Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS w/o 1/15

*This is a check-in for those with babies/children at home. If you are having a hard TTC day or TTCAL day this post may mention children or issues specifically related to parenting or babies. Pregnancy may also be mentioned. Please feel free to lurk at your own discretion.***

What number are you trying for?

Cycle/Month?

WTO/TWW?

Ages of other child(ren)?

Any thoughts about this cycle?

Any questions?

Rant/Rave/Brag

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of?

Re: TFAS w/o 1/15

• What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? TWW

Ages of other child(ren)? 2

Any thoughts about this cycle?I have no clue. 

Any questions? Not today.

Rant/Rave/Brag Annual GYN appointment tomorrow. I’m nervous because last year my PAP was abnormal, but negative for HPV. They told me not to worry, but of course I did. They also told me it was probably irritation from sex, so I made DH stay away for the past week.

GTKY: Law and Order SVU, Boy Meets World, How I Met Your Mother, OITNB, Full House

• @cdepperschmidt good luck tomorrow!! I’m overdue for one myself. 

What number are you trying for? 2

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Any thoughts about this cycle? Last one was longer than usual, hopefully this one is a normal 28 days. 

Any questions? Nope

Rant/Rave/Brag speech therapy odyssey is ongoing. It hurts me to hear how far behind he is— and he still has to do 2 more evaluations for another program next week (timing is weird and we’re going to be doing 3 different programs at once because of availability).

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? GOT, parks & rec, Westworld, dexter.. prob a few more but my brain is mush tonight 

SaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • @cdepperschmidt good luck today, my last one they didn’t get enough of a sample, I thought I was going to have to go back and do another one, but luckily they can test it a different way and just charged my insurance more lol

@flyingmombula that seems like a lot of therapy at once, I hope they’ll be able to help your DS. It’s so hard when they can’t communicate with us!

Cycle/Month? 5/6

WTO/TWW? WTO

Any thoughts about this cycle? How do you TFAS when the first one doesn’t sleep!?! Maybe this belongs in the rant section :) not feeling good about this cycle and I haven’t even ovulated yet 

Any questions? Anyone want to sleep train my child for me? Lol

Rant/Rave/Brag I think I did enough ranting above. Rave - I’ve taught my DD how to say I love you, it’s so cute! 

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? Way too many, we are tv junkies in the winter - Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, breaking bad, Lost, How I met your mother, Big Bang theory, Downtown Abbey, Friends - those are just a few of my faves.

• kristah2kristah2 member
    edited January 2018
    @cdepperschmidt try not to worry too much (easier said then done). I commonly get abnormal paps and it sucks.
    @flyingmombula fx for a shorter cycle for you this month
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I didn't sleep train DS but I have heard really good things about the sleep sense program. I have the e-book if you want it!

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO (i think)

Ages of other child(ren)? 14 mths

Any thoughts about this cycle? O doesn't know what it wants to do so I'm annoyed but trying to keep HIO anyway,

Any questions? not yet

Rant/Rave/Brag DS still refusing to walk. I need to call the public health nurse back today as his feet are turning out pretty bad. AND I think I'm sick again.

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? Greys, Dexter, Friends, PLL, Gossip Girl, GIlmore Girls, White Collar,  more but they aren't coming to me right now!

Edit: posted too early.

• @flyingmombula I forgot about Dexter! It’s so good that your starting speech early so early! I know it’s hard, but hopefully soon you’ll see progress! 

@nmbrcrnchr1 DS doesn’t sleep either. I feel your pain.

Cycle/Month? 2/2

WTO/TWW? WTO - CD1

Ages of other child(ren)? 15 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Last cycle was my 2nd post partum period and then my longest cycle of my life. So I'm trying to figure out how to predict ovulation this cycle. Last month my OPK, CM and BBT all showed different ovulation days. 

Any questions? How does BBT work when I wake up at different times every day. My daughter wakes me up anywhere between 4am and 8am. It's so unpredictable. I don't really want to set a 4am alarm to temp.

Rant/Rave/Brag Everyone in my house is sick and I'm over it. We've been sick on and off for months. Thanks daycare for the immune system boost. 

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, Friends, Alias, House, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, probably so many more.

• @cdepperschmidt I hope your exam tomorrow goes well and gets normal results! 

@flyingmombula It's good to see that you have him in Speech so young though - it's amazing how many parents deny there is an issue and wait way too long to get their kids in. He's still young so has lots of time to catch up and will likely do well since you are starting so early!

@nmbrcrnchr1 I do not miss the days of my kids not sleeping - it is definitely the one thing that makes me question our decision to have a third! Neither of my kids were great sleepers the first few years and thinking of doing that again and being this much older is a bit scary!

@kristah2 He's still well within normal for not walking at 14 months! Definitely worth following up if you think there is an issue but as far as the averages for development I wouldn't worry too much yet.

@brookepdavis For some people different times don't make as huge of a difference as having a solid chunk of sleep first but for a lot of people the time does need to be relatively consistent to get good results. I always set my alarm for the earliest time I wake up - take my temp quick and roll over and go back to sleep and then track it in the morning so it's not very disruptive. It sucks waking up when you don't have to but it does produce a way more informative chart!

