September 2018 Moms

High Risk- Week of Jan 8

Check-in time! I've started lovenox shots, once a day, which is my absolute LEAST favorite part of being pregnant. I know that the risk of blood clots are real, and that this is a necessary evil, but the shots hurt! And they leave bruises :( 

The upside is that I'll be scheduled to see a high-risk doctor throughout my pregnancy which means more ultrasounds than a standard pregnancy <3 That is my silver lining I suppose lol.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: High Risk- Week of Jan 8

• I loved all the extra ultrasounds with my last pregnancy! Totally made all the extra appointments I had to go to worth it.
    My first nurse visit was supposed to be Friday, but I'm not able to keep anything down right now, so I'm going in to see an MD tomorrow. The worst part about this is that I haven't been able to keep my beta blocker down, so that plus being dehydrated from all the vomiting means tachycardia for me . 
  • I'm not sure if I'm technically "high risk" ... I had gestational diabetes with my last, so I'm expecting it again. It was terrible--all the finger pricking. I got out of needing insulin last time, but I'm worried I"ll need it this time. I'm also "geriatric" according to the medical literature (currently 36, would be 37 at the due date). Because of the diabetes and my age they didn't let me go past my due date last time, and I was induced but ended up needing a c-section last time. I had lots of extra appointments and ultrasounds last time, and that did make the extra appointments worth it! 

Just checking-in here to say hi, and hang in there to everyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • @MandyMost I am in the same boat! I had gestational diabetes last time and I am also 36, will be 37 at due date. When are you due?
    Me: 36       DH:38
    DD born 9/3/14
    BFP: 1/8/18        EDD: 9/18/18
  • I'm guessing I'll be put in the high risk category bc I'm 35 right? ENtered a new age bracket this year
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • ellbeedeeellbeedee member
    edited January 2018
    I am high risk with isoimmunization (the reason you get rhogham) plus I delivered at 35 weeks last pregnancy (pre term labor) so I will see an MFM weekly starting at 16 weeks... expecting bed rest towards the end and an early c section.
  • I am being treated as low risk but my last delivery turned into a nightmare so I'm bracing myself for a potential repeat. When my first was born I was home for 7 days before I was put in the cardiac unit. We learned I have a leaky valve that is very minor normally but did not react well to pregnancy last time. I'll be regularly checking in with my cardiologist after the dating ultrasound to hopefully avoid issues this time. I'm also expecting a repeat c section this time. 
  • Where do I begin? Right now I'm just waiting for referral to high risk obgyn but I don't even see regular obgyn till 2/1. I have several issues but I guess the one that is concerning me the most at the moment is in 2011 I had a grand Mal seizure and was diagnosed with a form of epilepsy called absent seizure disorder. I have episodes where I stare off for a few seconds and it's basically a seizure. Stress can cause me have to have larger seizure which is why I had the grand Mal. Since then I have been on Topamax 2x a day and while it does concern me being on that med I know there are far worse seizure medicine to be on.
    I also have some chronic pain issues and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with the extra weight but as long as the baby is healthy. I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted in August to help with the pain, unfortunately it mostly helps with my sciata and nerve pain not my back but something is better than nothing. All issues I need to coordinate between my obgyn and other doctors in the next few weeks and months as well as make sure I am eating enough protein because I had gastric bypass 11 years ago. 

• I am high risk because of FVL and previous loss. (MMC in Aug 17) I’m 7w4d today. Right now I’m on progesterone and low dose aspirin. My nurse midwife said that lovenox shouldn’t be necessary because I don’t have a history of clotting. I’m paranoid about not doing the injections but trying to trust them. I see high risk OB at the end of Feb. I’m honestly just trying not to get my hopes up. I have bad PGAL brain and am dealing with a lot of negative thoughts. My DH gets mad because I say things like “We may have a baby then” or “if I’m still pregnant.” I just don’t want to get too excited and get crushed again. I don’t have a ton of symptoms when I’m PG so that makes it more difficult. ANYWAY, sorry to DD but there’s my emotional check in. Ha. 
  • @starswilldiex2829 I also have seizures! I'm on Keppra to keep them controlled and my last pregnancy went smoothly and my little turned out perfect :)  I'll be high risk again this go around for the same reason. I also don't love being on meds while pregnant, but the alternative is being off them and risking having a seizure and something happening to my little bean. Sending all the good vibes to you mama!
    AF Wife/ Mama / Brewing Baby H / Photographer
  • shouse11shouse11 member
    edited January 2018
    @Jtk13 Im the same! I haven't allowed myself to be excited yet. 
     I just don’t want to get too excited and get crushed again. 
    AF Wife/ Mama / Brewing Baby H / Photographer
  • @Jtk13 I also have FVL and they are having me take a baby aspirin a day. No history of clots myself either. I’m low risk according to my OB (I’m 38 as well as the FVL) so I’m crossing my fingers that I stay that way! Good luck to you! 
  • @baby3ob I am not sure if that automatically puts you (us!) into the high risk category. I had an ultrasound yesterday but didn't ask that because I'm already high risk for other reasons. Have you met with your doctor yet? That's a good question to ask!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @starswilldiex2829  yowza! I had sciatica pain with my last pregnancy and had to brace myself when I sneezed because it would cause back spasms. Have you tried seeing a chiropractor? That and stretching was the only thing that got me through. I'm trying to do better about walking and doing light weights this time around so that my core stays as strong as it can. I can't deal with another bout of that kind of pain!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I’m high risk because of Crohn’s and an immunomldulator I’m on. So far I have ultrasounds scheduled for week 6 (done), 8, and 10 which is giving me a ton of peace of mind in this first tri. But I’m sure the worry will come later when I have to stop meds and risk flaring.