May 2018 Moms
Options

Bathing suits

I thought having most of my pregnancy in the winter I wouldn’t need a bathing suit but our in laws surprised us with a trip for Christmas to go to Florida next month.
So where does one get a maternity bathing suit this time of year? I want something cute but still supportive enough to play with the kids in the pool and I don’t want to spend an arm and a leg since I will only really need for a week (unless it could double as a postpartum/nursing bathing suit).
Any one have any amazing recommendations?

Re: Bathing suits

• Options
    kpc914kpc914 member
    edited January 2018
    Maybe post this in weekly randoms or questions thread? 

That being said, not sure....I find most places won't have a great selection this time of year. I would maybe try target? 
  • Options
    With DD I was pregnant through the summer. I did a 2 piece with a swim shirt from motherhood. depending on the situation I either rocked the bikini or put on the maternity swim shirt for more modisty. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have never tried to order one this time of year but I have had good luck in the past from ordering from Target's maternity section online other times of the year. Maybe since it is online they will have some options?
  • Options
    I just wear a bikini, never needed anything special.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
  • Options
    We just went to great wolf lodge recently and I wore my usual tankini and shorts but my belly was starting to peek out underneath so I felt kind of gross. We’re going to LA in a couple weeks so I’ll probably bring a bikini top now that my belly is rounder (obviously pregnant). I don’t know that I’d spend money specifically on a maternity swimsuit. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got a tankini from Motherhood when I was pregnant with DD, but that was in the summer. It looks like they have a bunch online. I've also had friends who just sized up in a regular bathing suit.
  • Options
    What a nice surprise!  With how freaking cold it is, a trip to Florida would be something nice to look forward to!  I would check Amazon.  It's my go to for everything.  I typically check reviews to see if it's worth it.  

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I really like Kortni Jeane swimsuits. They have a great maternity one. 
  • Options
    I got mine from either old Navy or destination maternity. 
    For me, they are essential. Sadly, the elastic got old as they sat in a box for years so i need a new bathing suit even though it's winter. I go to the indoor pool a lot.
  • Options
    I think I saw some on Motherhood Maternity clearance online a few weeks ago.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    I agree with @doraleigh35 and @sandbar517 I'm doing an aqua aerobics class (my friend suggested it) so I needed maternity suits. I bought them from Motherhood Maternity/Pea in the Pod right after Christmas bc there were sales. Although I quickly searched motherhood maternity now and it looks like the swim sales are over :/  

The suits I bought from there are good quality though.  
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    When I was prgnant with DD and we went to the beach, I just worse my usual tankinis. I personally feel unless you've outgrown your normal suits or you want a 1 piece, there's no need to get a special one just to have while you're pregnant. I love seeing other moms rocking their bumps in swimsuits!
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
  • Options
    I just wore normal bikinis... I did have to wear slightly larger tops when my boobs got too big... but then I could continue to use them while breastfeeding. I did see a few at motherhood maternity today... target has lots of swim suits out but I’m not sure of the maternity selection 
  • Options
    When I was prgnant with DD and we went to the beach, I just worse my usual tankinis. I personally feel unless you've outgrown your normal suits or you want a 1 piece, there's no need to get a special one just to have while you're pregnant. I love seeing other moms rocking their bumps in swimsuits!
    I mean, that's sort of the case with all clothes. If i could fit my regular clothes i wouldn't buy any maternity clothes.
  • Options
    I'm not sure about this time of year but mine came from motherhood maternity years ago
  • Options
    I went swimming not too long ago and just wore my regular bikini. It was fun having my baby belly out in the open! 
    But if I was to take aquasize classes I'd probably buy a proper suit to negate wardrobe malfunctions lol. I saw a few on sale at Motherhood Maternity earlier this week
  • Options
    Following. We are heading to Florida next month too. My large chest is even larger and I never wore a suit with either of my others. A friend gave me 2 maternity suits. Not sure I can fit into her cute little suits. Seems like such a big expense for a week!  I love when cute pregnant moms rock the bikini. I would not be able to pull off the look. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I got one at Kohls a month or two ago
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cups4cups4 member
    edited January 2018
    @kpc914 Well OP didn't even love tit any response like you would think someone would after creating your own thread about bathing suits (when amazon exists)

OP, I know you have participated, but I'm just used to seeing more of these one off questions and no response.
  • Options
    kpc914 said:
    @cups4 right?! I thought I was being rude by telling her to post in the randoms thread because everyone started giving legit responses.
    Or in the weekly questions thread...oh well!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! I don’t typically do bikinis but it is probably the most affordable option that will allow me to use at least part of the suit again in the future. Also, how often do you get to wear a two piece without worrying about your belly looking flat.
    I like the idea of a maternity swim shirt because I do kind of feel naked in two pieces and I don’t want to feel naked around my in laws. Thanks @oywiththepoodlesalready
  • Options
    @cups4, I feel like most of the participation has been by starting individual threads and randomly coming back to respond once or twice and then ditching out until another question comes to mind.
  • Options
    @hotmessmamax3 another option with a two piece would be buying one of those beach cover-up’s or dresses. That way you could rock the bump in the water and in the sun, but toss on something when the in-laws are around! 

Enjoy your trip! XD 
  • Options
    @hotmessmamax3 I got the swim shirt because I didn't want to be all out there with the in-laws either. I've been wearing the bottoms the last two summer so have gotten lots of use out of them. I think the top will fit again this summer for nursing which would make the investment even more worth it. 
  • Options
    I found this top and then bought regular bikinis that seemed to be supportive tops so that i can get use out everything past the one week. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01EXWI5ZC

If I had any fashion skills I would start a line of swimsuits for moms with big boobs, long torsos who want comfortable bathing suits that they can play with their kids in while still looking cute. My 6 year old wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up, maybe I can put her on the project.
  • Options
    @hotmessmamax3 please please design that suit!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm so freaking late to the party here.... I worked for Motherhood Maternity when I was in college, we had lots of cute maternity suits that started coming in around this time of year. I'm pretty sure they have at least a small selection online all year as well. Good luck and enjoy!
    Angel Babies 1&2 2/14/09
    DS born 3/11
    Angel Baby 3 6/28/11                                                         9/5/17 BFP!!
    divorced October 2014                                                       9/6/17 hCG 88 progesterone 9.1 (prometrium started)
    Married DH 10/15     DH's DS born 6/09                            9/8/17 hCG 242!!!
    Not preventing since 11/15                                                 EDD 5/8/18        Adjusted 5/15/18
    TTC since 1/1/16                                                                9/27/17 we have a heart beat!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy TrackerBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Thanks @ladystinson- I ended up finding some Cupshe two piece bathing suits on Amazon that have sports bra type tops so they feel more supportive and then I got a swim shirt to wear over it.
    Everything I got I think I will be able to use after the baby.

My hope is that between now and the trip my bump starts looking more like a baby and less like a beer gut in a swimsuit. In maternity clothes I look pregnant but a bathing suit it would be easy to think I just let myself go. With the swimshirt on though I think it is pretty obvious I am pregnant. 
  • Options
    I got one last winter from motherhood maternity. Not expensive and I wore it post birth too (to help cover the post baby belly and nursing boobs!)
  • Options
    Mbf just wore a sports bra and bike shorts....that's what I plan on doing because it's the gym, and I really don't care.  Maybe if they're lucky I will throw on a tank top over everything.