What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? 11/11

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(red)? 7, almost 4 (in a month)

Any thoughts about this cycle? Nope - I am missing the beginning of my FW while on a work trip so that sucks, and next month I miss my entire FW while away on a work trip but I'm ok with that as next month I will be doing the day 3/21 testing to start the process of figuring out why we aren't getting pregnant so at least I'll feel like the cycle wasn't totally useless.

Any questions? Nope.

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? Grey's Anatomy, Friends, Jane the Virgin, Outlander, OITNB, and probably more than a few others that I'm forgetting!

Pregnancy Ticker

• @nmbrcrnchr1 I’m trying to look at it as a kind of speech preschool. We’re going to give it a good try for a few weeks but be wary of any burnout! & I feel you, my kid doesn’t sleep either. 

@cdepperschmidt thanks for saying so! He’s been doing EI since 19 months and everyone told me I was crazy. I’m hoping to avoid behavior issues that stem from frustration with communicating.

@brookepdavis fx everyone starts feeling better soon!

@elothair thanks, I hope you’re right. Sorry you are missing your FWs, that sucks. 

SaveSave
  • @elothair I wish I could temp like that. I am terrible at going back to sleep after I wake up. I might try temping whenever I wake up for a while and make that a last resort. 

• @mytrueloves awww that sounds so awesome/ romantic! I don’t blame you for wanting to talk about it constantly, I would too! 

SaveSave
  • @mytrueloves Your wedding sounds amazing!! When is it? 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Happy to have this space! Hi guys! Also I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with BBT at various times during the night. Molars can go straight to hell, k thx bye.

Cycle/Month? 1/1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 12 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? I mentioned in WTO yesterday I think, but H will probably be gone for a work trip during FW this month. It's totally fine by me because I'm actually terrified to start TFAS, as much as my ovaries splode at the thought of another newborn. Anyone else feeing this way?

Any questions? Not really.

Rant/Rave/Brag: Rant: we need cabinet locks installed in our house like yesterday. #tinyterror. Brag, sorta: We went motrin-free last night! I've been giving my son pep talks before bed (as if they really help) and last night I told him I'd wait ten minutes before coming in to get him to see if he would go back to sleep on his own. He did, twice! Way better than sharing my bed with a restless teether and nursing him thrice during the night. Which I KNOW he doesn't need.

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? Jane the Virgin, with the exception of the current season, The Good Place, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Firefly, and I'm sure some others I'm forgetting.

Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • What number are you trying for? 3

Cycle/Month? Benched waiting for 6, 11 months

WTO/TWW? Benched

Ages of other child(ren)? DD is 6 DS is almost 5

Any thoughts about this cycle? It blows

Any questions? No

Rant/Rave/Brag. Dd's handwriting has been really concerning me, so when they offered conferences, I scheduled.  She brought home something the other day, completely legible, I was really proud, on the other hand, annoyed at my late.evening conference, that I don't see the point in going (her teachers are oblivious to her ASD needs, and academically, she is doing really well. Plus  I am in the middle of scheduling stuff with the special ed teacher, so really, I was going about her writing issues). Well, today was a snow day and now the conference was cancelled, it is a little sad how happy this makes me.  DS played with 2 little boys almost the entire time we went to playgroup last week.

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? Seinfeld, Friends, curb your enthusiasm, game of thrones, arrested development.

• @cdepperschmidt, hope your appointment went well!
    @flyingmombula, if you don't mind me asking, how far behind is his speech?  DS was really behind, it was hard to here those numbers.  He is doing amazing now, if you have any questions or want to vent, I am here for you.
    @nmbrcrnchr1, plop them safely in front of the TV, and hurry.
    @brookepdavis, like PP said, some people can temp well with different wake up times and interruptions, I never had an issue with getting CH, I may have questioned O date by a day or two, but FF always showed an O.  Hope everyone feels well soon.
  • @holly321 that’s awesome!! Thank you. He’s at least at a half age delay but I’ll know more on Monday when I get his most recent evaluation. 

SaveSave
  • @flyingmombula, is he delayed in anything else than speech?  Not sure if it helps, but at 30 months, DS was 17 months expressive, and 9 months receptive.  He has come so far.  He talks in sentences, he tells stories.  He does still use some words incorrectly, but he can generally make his point.    Good luck Monday.
  • @holly321 that does help, thank you <3 
    they don’t have any concerns with his cognitive abilities but he’s going to get OT with his speech to help with low tone in his oral muscles. He might also have a delay with some fine motor skills but he’s on track for everything else. Late talking seems to run in DH’s family so it’s not a big surprise but I can’t help but be worried. 

SaveSave
  • @mytrueloves @elothair @holly321 thanks! My appointment was good, now I just have to wait for the results.

@mytrueloves so exciting you’re off the bench! Best wishes with your donor!

@PensiveCrayon my baby fever is legit too! It’s so bad I’ve day dreamed about twins.
  • mytruelovesmytrueloves member
    edited January 2018

Whelothair said:

@mytrueloves Your wedding sounds amazing!! When is it? 

