1st Trimester

Three + tests, but all are faint.

Sorry ladies - Paranoia is setting in. I just tested positive yesterday on two HPTs. One was a faint positive line and the other was a clear digital confirmation. I’m at the doctor for an unrelated visit and they are still only seeing a faint positive today. I’m currently waiting for blood work to be done, but I’m starting to worry. I was so excited to get a positive (3!) but now I’m afraid of looking at a chemical pregnancy. I’d be 4 weeks today, AF should have come today. My boobs have been so sore for over a week and I had on and off nausea yesterday. I know there’s no good in worry since it won’t change anything, but is there still hope?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Three + tests, but all are faint.

• Sore breasts is pretty much just a straight progesterone symptom. I have it every luteal phase. Which I always successfully ignored before TTC and obsessed about while TTC. It's pretty normal to have faint tests at this point, especially depending on the normal length of your luteal phase. 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • My dye tests were super faint at first, but that really doesn’t tell you very much. A faint is still a positive and you also turned a digital! Try to breathe and relax (easier said than done I know, I tested pretty much every other day from before my missed period with my first positive until like week 6 so I get it!) and just wait for the blood results. Don’t worry until your doc tells you there is reason to. Good luck! 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! I found a way to talk myself down and the next morning took another test, it was still faint, but definitely more visible than the first! I had a mc at week 7 with my last pregnancy so I’m just on edge. I feel good today and I’ll take your advice on the worrying. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don’t blame you for worrying! I had my first positives yesterday (2 on the little internet cheap ones and one on a first response test). This morning I did two of the cheap ones and almost nothing showed up :( I did the first response and it was a clear positive, so I’m happy about that :) (I’m 13 dpo by the way) Are your temperatures still up? I think I will only worry if I see them start to drop significantly :) all the best to you! I can’t wait to make my doctors appointment and finally, hopefully, confirm this (I’m so cautiously hopeful right now!) 
  • Just to comment on the previous posters comment in temps - temps are not always good indicators of a progressing pregnancy once pregnant. I have heard of low and high temps with successful pregnancies. If you keep temping you could just be adding more unnecessary stress. I know it’s easier said than done but try to relax until you get your beta results. A positive is a positive no matter the darkness or faintness of a test. 
  • Agree with @wildtot. I temped for a few days after my first BFP and it started to dip a little bit and it was causing me insane anxiety. I read that they aren’t super reliable as the pregnancy progresses so I stopped temping because it was just making me crazy. I think it’s good to confirm you got past your normal LP and they were still elevated, but once you get your BFP I wouldn’t focus too much on them, even just to keep your sanity! 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18