March 2018 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 1/16

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling?

3) 
Any appointments this week coming up?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: What is some of the strangest or worst advice you've received about pregancy/mothering?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 1/16

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    32 weeks - squash

2) How are you feeling?
    Heartburn. I basically just carry a bottle of Tums with me wherever I go. And suddenly this week, picking anything up off the floor got a lot harder. Also, I'm laughing at the irony of beginning potty training with my toddler, when I am losing my bladder control.

3) 
    Any appointments this week coming up?
    Nothing this week for me.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Sick toddler who wants to be carried everywhere. So grateful she's a lightweight.

6) GTKY: What is some of the strangest or worst advice you've received about pregancy/mothering?
    The teller at the bank who told me I should keep my 6-week-old awake all day so she'd sleep all night. Because that's how it works.
    Also, I'm sure it was well-intended, or maybe I misinterpreted it, but with my first pregnancy, multiple people (including my MIL, who has birthed 7 kids) told me that as soon as I could after delivery, I should take a shower. It would make me feel so much more human to be clean, etc. Well, about 4 hours after giving birth I did take a shower, and while I did get clean, I was also a little bit horrified at the amount of blood still basically pouring from my nether regions. Not the restful, relaxing experience I was hoping for!
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 32 weeks - a squash!

2) How are you feeling?  Emotional lol.  Hormones.  Physically I feel fine =)

3) 
    Any appointments this week coming up?  None this week.  I have one next week.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? - DD keeps referring to the baby as "our baby," as in "when our baby comes out of your belly...."  I just think it's the cutest thing ever!

"Sleep when the baby sleeps."  I know the advice is well-meaning and makes total sense in principal, but in practice I just don't see it working out for me with a four year old around who constantly demands my attention and no longer naps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

Baby #2 M/C 4/5/16
  • Loading the player...
  • @citygirl17
    Yeah, it worked fine with my first, but now I'll have a newborn and a 2-year-old! I don't see it working very well, either.