she was totally my advocate when my L&D Nurse sucked.  After DS was born--I remember everyone being in the room.  I didn't like that--and I will make sure the nurses know to wait a lot time before letting people in.  I would like DS to be the first to meet his brother, but we shall see. 

• Options

February 25

2) How are you feeling?

Been feeling super emotional lately. I went my entire pregnancy with barely any mood swings, etc. My best friend even commented how I was never really emotional/tearful/moody like my other friends who are pregnant have been. But the past week or so I've just been on a rollercoaster, crying and feeling really down. Increased Braxton Hicks but they're tolerable. Trouble sleeping because I can't get comfortable but I've been taking naps and sleeping late ( I work evenings). Starting to get kind of tired of being pregnant, but also excited to be nearing the end so I can meet my baby.

I missed my appointment today because I thought it was at 10:45 but it was at 9:45. The OB scheduler was so rude I was in tears and they couldn't fit me in anywhere so I have to wait til my appointment next Wednesday now. 

Our room is set up for baby (we live in a one bedroom condo). I've just been washing baby clothes and cleaning anything and everything, getting organized. Hospital bag is mostly packed except for some things that have to go in last minute. 

Just tired of working, my last day is February 2nd so I'm almost done. I'm just still annoyed with how the OB scheduler acted on the phone about me missing my appointment. Like, I can't possibly be the only pregnant woman who has spaced out and missed an appointment. And she hung up on me which was totally unprofessional. Good thing I love my doctor.

My boyfriend will be with me the whole time but I also asked my mom to be there for support during labor. I told her I just want it to be me and my boyfriend when I am actively delivering, and for us to have some time alone with baby when she's first born. Then I'm open to close family and friends visiting at the hospital and home. No real restrictions, just making sure everyone's hands are clean and no one is sick. I can't wait to share our new little one with everyone we know lol.