December 2017 Moms

Postpartum Mommas

Hey ladies,

I thought it might be nice to have a board to check-in and discuss how we're feeling etc. I know we are busy with our new babies, but maybe just a board to have a place to discuss postpartum stuff with other mommas? What do we think?

Re: Postpartum Mommas

• @elvenchick92686 that's awesome things are going so well. 

Only baby blues I'm sad LO is my last baby. Recovery has been horrible, and I can only function if I keep up on my pain medication. (I hemorrhage, got an infection next day where my fever got up to 103.5, and with all the antibiotics they had to put me on I ended up with c diff my last day at the hospital). Breastfeeding is going okay. He wants to breastfeed which is great! I'm nervous that DH goes back to work on Monday. With having the baby blues I'm trying to think of life when I wasn't pregnant and think positively towards that. 

• Loading the player...
  • big hugs to you all! I'm glad you've had helpers and visitors.

I've definitely had mood dips and randomly cried yesterday because he is so small and his hair is so soft and I'm absolutely dreading returning to work.  BUT he is an excellent feeder and sleeper. I feel really lucky in that regard.  SO went back to work Monday and I'm definitely getting lonely and antsy/cabin fever-y during the day.  I'm having difficulty balancing both kids when my oldest gets home. He wants to be very helpful and hands on which is great, but it stresses me out and I end up snapping.  I feel so guilty about it but I haven't found the balance yet.  I'm hoping we find our stride soon.

@elvenchick92686 I'm glad the MIL issues are dying down and that you all have worked out a routine.

@kersey0208 I definitely understand the feeling of feeling like you need to entertain visitors.  The only visitors I've had that I haven't felt like I need to entertain are my parents.  They played with my oldest and my mom helped me do dishes and bake. My SO's family hasn't offered to help in any way when they've visited.  It's frustrating but I've accepted that it's part of who they are, which is sucky.
  • @Marley629 I hope all goes well when you get home and adjust. I wanted DH to go to work while I was in Hospital. I had so much happen to me that I ended up needing him at the hospital with me. 
  • How long has everyone been bleeding for? When can I expect it to stop? I just find it annoying at 3 wpp.
  • @jintoki82 4 weeks, but just barely now.
  • @jintoki82 I bled for about 3 weeks, but had some spotting / staining for a few weeks after. It wasn't until around my 6 week postpartum check up that I stopped wearing pads or liners.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I finish bleeding about mid way through week 2
  • I stopped bleeding about one week pp, but had spotting for another 3 weeks after that. I saw my OB at 5 weeks because I thought I had an infection, but it was just the stitches irritating things. She clipped them and discovered a tear that wasn’t healing, so she also put some silver nitrate on that spot. I had spotting for 3 days after that. At my 6 week visit everything was back to normal! Well....what will be normal from now on anyway :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is anyone else dealing with bad scar tissue?  I'm 7 weeks PP and still incredibly sore. I had a second degree tear that healed. I pushed for two hours so baby was crowning for quite some time. My entire vaginal opening now feels hard as a rock. It actually really freaks me out when I feel it when showering. I'm also still doing the "postpartum waddle" when my Motrin wears off. At my 6 week OBGYN appointment the doctor said the scar tissue may or may not soften. She also said I appear to be a slow healer and looked more like 4 weeks PP. She said it was ok to keep taking Motrin as needed, but I still really feel it when it starts to wear off... especially if I'm holding my LO and swaying or bouncing her (which is often because she really prefers to move). Has anyone else had this issue?  Anyone with past pregnancies?  Does it get better?  Everything I read says that the vaginal opening is built to be stretchy and eventually returns to its natural state (or at least close to it) but the way things are looking and feeling now I find that hard to believe!
  • @inguyenbaby no experience with this, but I hope you heal soon. Have you tried “padcicles” to help with pain and healing? I’ve put witch hazel and dermoplast on a pad, then put in the freezer. It might help give you some relief. 
  • @balletnerd - yes, I have. They do provide some temporary relief, but definitely still uncomfortable day to day  :( Thanks for the reply.
    I seem to be softening a smidge, but healing is taking so much longer than I ever would have thought...