Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO 1/20-1/21

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

C/S:

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favourite? 
Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

Re: WTO 1/20-1/21

• @josie12367 I was thinking he same thing, there were so many posts yesterday and now today...crickets. Sorry about your crappy cycle :(

Month/Cycle: 5/6

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: N&C, PNVs, OPKs, temping 

R/R: FF should give me crosshairs for CD12 if my temp stays up so I will move over there tomorrow, my rant is TWW is so stressful ugh! Rave - it’s the weekend and we have nothing going on so I’m being a lazy bum. 

C/S: nope

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favourite? Samoas/Carmel delites 
  • Loading the player...
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 I'm with you on the TWW being stressful. I do so well the first week, and then go downhill from there...lol. Do you have anything fun planned to distract you during your TWW? I try to do something fun the day after I plan to test...if it's a BFP....CELEBRATE! If it's a BFN....PICK ME UP! Lol...It does a fair job of soothing me at the end of a long cycle :)

• @josie12367 no plans for the next 9 days really, work will be pretty busy so I’m hoping that will distract me. I tested way too early and often last cycle and I tell myself I’m not going to put myself through that again. DH and I have a fundraiser right around when AF is due so I will test before that as there will be drinking. So if it’s a BFN I’ll drown my sorrows, if it’s a BFP I will be celebrating by eating more food than I should and trying to hide the fact that I’m not drinking! 
  • chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited January 2018
    Month/Cycle:2/2

CD: 13 or 14

WAYDTGKU: OPK, BBT, Pom juice

R/R: raving over a fabulous night with some girls last night, there is really nothing like finding a good group of women who are truly there to lift one another up. No rants, but stress because temps are all over the place!

C/S: OPKs daily (finally got some pink dye ones,)

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favourite? With @josie12367, frozen thin mints!
  • Sorry I wasn't around yesterday! Errands in the morning turned into afternoon nap and then some work. :( 

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: PNV, OPK, temping, charting, b complex

R/R: why is it that when you want a chill weekend to do nothing, your house looks like a bomb went off and you feel compelled to spend the weekend cleaning? 

C/S: nothing

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favourite? Thin mints all the way. agree with PP, SO good frozen!

@josie12367 - i hear you on reducing the caffeine. It's my go-to when I get stressed and then I have way too much of it and not enough water. :( So sorry for your long cycle! 

@chopchop25 - yay for girls night! I know so much easier said than done, but some random temps here or there aren't super alarming. Anything from waking up motn, different blankets on your bed, to warmer outside temps can cause variations. It can make your chart harder to interpret, but you can likely see a shift still when you actually ovulate. If you're concerned, consider posting your chart for a chart stalk so we can see your variations!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Month/Cycle:
    4/2 (loss at 9 weeks)

CD:

WAYDTGKU:
    OPKs, N&C, CM, cycle tracking, PNV

R/R:
    I have to work today, waah.

C/S:
    nope

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favourite? 
    The peanut butter sandwiches and the lemon.  UO: I do not like Thin Mints.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @josie12367 my ute hurts looking at your chart.  AF is a real bitch.
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I hope the TWW goes by fast.  Although I know it never does.  Enjoy your lazy weekend!
    @chopchop25 that's great you have a great group of friends.  My besties are spread all over the country.
    @catlady2015 my house always looks like a bomb went off.  It's a losing battle.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKY: pnvs, N&C, charting

R/R: not much, just happy it’s the weekend! Catching up on homework. We went to a beer tasting event last night with my in-laws...MIL got wasted so she wasn’t quite as rude as normal. We have another family dinner tonight so hopefully she continues to reel in the crazy.

C/S:

GTKY: thin mints are definitely among the cookies I buy every year, but the peanut butter and chocolate Tagalongs are my favorite!

@josie12367 Sorry about your long cycle. I have never heard of Black Sails. What is it about? We are always looking for new shows to try.

