Babies on the Brain

Weekly Chat - 1/15

How's everything going with everyone?

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve
BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020

Re: Weekly Chat - 1/15

• Spending my day off supervising water damage removal and plumbing repairs... I always feel like I’m being scammed when I deal with repair people, but I’m not climbing under the house to see for myself.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Well, that's annoying! I hope the repairs aren't too expensive, and that they don't scam you.
  • Loading the player...
  • @dreamscapes_ we’ve got some coverage from homeowners insurance and a home warranty policy, but we’ll still probably be in this for $1000+. At this point I just hope it all gets done today so I don’t have to take time off work.
  • @meggyme I'm glad you'll at least have some assistance with the bill, but that's still a lot. FX that they get everything done!
  • @dreamscapes_ so we ended up not needing to pay anything for the plumbing bc the warranty covered it. Still waiting to hear about the water damage cleanup. They need to come back and do some more work, but we shouldn’t be out more than $1000 for our deductible.
  • maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited January 2018
    @meggyme Ugh, sorry you're having to deal with plumbing stuff. That's one of the things that scares me the most about home ownership (lifelong renter here!) Glad it won't be more than $1000 for the water damage at least and nothing out of pocket for the plumbing!

Hi all! I've been MIA because I started working on a new show that is INSANE. We've been doing intensive training for the last week or so and I've had no internet time basically. There is generally no training for any other show, but this one is very particular and runs 24 hours a day (eek!) so it's pretty crazy. And once we start filming at the very end of January, I will basically be working 12-16 hour days and one stretch where I work 8 days in a row! But, at least, it's a very short show and I'll be done the third week of February. I am trying to psych myself up to enjoy the chaos, since it's a good show for my resume and the people I work with are really nice, but I am kind of dreading it, yikes!

But in good news we have officially started TTC!  This is my fertile window week, according to fertility friend, so we are trying to HIO as much as possible even though I'm exhausted, haha. I just keep telling myself everything will be calmer by the third week of February and I can catch up on sleep/exercise/internet/life, haha.

Hope you guys are all doing well!
  • @maureenmce yay for TTC! At least all that work will make the time fly. It’s good that it’s such a great group of people and resume builder.
  • @meggyme Ugh that sounds terrible, especially on your day off! FX it gets fixed! Yay for warranties! We just used our home warranty for the first time but their customer service was a nightmare...
    @maureenmce Definitely sounds busy - good luck! Also YAY for TTC!! All the positive vibes for you.

I have a question for those of you that temp/chart... I just started Jan 2nd and have temped every day. If I take my temperature at the exact same time (5:45 AM), I have had the EXACT same temperature (97.70) for the last two weeks straight. It only varied slightly if I took it 2 hours later (97.72). This seems insane to me from the few charts that I've looked at - it seems like everyone's temp varies a little every day. I've even taken my temp later in the afternoon just to confirm that the thermometer is working and I get something different. Does anyone else have insanely consistent temps or is it just me? I'm hoping that I'll be able to notice a temp shift sometime soon!
  • @dogmomma271 our warranty company is a pain to deal with too. Is your thermometer new? Sometimes that happens when they start to die. The temps should shift around a little bit. Otherwise you are the most even temperatures person I’ve ever heard of!
  • @meggyme Yes I just bought it since I wanted to start charting once I stopped taking BC! Very strange - my chart is literally a horizontal line so far. Hoping for something to change soon!
  • After some googling I noticed a few other people had the same issue, and one mentioned having to hold down the button on the BBT to get it to recall an earlier temp... no idea why just pushing the button instead of holding it makes it always show 97.70... Oops! Guess my chart is no good lol
  • @dogmomma271 My thermometer has 97.70 as the "default" temp when you turn it on too. It also does the thing where you have to hold it down to see the last temp. A couple of times I've gotten 97.70 as my actual temp and been very suspicious, haha. 

@maureenmce Yay TTC! And wow your schedule sounds wild. The craziness will be worth it and like @meggyme said the time will fly by. 

@meggyme Hope they get the water damage cleaned up for you quickly. I also don't trust repair people much, I try to make them explain everything to me so it sounds like I'm not gonna let them get away with stuff.

@dreamscapes_ How are you doing?  I was MIA for last week's chat but I did get to see your updates.

Hey everyone! I've been sort of in and out the last few weeks just because of life busy-ness. DH and I are helping out with a big project at our church and it has been eating up a lot of our after-work time. Things have gotten slightly delayed though so we have some unexpected free time for the next week or so, which is lovely. :) They're calling for snow here overnight and into tomorrow... it doesn't usually snow much where I live so this is exciting and different for us southerners, haha. I'm undecided if I'll go into work tomorrow or not... we never close, so I don't have my hopes up for that. If I do stay home tomorrow, I'll have to use a vacation day, which sucks, but it might be worth avoiding the stress of having to drive while it's still snowing. I keep giving myself this pep talk of "this job isn't worth sliding into a ditch for" haha.  We'll see how it is in the morning!
  • @diaphena I’m the same way with wanting things explained to me. Some people explain to me like a person and some try to dumb it down, which is annoying (I’m an engineer and have done lots of mechanical repairs at work and at home over the years).

we’re supposed to get snow too, but not much and it should all fall during the daytime.
  • @diaphena Good to know! Yeah I guess I should have read the directions more carefully, but didn’t think it would show a “default” temp... Oops. Hoping I fixed it early enough that I can still catch a temp shift - I’m really curious about how all this works since I stopped BCP last month but need more data!

We got a delay this morning that was changed last minute to a full day off - for barely a dusting of snow! Not complaining over here, we have so many days built in that we don’t have to make them up. Bring on the days off!
  • @dogmomma271 @meggyme We ended up getting a lot more snow than they called for... in fact it's still coming down now. My office ended up closing for the first time in the 2 years I've worked there and I dunno if I'll even be able to get out there tomorrow. Not that I would mind another day off :)
  • @diaphena ours started coming down this afternoon. They’re predicting 1-3” for us. As of right now my office is still open, but a lot of the schools are already closed in the area.
  • @diaphena and @meggyme - I'm near Chicago. We keep getting emails from other locations south of us closing down for weather and it makes me laugh. It'd have to snow A LOT for that to happen here!! Stay safe on the roads if you have to venture out!! 
  • @meggyme Maybe you'll get a day off too :)

@kimberbeep I know, we're big babies when it comes to snow, haha. Places around here close just to keep people off the roads. The other problem we have here, besides being bad at driving in the snow, is that a lot of times it'll snow a lot and then for a few days after, the temp will be just warm enough to melt it a little and then it refreezes overnight, so the roads stay icy. It's a mess.  My plan is to stay indoors as much as possible!
  • @kimberbeep I'm in the same boat here in Denver.  All of our ATL, NC, TX, etc locations keep closing because of the weather this week.  On Monday, there were multiple sections of multiple highways closed here in town because of accidents on the ice and I got docked a sick day because I couldn't make it in!  I'm just jealous of their closures, that's all. :D  
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @diaphena @kimberbeep our area is just not prepared for snow. They do a shitty job plowing the few streets they clear and all the residential streets are left to fend for themselves. Most people don’t drive SUV’s or have 4 or all wheel drive because most of the time they don’t need it. It’s just a mess, so the few inches we’ll end up with (while laughable) will literally shut down our town. I’m still waiting to hear if my office is closed, but if it is unfortunately that means Inhave to burn a vacation day. I hope that it won’t close but there won’t be anything to do so I can just go home early.