November 11! Df insisted on the date. He's got a thing about numbers lol
    Ladybug - April 2013
    Dandelion - October 2018
    Angel "Aurora" - July 2020
    Angel "Sawyer" - May 2021
    Angel "Maxine" - January 2022
    Angel "Violet" - March 2022
    Baby Dove due March 2023
  • Oh @holly321 my heart breaks for your poor little guy. I'm so glad he had the courage to ask and it sounds like he's feeling better already. I'm glad you could talk to him and reassure him that you're ok now. Also, so sorry to hear about your brother & molar miscarriage. My family has a lot of mental health issues on the whole and we've all been in therapy at some point. It sounds like you handled it the best way you could-- never an easy conversation. Hugs to you. Also I will keep that in the back of my mind about the adenoids! My LO doesn't drool but he does gag/ vomit on certain textures. He's had 2 ear infections so far, but I had to have tubes when I was 2 so I wonder if there's something genetic going on with the way everything's structured. Thanks for your reply! <3

SaveSave
  • @holly321 oh my...I can’t even imagine...there are not words but...I am so sorry. I’m glad he was able to communicate with you about his concerns but I can’t imagine having that conversation with my child. You family is in my thoughts and prayers for all you have been through.
  • @holly321 I’m sorry! I’m sure all of that is very stressful!
  • @holly321 That is so terrible about your son being worried for these past few months. Please don't feel bad about it though. There's no way you could have known that he was having these thoughts. He seems like a very smart boy to be able to pick up on all those things and get worried about it. I know hard it is to not guilt trip yourself as a parent though. That is truly wonderful that he's been behaving more like his old self since you had that conversation with him. I bet he's just so happy to know that his mommy is healthy now.
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3

Cycle/Month? 1

WTO/TWW? WTO

Ages of other child(ren)? 9 months

Any thoughts about this cycle? Still benched with no period over here. 3 more months until I stop BFing, and then I should get it back. My supply has dropped in the past week because I've been sick, but I'm hoping I can keep it going.

Any questions?

Rant/Rave/Brag: My sister pissed me off today. She announced that she's moving across the country with her partner and 5 year old even though they don't have jobs lined up. She thinks they'll just figure it out. How can a 31 year old be so immature?

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? I looove The Office. Also the West Wing. 

Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @holly321, I'm sorry for the tough year that you've had. It sounds like your DS really benefited from your conversation, and I'm sure you're doing a great job. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Prior to Christmas I noticed my cat had lost a lot of weight,  and was starting to isolate herself. There was only a small time it could have happened so I took her to the vet. They said it was cancer. Tried to get into see a teaching/research/leading place, the college, but they never got back to me. So after trying that I got in to another local vet hospital about 3w later. She's now lost more weight and behavior totally changed. Said it was a very fast intense cancer and confirms she's miserable. I decide to treat her to comfort and allow her to go when she starts feeling bad again, they say 1-2m Well I try for almost 2w worried she's not reacting as I expected. I write the vet oncologist but yay holiday weekend, no response. Eventually she's bad enough I say screw it. Leave work early and take her to put down - this is the first time she seems truly happy in a month. Same day vet responds that it sounds like treatment isn't working on her and I should let her go... 
    So I put her down Thursday. She was my first pet as only mine when I moved out.... she was a lover and an amazing kitty. I feel terrible that I put her through so much and wish I'd have let her go sooner, I just thought I'd misunderstood.
    TW spoiler. Pet death and reason I've been so mia lately. 

Sorry the spoiler is at the top, only way mobile would let me spoiler only a piece...

Cycle/Month? 7/6

WTO/TWW? Wto cd1

Ages of other child(ren)? Almost 1yr

Any thoughts about this cycle? Not yet

Any questions? Any thermometer recs? I bought a mabis end of October. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it takes 5m. The last 3 days it stopped beeping. I give up. Backlit would be nice, but not necessary.

Rant/Rave/Brag; see spoiler. Also DS is almost 1!  looking at daytime weaning soon. There's a lot going on and I'm currently overly emotional.

GTKY: What TV show have you seen every episode of? House, iZombie, NCIS

@holly321 I'm so sorry your DS was struggling with that. But it sounds like you have a wonderful relationship with him that he feels he can come to you with the hard stuff and you'll tell him the truth. He may have needed the time. You're doing a wonderful job and I'm sorry this year was so rough.

@PensiveCrayon Hi!!

• @kns1988 hi! I remember your screen name from TTGP when we were both TTC #1!
  • @mylitta I’m so sorry about your kitty. We had to do the same with my husband’s cat a few months ago. Hugs. 

SaveSave
  • @Mylitta Hi-ho! I’m so sorry about your kitty. Re: weaning, I just daytime weaned A since he hit a year, and it wasn’t super difficult. I think he does get a little confused/sad that he doesn’t have the quiet snuggles with me post-nap, but he’s a pretty chill dude in general. And I have the iProvén BBT. It’s not backlit, and takes about 2 minutes to beep, but I don’t really have any complaints. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018