@nmbrcrnchr1 I agree the TWW is so stressful. FX for you and I hope you can find some fun things to do to pass the time quickly!

@chopchop25 Hooray for girls night! I love a good girls night, glad you enjoyed it!

@catlady2015 my house always looks like that when we do nothing all weekend, and I hate going in to the week with a messy house because I always know nothing will get cleaned until the next weekend  :D

@coco2787 I hope your workday goes by quickly for you!!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @josie12367 I always find the weekends are extra quiet - I think everyone just gets too busy! Does your AF always hang around so long - that must be annoying! Mine is usually 5 full days plus 2-3 days of spotting on each end and I thought that was long!
    @nmbrcrnchr1 I hate the TWW - I hope you have some good distractions this time around!
    @chopchop25 I haven't had a girls night in forever - I'm so jealous! I agree that they are so fabulous for mental health!
    @catlady2015 My house always looks like a bomb went off if it makes you feel better! It seems no matter how much cleaning we do it's still always messy - I'm pretty sure it's mostly that we have way too much stuff!
    @coco2787 Do you always work weekends? And do you get a weekday off instead? I love having weekdays off so I don't mind doing a weekend every so often!
    @spartan4life Make sure you bring your MILs favourite drink tonight so you can re-use last nights technique! Lol!

Month/Cycle: 11/11

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: All the acronyms

R/R: Rave: Going thrifting this morning and going to attempt to find a few new blazers for some upcoming work trips. And then the plan is to clean the house up a bit and relax for the rest of the day!

C/S: No chart this month

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favourite? We only have two kinds here in Canada - Mint Chocolate in the fall, and the classic vanilla and chocolate combo ones in the Spring. I am a hardcore mint chocolate fan.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @elothair I was really surprised recently when I learned that they sell different cookies in different places.
  • Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: all the acronyms... plus I'm really going to try bbt this month. We'll see how that goes

R/R: MH's SA results came back the same day! Thank you online health chart. And his swimmers are completely normal! This is such a relief. Idk why but I had it in the back of my head that there was something wrong with him. And maybe I've been mentally sabotaging every cycle... idk but I'm feeling super optimistic about this cycle! On another note, I'm not sure if the government shut down affects me. I think it does (working at a state university doing research...) but I haven't heard anything from my boss so I guess I'll still go in tomorrow. If I am affected that would really suck, MH is already out of work too (still waiting for his broken wrist to heal). 

C/S: nope

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favourite? Samoas all the way!

It's so hard to tag on mobile, so love tits to all!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, Charting BBT and CM, OPKs, Pregnitude, PreSeed - and can’t forget N&C!

R/R: @josie12367 hahahaha “Mass exodus of eggs from ovaries” wouldn’t that be awesome!!! Yeah I couldn’t find a thread yesterday soooo just posting today. No rant or rave :)

CS/Q: the fancy schmancy Clearblue OPK says to test on Tuesday, CD 11. I’m a little pissed that I can’t enter my typical LP length, I feel like that’s way too early. But supposedly it wants you to test a few times to get a baseline for LH and estrogen so maybe it’ll figure it out once it sees how far away I am from Oing (I usually O around CD 19).

GTKY: Samoas and Savannah Smiles - I can’t choose! Lordy I hope they’re selling them at the store when I go later lol!

@nmbrcrnchr1 TWW is stressful, but so exciting too! I’m happy for ya and will hopefully join you soon!

@chopchop25 yay for girls night and a great group! You’re lucky. I need to schedule something like that. I also still have not had a housewarming for our new house, maybe I’ll take @josie12367 ‘s advice and schedule it for test day. If BFP I’ll sneakily not be drinking, if BFN I’ll distract myself, lol!

@catlady2015 right there with you on the state of my house. I “reset” it on Friday morning and now we’ve lived in it 2 days and it’s a mess! How?! P.S. I love Clutterbug on YouTube for cleaning and organizing inspo.

