September 2018 Moms
Options

Herbal hot tea

Ive seen some conflicting answers via google and figured I would ask here. Is herbal hot tea ok? It’s celestial seasonings apple cinnamon. There aren’t really any weird ingredients. I’ve been FREEZING so far this pregnancy and it’s the only thing that actually warms me up (besides my measly cup of coffee in the mornings). The doctor isn’t seeing me until the 6th of feb (@8.5 weeks)
Thanks in advance!

Re: Herbal hot tea

• Options
    jayliijaylii member
    edited January 2018
    Make sure the tea doesn't have hibiscus as one of the ingredients. That's a common filler in a lot of herbal teas and isn't safe in pregnancy. I have been drinking peppermint and ginger tea. I also love squeezing a wedge of lemon in hot water. 

I really like Traditional Medicinals, Stash and Bigelow brand teas. They use high quality ingredients.

Edited to add content 
  • Options
    Thanks! I like both peppermint and ginger so I’ll grab some of those at the grocery store! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like roobios tea and it’s safe during pregnancy :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi, welcome to our board! Please read the "Read this first" post, as this would be a perfect discussion for our weekly randoms or weekly questions thread! Thanks, and here's to a H&H 9 months! 
  • Options
    Thanks! I did read that and didn’t see any rules against posting a question that could possibly apply to everyone. Sorry for posting! 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t apologize. I didn’t know that hibiscus wasn’t allowed during pregnancy. I might have read over that in the random questions.