March 2018 Moms

PGAL Check In 16 January

I’m sorry that I missed posting this last week ladies but I missed seeing updates from everyone!

General TW for this thread! For anyone who has experienced a loss and wants to connect. 

How far along are you?

How are you feeling this week? (Dear Diary posts are encouraged here)

Any appointments coming up?

GTKY: What style do you most identify with when decorating your house? Like farmhouse, boho, modern, urban... etc. 

Re: PGAL Check In 16 January

• How far along are you?
    33 weeks and baby is a pineapple. 

My left hip has been giving me trouble for a while now but in the past three days I can barely walk and the pain has wrapped around to the inside of my thigh. So many movements cause me pain and I can’t even stand to sit on the yoga ball. Otherwise, I feel super tired and “hungover” when I wake up in the mornings and then I have so much heartburn/acid reflux/gerd at night I have trouble falling asleep. Lol. Gotta love the third trimester. my only fear right now is really preterm labor... and I have this irrational fear that I’m going to go into labor early with this LO. He moves a lot so no scares as far as him not moving and meeting kick counts right now. Time is getting short and I’m feeling more pressure to do the nursery—but I’m reluctant for no real reason either. 

My next OB appointment is a regular one on the 25th. I had an appointment last week with the PA and everything was fine. Heartbeat was good. Measurements were normal. I’m looking forward to talking to my regular OB this next time though. 

GTKY: What style do you most identify with when decorating your house? Like farmhouse, boho, modern, urban... etc. 
    I guess I’ve always had kind of my own style of hodge podge this and that but since I’ve been nesting and minimalizing, I’m kind of drawn to the farmhouse look and simplicity. I like the white or gray backgrounds and how simple it is to decorate. 
  • How far along are you?
    33+5! Getting soooo close to the end!

Feeling mostly good. The fatigue is back in a major way which makes nesting hard lol and it doesn’t help that I have to get up like 6 times a night to pee! Still having contractions but nothing consistent thankfully. 

I’m waiting to hear from my new doctor?? I’m being transferred to a different one since I’m hoping for a VBAC and my usual OB isn’t with a hospital that allows them. So I’m anxiously waiting for the new doctor to call and schedule an appointment. 

I’m honestly all over the place lol our bedrooms are all pretty nerdy (DS’s room is Marvel, our bedroom is Doctor Who, and our game room is all over the place with nerdy stuff), but the rest of the House I like simple, elegant, classic!
  • Loading the player...
  • @BrittnieMariee oh I really hope you get your vbac!
  • How far along are you?
    35+1

I’m tired, sore, and anxious. About everything. Pregnancy, the kids, getting the nursery done and hopefully buying the car seat... ahhh!! 

Next week, last 2 week check up before weekly appts start! Crazy. 

Hmm... No real style I guess.. neutral colors throughout though for the most part. Whites, greys, tans.. boring! 
  • @mdfarmchick thank you! I’m hopeful! Although the doctor I saw last week told me that if I don’t go in to spontaneous labor by 39 weeks I’m basically guaranteed a RCS and it kind of freaked me out. Ugh. 
  • mdfarmchickmdfarmchick member
    edited January 2018
    @BrittnieMariee will they give you the option to try an induction first? My friend had the number one OB here for her VBAC and VBAC2 and he induced her at 39 weeks both times ((edit: not Thomas autocorrect. Times)) with the foley and then the cervix ripener ((I can’t remember what it’s called)).

@chasingroygbiv have you decided on a car seat?? I’m sure you’ll have everything ready when LO gets here. <3
  • @mdfarmchick they do allow inductions but they said that using pitocin doubles the chance of uterine rupture and that makes me insanely nervous :/ they don’t allow cervidil which I’m okay with since that’s the medication that made my labor with DS so awful!
  • How far along are you? 29+3