@coco2787 sorry you have to work! I hope you can schedule some downtime after work today.

@spartan4life glad your MIL isn’t being as difficult as normal. Hang in there!

@elothair oooh thrift shopping! Where do you like to go?

<3 Me: 28 DH: 29
    <3 Married since 2012 dating since 2005.
    <3 Golden Retriever girls (8) and (3), orange feral rescue tabby (1).

Finally TTC#1 as of 11/2017!
    Thryoidectomy 2007, PCOS, disordered proliferative endometrium.
  • @elothair I like the way you think! I will be sure to pack a good bottle of wine  ;)

@LJMoon6 Congrats on positive SA results!! FX for you that this is your cycle!
    Me:29 DH:30
    Married:10/2012
    TTC #1: 12/2017
  • @spartan4life Black Sails I believe aired on HBO originally. It's about pirates, and loosely follows treasure island characters. I think my husband said it's the prequel to a full on treasure island series that should come out in the next year or so. It's pretty good. Very dramatic. My DH really likes the show. 

@elothair No, my period is usually five or so days with a bit of spotting at the end. This has been ridiculous, but expected after my an-o cycle. 

• @josie12367 I saw it hadn’t been started but didn’t want to step on anyone’s toes as a newb :joy:

month/cycle: 1/1

CD: 12

WAYD: Occasional N&C, PNV, BBT

R/R: I’m a dumb-dumb and only bought the vitamin part of the PNV. Guess I should hunt down some DHA now. And my rave is GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! I asked H what he wanted me to get and we ended up with a box of everything minus the weird GF flavor, and 2 of the Lemonades. 

GTKY: Peanut butter sandwiches and peanut butter patties are old favorites. New favorite is Lemonades because they go great with tea. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Oh you can always start it up! Anyone can :) 

• I always feel so bad for posting and ghosting on the weekend… So I broke out my slow and super old laptop just to try to be more part of TB community.

@josie12367 I’ve been trying really hard to reduce my caffeine intake too. I’m sticking with one cup in the am and one cup (or maybe half regular, half decaf) in the early afternoon.

@nmbrcrnchr1 I hate lazy weekends. Or rather I hate when there’s nothing to do.  I get so bored and restless.  Don’t get me wrong having a lazy day here and there is necessary but not all weekend long. I go crazy and bite MH head off!

@chopchop25 I’m so jealous of your girl’s night.  The few friends I do have rarely can find time for each other anymore.  My friends department in lacking atm… so is life.

@catlady2015 I really like to clean on the weekends too but MH is the opposite, he says the weekends are for being lazy. And I really hate cleaning while he’s sitting on his ass doing nothing… so no cleaning today… maybe tomorrow lol

@coco2787 I don’t like thin mints either… although putting them in the freezer sounds interesting.

@spartan4life A beer tasting event sounds fun!  I like trying new beers… but I usually hate them lol. Thanks, I’m trying to stay positive this cycle.  I really think I was just getting in my head too much. This month feels lucky!

@elothair That’s so sad that you only have 2 flavors!

@leafyarch Samoas all the way!!!

@pensivecrayon Lemonades flavor!? I’ve never heard of that one! I need to try this pronto! 

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• @cdepperschmidt @LJMoon6 Only having the two kinds here sucks! I bootleg some from my cousin's kids in the States every so often - you guys have some awesome flavours!
    @leafyarch Today was Value Village as they were having a 50% off everything sale so I got 3 pairs of work pants, 2 blazers, and a pair of booties for $18!
    @josie12367 That definitely sucks, but makes sense after an an-o cycle. FX this cycle is much smoother sailing for you and you have a giant O!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Lurking from TWW. I had NO idea there were different girl guide cookie flavours besides the mint and the chocolate / vanilla. And it’s not even like there is an option since they come or based on the season. 
  • Month/cycle 7/7

