August 2018 Moms
Options

Fit Mom Friday 1/12

okay ladies, how is everyone doing?  This week I was able to jog a little bit and I tried a bodyfit by Amy prenatal kettle bell workout that I loved!  I highly recommend her prenatal videos! 
I still feel nauseous and a lot more tired/lightheaded than usual but I'm doing my best and hoping I have more energy in the second trimester.

Re: Fit Mom Friday 1/12

• Options
    I've been doing more low-impact stuff until my SCH resolves. Not running/lifting has been difficult, mostly because it's how I process stress/anxiety. I've been keeping up with YWA True so far. Today is day 11, I think. I've been able to get in light cardio every day as well, but it's just not the same.
    Hoping the SCH is gone at my appt on the 18th!
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    I'm doing much better this week. Made it to the gym three times and even did some cardio. Hoping to keep it up. 
    @missybutler94 I will have to check out those videos. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've got a chest cold so I suck basically. Lol. I have been walking, though. 
  • Options
    @Firemanswife11 You have me beat; I haven't even been walking. RSV absolutely kicked my ass. I did tell DH though that I think I might finally be able to try to get to the gym next week.  I'm so wary of doing anything too soon and having my cough flare back up.
  • Options
    I have practiced my new bodypump release a couple of times in the basement.  It's definitely not where I was pre-pg with weights and endurance but I plan on going back to teach on the 23rd so I need to try.  Because I haven't been teaching, I have felt bad about going to the gym there so I haven't done that but I have done some cardio in my basement a couple of times this week and I have felt better.  There's definitely less motivation to push harder, but trying to listen to my body.  If I need to, I can mime and go weight-less while I teach, especially since heavy breathing/talking at the same time may be a bit harder now!

It's probably imaginary but I feel like I can see a tiny loss in muscle tone of my shoulders/biceps which are my best fitness features so I need to start ramping up some weights.

I've been thinking about trying to run even half a mile but it's been now about 6 weeks since I have done that....UGH
  • Options
    @juliebird6 I've been walking up and down the hallway at work. Lol. But I still think it counts...maybe. Hope you're back to yourself soon! 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 you will lose muscle tone during pregnancy anyway because that just happens. I follow a lot of fitness trainers and such for motivation and every time they get pregnant they usually do a post on muscle loss. So it makes me feel better that it's normal but it also sucks because my shoulders are my best "fitness" feature as well. 
  • Options
    Count me into the walking club. I've been aiming for 10k steps a day and I've done ok considering I had stomach flu last Sunday and my DS has been waking between 4-5am every day. I hear him cry, he gets himself back to sleep, and I lie awake for an hour. I have been trying to do some walking at 5:30 every morning, but these early wake-ups have screwed up my sleep. Ugh. Hopefully after a bumpy start to 2018, we can get back to our routine this week. 
  • Options
    @scottishlass1213 you will lose muscle tone during pregnancy anyway because that just happens. I follow a lot of fitness trainers and such for motivation and every time they get pregnant they usually do a post on muscle loss. So it makes me feel better that it's normal but it also sucks because my shoulders are my best "fitness" feature as well. 
    Ugh I know. I’m in denial about it hahha
  • Options
    I’m feeling awful this week and I only worked out once. Also my Beachbody Coach is really encouraging me not to do 80 Day Obsession, which probably is for the best. I think I’ll pick a short workout program to start once I’m feeling better, which I hope is soon.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @lalala2004 I'm with you, I barely was able to work out, and both times I think it ended up making me feel worse after! But I just started vitamin b6 and unisom last night and today I feel so much better already. FX that I keep seeing these results and can get into more of a routine! I hope you feel better soon momma❤
  • Options
    @missybutler94 I've been so lightheaded too. I did a bunch yesterday and today I haven't even been able to get up without almost fainting:(
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Options
    I ran 1.5 miles then fast walked another 1.5 on the treadmill last night and I was pooped. Pregnancy exhaustion is hitting hard this week.

@scottishlass1213 I am so jealous! I am missing bodypump so much. I am hoping to make it to a few classes next month when DH work schedule rotates and he will be off on class days to watch the kid.
  • Options
    @matryoshkadoll I wonder why! I think I do remember being lightheaded with my last pregnancy. I think for me it has a lot to do with not drinking enough water because it makes me feel sick. So I'm really probably dehydrated and then working out makes that worse. But I feel like yoga especially made me very very lightheaded when I tried it last week!  I guess we just have to deal and hope it gets better:(
  • Options
    I've been doing okay this past week. I managed to get three 5km runs in, so at least I did something! I started back at work this week after a year of Maternity Leave and have been absolutely exhausted figuring out this working mom thing! I am impressed I even got 3 workouts in! Next week I want to try to get 3 runs in, and go to my exercise class twice. This week I just couldn't find time/energy to get out to the class- I really just need to force myself into some kind of routine!! 