How are you feeling this week? (Dear Diary posts are encouraged here) Physcially my refux is so bad I wake up choking on vomit most nights... and I have such a bad varicose veins in the WORST area and I mean worst- I seriously look like i I have balls... never had this in my 20 something pregnancies but this has plagued my 40 year old pregnancies...Mentally and Emotionally I am a complete mess. I feel like Mars was taken from us, and he was our only child together, Jose's only child... what if Nova is taken from us too... I don't know if I shared the DNA results from the post mortem, but I think the results have put me into a tailspin after digesting them a few weeks.  If I didn't share already, Mars had a very rare inherited cardiac channelopathy that although rare in the general population (1 in 200,000) it happens in about 1 in 10 SIDS, SUDC and adult sudden death cases.  Jose has the same thing as do one of his parents (both still alive) so we can't say for sure this is what it was but there is one hell of a correlation.  Nova has a 50/50 chance of having it too.  All this plus the fact that I really don't feel this kid move much is driving me insane... If I didn't have the doppler I'd be really a mess.  I cannot wait to get to the MFM on Monday - cannot come soon enough...!

Any appointments coming up? MFM on Monday and those Thursday Makena shots...

GTKY: What style do you most identify with when decorating your house? Like farmhouse, boho, modern, urban... etc. great question!  BOHO eclectic for sure.  I'm a hippie at heart.

Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Mars Florencio 11/15/16 - 3/6/17
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18
  • @senora76 oh man. I’m sorry that you have so much to process. I remember a few weeks ago you said you felt like Mars was watching over you... I hope you can find that reassurance again this week. 
  • Ps, I read this just now and it resonated:

I noticed though, around the first edges of spring, that I was starting to feel different. Not better, forget better, better is beside the point. Different, that’s reasonable. Because you may never feel better. I don’t. That’s the other thing about having a miscarriage: a miscarriage may very well start to have you. It robs you physically, emotionally, ransacks your gut and your heart. Then it sets its sights on your head. Miscarriage will rummage through all of your drawers. Having taken much of your dignity, some of your dreams, and more tears than you can count, it looks for what else it can steal.

#ccarchives credit April Hoss
  • @mdfarmchick Chicco Keyfit 30. Darn thing never did go on sale anywhere, but a couple places have the random 20% off code, just hoping I don’t end up with a nearly expired seat again if I go somewhere that offers the 20%, wouldn’t that be my luck?! Thanks Target and Chicco for being such a rip off and so unhelpful now! Ugh.

@senora76 That is so tough and definitely a lot to take in and have on your shoulders. Can Nova be tested at birth? You may have already covered this and I could’ve missed it, but is there anything you can do for this? So many hugs.
  • @chasingroygbiv yes she can and will be tested at birth... they also gave me the option of an amnio, but I don’t want to take the risk because we have no intention to terminate.  the tricky thing is this doesnt cause sudden death for everyone... DH has it too, as do one of his parents.  they recommend we all take infant cpr and we are using an owlet...   I think im just hopeful that she doesnt have it... so hoping to get peace of mind from the test.  a lot to digest...
    Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18
  • How far along are you? 32 + 6

How are you feeling this week? (Dear Diary posts are encouraged here) I'm feeling good physically - a little extra hormonal, but it is what it is.  Mentally, I am just SO damn impatient for this little girl to be here (although I obviously want her to come as close to 40 weeks as possible for her health's sake).  It is hard to think logically since I want her here so desperately.

Any appointments coming up? Had a regular check-up with my ob yesterday, and all is well!  Next appointment is in two weeks (and then I'm on the weekly cycle!).

GTKY: What style do you most identify with when decorating your house? Like farmhouse, boho, modern, urban... etc.  I have no style and no clear knowledge of style.  I like things to be clean and comfortable.

@mdfarmchick - I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain - I hope it gets better!  The quote you posted really resonates with me too, and I'm glad you shared it.  One of the thoughts that kept running through my head following our losses was "This never will have not happened to me" - I still worry about what it means to live with these losses and how much they've changed life for my husband and me.

@senora76 - I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through mentally and emotionally.  I wish there was some sort of comfort I could offer, and I hope you find some through Mars's memory, the hope of Nova, or something else. <3
  • @ashtuesday thanks. I also feel the same way—ready for LO to be here and also wanting him to be as close to 40 weeks. Lol. 
  • @ashtuesday the last part of the pregnancy I get SOOOO impatient... I don't want too early of a baby like my second was, but I just wish I could hit the fast forward button...  I feel you.
    Mama to:
    Zane William 9/17/03
    Vance Xenophon 5/17/06
    Nova Marsela 3/14/18