CD 19 

WAYDTGKU: BBT, opk

R/R: working today but its been a super slow day till now. Only a few more hours to go. Haven’t had a positive OPK yet which is frustrating. Started using OPK last month so dont have much experience with them. It did turn last month on CD 16. How much can it vary? I’m also charting my temp this month and so far haven’t noticed a big temp spike so i guess the OPK is not wrong. :/ 

GTKY: i like the mint flavored ones as well. @PensiveCrayon wow lemonade flavor sounds awesome

• @nasah15 I've always been irregular/non ovulatory so I may not help much, but your O dates can vary widely. I've O'd as early as cd 15 and as late as cd 38. Your body can delay O'ing for many many reasons, so the follicular phase of your cycle can be different lengths potentially every single cycle. So just keep testing and hopefully you'll turn an opk soon. It's the luteal phase after ovulation that stays a constant length.

• Ok...so I’m the worst bumpie ever. It turns out my work computer hates the bump and the phone app is kinda sucky so I’ve been MIA for a month. But I need to get back into it because I love lurking and seeing how supportive everyone is of each other throughout this whole process.

@josie12367 sorry about the crazy cycle...AF can be super annoying sometimes. I tried watching black sails in the past but couldn’t get into it. Does it get better after the first few episodes?

@chopchop25 I miss girls night! I had some really good friend a few years back and we always had the best time. But people have moved and it just hasn’t been the same.

@catlady2015 my house always looks like a bomb went off...I’m seriously contemplating hiring a maid.

@coco2787 @nasah15 I’m working all weekend too...but having Monday off kinda makes it worth it

AFM

Month/Cycle:too many to count

CD:2

WAYDTGKU: opks, PNV and all the supplements, BD

R/R: I was just diagnosed with hashimotos a week ago and just started synthroid. RE thinks that may be why we haven’t conceived. Next cycle is going to be a medicated IUI cycle so my DH and I are super excited!

C/S:

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favorite? Samoas 

Two Furbabies: Mika (american eskimo) and Gypsy (wire-haired terrier, dachshund mix)

Twins: Kaiden and Zara born 10/2018 conceived after 6 years of infertility via a medicated IUI

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Thanks @josie12367 my cycle tends to be anywhere from 29-34 days so i guess that means i must O at different dates? Its weird i noticed a trend that i have 2 cycles of 29 days followed by 2 cycles of 34-35 days and so on.  According to that pattern im headed for a longer cycle this time. Weird how bodies work  :/ 
  • @nasah15 The lengths could be due to ovulating on a particular side? My lefty tends to drag things out, or not ovulate...My right seems to ovulate pretty consistently in the 20 day range. I only noticed the trend when I started charting my back pain, and which side it was on. Not very scientific....but it is something I've noticed :) Are you temping? I would recommend it if not. It can offer a lot of insight on cycle lengths in the different phases.

@linz36 You know, I don't really remember, but I do think I was a bit bored at first. The end of the first season, start of the second has kept my attention for sure!

• flyingmombulaflyingmombula member
    edited January 2018
    @linz36 my house also is always a disaster. I just got a new vacuum though so I’m excited to try that out since our old one weighed 80 lbs. & I’m half-heartedly reading the life saving magic of tidying up. Yay for an IUI cycle!

@leafyarch thanks for the Clutterbug suggestion, I’m going to check that out!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: charting

R/R: we are making super creamy homemade baked Mac and cheese rn and I’m stupid excited. 

C/S: so when do you guys move to tww? I had a temp spike today but went out last night and was a little hungover. I think I did ovulate yesterday or today though because I had 3 days of fertile cm and today I’m dry. 

GTKY: Girl Scout cookie season is upon us....which is your favourite? Frozen thin mints for the win. I recently discovered that I like Samoas too & we also got Tagalongs & the new S’mores!

SaveSave
  • @josie12367 we really enjoyed Black Sails!

