July 2018 Moms

TTGP Grad Thread 1/18

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?

Re: TTGP Grad Thread 1/18

• How far along are you? 12w 5d

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Think I'm finally over this nausea thing. Although still tend to gag when I brush my teeth. Booooo.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Regular check-in next wednesday. Just cycling through all the OBs in my practice.

Rants/Raves? Rant - Someone in my group is in danger of getting picked as a juror for a super long trial. Fingers and toes crossed because no desire to pick up extra work.

Questions? Nada

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?

Definitely my phone. God forbid I have to play sudoku on paper! Oh, and coffee. Sweet sweet nectar of life.
  • How far along are you? 12w6d

How are you feeling?  I've woken up with a headache the past few days and that's no fun.  Thankfully it goes away with Tylenol and coffee.  Just waiting on that second tri burst of energy.  Nausea might be getting better (still taking Unisom + B6) but I'm still tired and I'm over it.  

Any recent/upcoming appointments?  Nothing until 2/6.  But I had my glucose test earlier this week and I passed!!!

Rants/Raves?  Still on Cloud 9 after finding out we're having a girl and that I passed my first glucose test.  And we got low-risk NIPT results and a great NT scan.  I'm just so happy things are going well so far!

Questions?  Can't think of any!

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?  Hmmm, the internet? I guess what people consider a luxury is subjective.  Starbucks, my phone, the back-up cameras on our cars (I suck at parking lol).  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Sarafuss Huge +1 to the backup camera on the cars. We have the birds-eye view camera and I don't think I could park without it. We have such a tiny spot for our crossover and of course the vehicle next to us is the exact same model. So kinda tight. Congrats on your girl and the great results! We had the same but we are having a boy. So exciting!
  • @nimmle we don't have the birds-eye view but I rely on it so much!  Funny story.  My MIL has a back-up camera on her Nissan Rogue and she refuses to use it.  It's hilarious and infuriating.  On a family vacation, she was driving our Oddysey and backing into a parking space and asked DH to get out and make sure she had backed in far enough.  I said, just look at the screen and you can see...Nope, she opens the door and leans out while she backs up rather than use the dang camera.  ::face palm::
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I am the same way with our backup camera! It actually distorts the distance so I have bumped cars with it before, and the fact that I don't trust it drives DH insane.

@nimmle I hope it doesn't happen so you don't get so much extra work! 

How far along are you? 13 weeks today!

How are you feeling? Ok, I feel like i am in that place where I need so much extra food to live and nothing sounds good, so it sucks. Like i had a shitload of dinner last night and woke up at 2:45am so hungry and with a headache, and I couldn't go back to sleep. Other than that, just back pain if I stand or clean too long and some nausea every once in awhile.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Monday is my NT scan! I feel like everyone has already had it!
    Rants/Raves? Rave: I have an interview next Wednesday for a long term sub position. I was starting to get nervous about not being able to contribute monetarily for the last half of the year so when the opportunity popped up I thought, why not? Rant: That means working again. My last job left me a bit scarred on the educational system so I am a bit apprehensive about going back.

Questions?

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? My laptop or my smart phone. I am always connected some how, I should take more time to not be.
  • @SmashJam Our van has sensors that beep at you if you get too close but my Prius (a 2006 model) doesn't beep at you and sometimes I forget and expect my car to alert me if I get too close.  Thankfully, I've never hit anything though!
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey all! Kinda took a little vaca from the bump...

How far along are you? 15 weeks

How are you feeling? Pretty good.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Next OB appointment is 02-05-18

Rants/Raves? Holy crap, this bump just grows overnight!! 

Questions? None.

GTKY: What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without? Currently, the auto-start in my care, only had it since May, but this winter it has been a lifesaver! I don't think I'll ever get a car without auto-start from now on.
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • How far along are you? I dont know how to answer this now. See Questions post

How are you feeling? Disappointed at the change in due date because i feel that they are wrong. Other than that my only symptoms are being tired and that i have to eat when I feel hungry or else i get sick. Oh and acne.....lots and lots of acne. :(

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Had NT scan today. Baby looked great with a heartbeat of 162. Posted in ultraspund thread. 

Rants/Raves? Rant: again, due date change. That and family members that dont have nice things to say about this baby. We are super happy and that is all that matters but it still stings. Other rant: my 20 week scan isnt foe 9 weeks! Ugh, looks like Ill be paying out of pocket for a gender scan at 16 weeks!

Questions? See questions thread. 

@nimmle i still gag when i brush my tongue and I love playing sudoku!

@Sarafuss Yay for passing the glucose test!!

@SmashJam I am the same way with food right now. I have to eat as soon as I get hungry or I feel super sick and I feel like I eat a ton but then am hungry an hour later! It drives me nuts,  especially now with the GD because it is making it very hard. 

Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • How far along are you? 12w7d

How are you feeling? Feeling almost back to normal, minus hunger thing. Like you ladies, i need to eat STAT or i eat and I’m so hungry again within a couple hours. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Feb 1st - regular OB appt.  Still waiting on NIPT results...today is business day 6, but I’m too nervous to make a LabCorp account to see if testing is done and back to my drs office. Ignorance is bliss, i guess. I’m sure all is well but i still get nervous. 

Rants/Raves? It’s 30° in Florida. I’m not okay with this. Also, started mildly posting on other threads instead of simply lurking. 

Questions? 

my phone - the pictures, information and connectivity it provides me.

@nimmle has your coffee i take changed much? I went from a solid 2 cups always to now being lucky if i finish 1

@sarafuss congrats on a little girl!! That’s so exciting! 

@smashjam i lol’ed about your food comments. That’s a daily here too! 

@ajsanders-2 welcome back from your bump vacation and congrats on the start of WK 15!

@busymommy23 im sorry about your frustrations about your due date change. You e got that mommas intuition and stuck with your gut if you think that they are wrong. Address that at your next OB appt. as for family members that are not supportive/happy...ignore them. Easier said then done, but this is your life and you are living it for you - not for them. 

• @And846 Before pregnancy I would have 2 cups a day. Prior to last week I couldn't even have a cup. Maybe a few sips. Now I can finish 1 cup which is good enough to keep headaches away.