@scottishlass1213 and @suzystar829 - Bodypump is the exercise class I regularly go to! During my last pregnancy I did it all the way up to 39 weeks! I did my last body pump class 3 days before I delivered. It is a GREAT pregnancy workout- so many great modifications available for that growing belly :)
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    edited January 2018
    I did 30 minutes of power yoga yesterday and hoping to get in an hour today. 

EDited because words are hard apparently

• Options
    F47F47 member
    I was so into BBG workouts for the past few months (I was obsessed after my first was weaned). I was finally starting to feel fit again and, SURPRISE!, pregnant. I did a modified BBG workout yesterday morning and it was still so hard. But, I made it through and felt great this morning...love that sore muscle feeling. 

I need to decide what my pregnancy workout plan will be. We have a squat rack, bench and rower, which will be good for now. But, I’ll definitely outgrow that rower in a few months.  :D
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had been slacking on my workouts pre-pg, so I’ve been taking it slow. We got a treadmill with some Christmas money, so I’ve been on that almost everyday - at night after DS is in bed. I mainly walk, but last week I jogged a bit of the time, too. I signed up for YWA True, but have only done a few days. I just can’t seem to get out of bed in the morning to get a workout in. I’m hoping once I get some energy back that’ll change! 
    Me: 34 DH: 37
    DS: 5.28.15
    DS#2: EDD 8.31.18

• Options
    anon3anon3 member
    edited January 2018
    I haven't changed much from my normal routine of weights and bike/run for cardio. I have lessened the intensity; I'm trying to be mindful of how hard I'm pushing myself. Getting all the extra water everyday is somewhat of a challenge. If anyone has tips on that I'd love to hear it! 
  • Options
    kayldawn said:

@scottishlass1213 and @suzystar829 - Bodypump is the exercise class I regularly go to! During my last pregnancy I did it all the way up to 39 weeks! I did my last body pump class 3 days before I delivered. It is a GREAT pregnancy workout- so many great modifications available for that growing belly :)
    Last pregnancy I was in a BodyPump class the day before my due date (due on Mon, was in Sun class)! Scared the crap out of everyone. I ended up delivering Thursday :) Unfortunately now I have a kid who needs watching and gets on the way of class schedules ;)
  • Options
    I went to the gym today while DH and DS swam. Did the rower, some weights and a 5 minute run to see how it felt. I saw a couple people from my class I haven’t taught in 5 weeks and they’re probably like where the F have you been haha I go back same day as my 22 week appt in a week if all goes well!
  • Options
    I actually joined a 6 week challenge at a gym when I found out I was pregnant (my last pregnancy I gained a ton of weight and had high bp/pre-e). Unfortunately my nausea is so bad I don’t know if I can keep going. I might ask them if I can shift my start date to after I start feeling better
  • Options
    I've had an ok week so far. I've been able to skate for an hour and a half at a time 3x/week. Unfortunately the rink is only open on Fri/Sat/Sun unless there are days without school, and it's still too cold (and a little risky) for me to skate outside where I'd prefer. I'd like to have a good workout opportunity sometime in the middle of the week because I feel yucky going 4 days in a row without any real physical activity. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Back at it today! Finally feeling better. I started doing T25 which is a new one for me. I like a short workout!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    T25 is so hard @lalala2004 !!! I remember trying that at one point and wanting to die haha

im still doing the CrossFit style workout. I never want to go but always feel good after and stronger. 
  • Options
    @Taylovesbrad I’m having to modify basically everything, because jumping has been a no-go for me. The modifier is great, though.

Don't think it’s happening today, though. I feel like crap.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    I got on the treadmill 3 days this week, which is good, but next week I need to do better. I was able to jog a little finally. For weeks if I did anything faster than a speed walk, I threw up. So, this is a nice improvement at 12w. Hoping I can get more light jogging in the second tri!
  • Options
    Has anyone tried 80 day obsession yet? I'm really digging it so far but the work outs are pretty long. It looks like they're between 40-60 minutes. I think I have the stamina for about 30 right now :)
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!

• Options
    Has anyone tried 80 day obsession yet? I'm really digging it so far but the work outs are pretty long. It looks like they're between 40-60 minutes. I think I have the stamina for about 30 right now :)
    I was going to, but my Beachbody coach said they are strongly urging pregnant women to not do it. I think A Little Obsessed was just right for an intense workout while pregnant, though. My doctor even told me to take 10 minute breaks every 30 minutes, so I’m just going to stick with shorter programs.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    @lalala2004 compared to other programs I've done while pregnant, it's not as tough. Of course, listen to your body and don't attempt if it doesn't feel comfortable. I did beachbody workouts until the day before I gave birth last time around and didn't have any complications and felt great. I've just been stopping at the 30 minute mark :)
    Image result for april showers meme

Hello from Detroit!