@LJMoon6 so glad you had good SA results! And I hear you on the friend department. It had been awhile and most old friends are not around/in my life anymore, but was so lucky that work put a few of us together and we clicked instantly. Relationships are valued extremely highly in our office, and nearly all of our closest friends are also coworkers. It's weird sometimes, but also just really nice because they try to hire the people you want to work with and also have a beer with after work. That said, I half expect it to continue to evolve as we all have different life milestones at different times. My mom still tells me how her closest friends now (while she still has some HS friends) are the people who went through the same things in life around the same time. I always liked that reminder because it makes me think that some of my (our) best friends are still to come!
    Hoping you and @linz36 find a new crew soon!

@elothair any good thrifting finds? 

@catlady2015 thanks for the advice on FF chart stalking! Going to continue tracking this month, then may enlist some help. 

@leafyarch a get-together and housewarming sounds fun!

OPK second line was also super, super faint today so now I'm really hoping we didn't miss the surge when we couldn't tell with the stupid blue dye tests. Anyone ever had it go from slightly faint, to non-existant, then come back strong and ready?
    Also hoping the Eagles win, b/c otherwise I doubt there will be any N&C tonight in our house. (Patriots already in - wohoo!)
  • @chopchop25 It's so hard to meet new friends when you're introverted. I'm so jealous of you work place. I really wish I could click with people at work but I am the only girl and the youngest. Most of them have grandkids and are about to retire. So no dice there. It's hard to think of places to go or things to do to meet new friends. I'd rather it be a more natural friendship than a forced one anyways. I love that mentality of your best friend/friends are yet to come. I'm really hoping this ttc journey will produce some great ones. BTW this house is rooting for the Vikings (I'm a die hard Packer fan so I can't believe I just said that lol) but only because we want them to #bringithome! 
    *TW* TTC history

• @chopchop25 we’re skins fans so we are pulling for the Vikings now. We were in the Jags corner at first.
  • @cdepperschmidt can't fault you for rooting for the Jags and Vikings. I grew up a New England sports fan (lived in MA for awhile), and H grew up right outside of Philly so Eagles and Phils are his teams.

@LJMoon6 I can't believe I'm reading a Packers fan writing those words! ;)
    I'm a bit introverted, too, so I can totally understand where you're coming from. Definitely agree with wanting more natural ones, too - forcing them can just take so much work, even if it does turn out well in the end. Hoping this journey yields nothing but positivity for you!

• @LJMoon6 Go Packers!  What a depressing season.

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @LJMoon6 @chopchop25 - i hear you, too! We moved to a new town in October and while everyone here is really nice, I haven't had a big opportunity to get out and meet people my age. I also work at home and while my co-workers are friends, we can't exactly pop out and go get coffee. :( It was so much easier to organically meet friends when you're in school, or go to a job at a large place every day. *hugs*
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited January 2018
    @josie12367 Inysed to freeze thin mints with ice cream inbetween them!  We had a s’mores one last year that came back this year. Holy delicious!  Of the classic flavors, caramel delights/Samoa’s are my favorite, with a close runner up of the chocolate/peanut butter patty. 

Fun fact: In the US, there are two bakers for GS cookies- Little Brownie Bakers & ABC Bakers. This accounts for the difference in names (ex: doe si does vs peanut butter patty), even though they use the same recipie. 

Thin mints are the most popular seller!  

I was a GS past high school :D. I also bought 2 lemonades, 2 s’mores, 1 thanks a lot, and 1 caramel delight. I plan to get my PB patties at a stand sale.  JUDGE ME. I’ll be over here eating my cookies & shopping for new pants. 

Eta: haha- I guess I sounds like a spammer!  Nope, just passionate about GS cookies ;):D
  • @chopchop25 @coco2787 MH is a “closet Vikings fan” or so he says… his excuse is that we live in MN now so it’s fine. Whatever. Packers rule!
    *TW* TTC history