Parenting
Options

Baby cut her finger.

Hey all,

So it seems im a problematic father, but none the less want some advice.

My 9 month old cut her hand on a metal wall decoration inside a restaurant.  It was bleeding on both sides of her finger....

I immediately used a napkin to pressure the cut.  It took my about 10 minutes before I decided to run it under some water...i did not use soap.

This was all about 2 weeks ago...since then her finger has visibly healed well.  Is there anything i should worry about?  She received her tetnis shot I believe a few months back....

Re: Baby cut her finger.

• Options
    goldss said:
    Hey all,

So it seems im a problematic father, but none the less want some advice.

My 9 month old cut her hand on a metal wall decoration inside a restaurant.  It was bleeding on both sides of her finger....

I immediately used a napkin to pressure the cut.  It took my about 10 minutes before I decided to run it under some water...i did not use soap.

This was all about 2 weeks ago...since then her finger has visibly healed well.  Is there anything i should worry about?  She received her tetnis shot I believe a few months back....
    This is probably something you should ask a doctor, not an Internet forum. They can check it out and ensure she didn’t cut something important.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    If it seems visibly healed and it doesn't appear to be bothering her, its probably fine
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well based on experience, there's nothing to worry about. As long as the wound stopped after you put pressure on it, your baby is fine. Btw, tetanus shots last up to 10 years.