June 2018 Moms
Options

Check in for June 8 - 14 Due Dates! (posted 1/11)

Hey there week 2 ladies!  

What's thumbs up for you this week?

What's thumbs down?

What's the first thing you plan to do after baby is born?

Any baby moons/trips coming up?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
Third Son - due June 9, 2018

Re: Check in for June 8 - 14 Due Dates! (posted 1/11)

• Options
    What's thumbs up for you this week?  Had some great work meetings this week.  Sometimes it's nice to be recognized for your hard work.

What's thumbs down?  I'm pretty sure there is a... critter of some sort living in our attic.  We moved into the house the week before Christmas and I hear scratches and movement coming from overhead when lying in bed at night.  I'm not thrilled with the idea of sharing a house with squirrels or raccoons or whatever the hell is up there.

What's the first thing you plan to do after baby is born?  Eat.  A huge bacon cheeseburger, cooked medium.  I'm always starved after giving birth.  Then, after getting home from the hospital I plan to have a beer (likely a Fat Tire) and pat myself on the back for a job well done.

Any baby moons/trips coming up?  No baby moon, but I have a work trip to Phoenix that I'm currently planning for a conference I go to every year.  I'll be 28 weeks during the trip, which shouldn't be too bad.  It just sucks I can't drink when that's what everyone does in the evenings. 

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • Options
    Thumbs up- we bought a new to use table for only  $200. It's fantastic, sturdy and seats 8.

Thumbs down- heartburn is back with a vengeance 

First thing after baby - Eat! 

Trips- considering a trip to San Francisco around spring break. We'll see how I'm feeling closer to then. We're only in California for 2 more years and I want to hit all of the major places before we leave because I'm sure DH won't come back. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's thumbs up for you this week? Hasn't happened yet, but we're getting a shit load of baby stuff Saturday

What's thumbs down? Lack of compliance with baby for gender. I JUST WANT TO KNOWWWWW

What's the first thing you plan to do after baby is born? I've already explained to my mum and will explain to MIL, that no visitors {except them} for roughly 2 weeks after baby's home. I want to get in routine and I've heard the mother is super exhausted. If it changes, we'll figure something out. I know people won't stay long, but if my nana comes over I won't wanna lie down.

Any baby moons/trips coming up? Nope but we're trying to figure out inexpensive things to do. So far we're hitting up Winterlude next month {ice sculptures, Beavertails, and whatever else is going on}
    I believe we're going to a museum this month but idk when, and there is a martial arts demo going on at the end of February we're gonna check out.

Otherwise nada.
    OH! We're painting next month. Baby's room and hopefully our bedroom since we're doing same colour
  • Options

@mytinc I thought we had a critter too until I realized that it was a tree branch scraping the side of our house lol

@may14th2011 have you been to Carmel?  It's just 5 miles south of Monterey and it's a pretty neat place to visit!  Beautiful shoreline and not much to do but walk around and eat :)

What's thumbs up for you this week?  I had my anatomy scan this morning and everything looked ok and we found out we're having a boy!  This was a major milestone for me and now I feel like everything is really happening.  We've settled on paint colors for baby's room (same colors we're doing all over the house so it's a big paint project, I feel you @misskittydanger!).  I have a to do list now to get the baby room empty and ready, and I'm really excited to get going on it!

What's thumbs down?  It's honestly hard to think of one right now because I'm sort of on cloud 9. 

What's the first thing you plan to do after baby is born?  I have no idea what to expect.  I think I'll just be so relieved that labor is over that I'll just want to be home do nothing but try to keep the baby alive and healthy lol.  Although a beer like @mytinc 's going to have sounds really good!

Any baby moons/trips coming up?  Nothing planned.  We take a couple trips to Carmel (west coast) each year so we'll probably do one or two of those.  We're not big vacation people in general.  My parents are going to take us on a big resort-y vacation next year though once the baby is easier to travel with. 

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RatParade, I wish it were a tree.  The noise doesn't stay in one spot... maybe it's several trees?  I'll have to look around outside when it warms up.

First Son - born 2013
  • Options
    @RatParade Urg painting. We only have 2 rooms at least, but I am legit dreading it. We're double checking measurements because last I checked we need 1.5 gallons and it's $60 per gallon *sigh*
    Painting vibes for you! {what colour are you doing?}
  • Options
    @mytinc ~ oh no! Hopefully it’s something other than critters. I used to live in the forest and we were always dealing with critters - not fun! 

@May14th2011 ~ we considered SF for our babymoon too. Do the night tour at Alcatraz. So much better than the day time one! 

@MissKittyDanger ~ My birth class instructor last pregnancy said a tip to make sure visitors don’t stay too long, just don’t put on a bra. Haha. On a more serious note, if you do have visitors, try to let them know it’s important for them to be on time if they say they will arrive at a certain time. Because I would plan for
    someone to come over, be ready, have baby napped and fed and ready and then people would be an hour or two late. And by then, baby is hungry and tired again and you are irritated at people being inconsiderate. 

@RatParade ~ Glad your anatomy Scan went well and that you are on cloud 9 :) 

What's thumbs up for you this week?
    I got my anatomy Scan scheduled for next Wednesday. So that’s exciting. Also DH and I went to the home improvement store last night and I picked out the lights he is going to build into the headboard he is building me this weekend for our bed. I’m excited that we are going to start knocking out projects in our room finally. That room got put on the back burner because it is the least visible room to others in the house. But I realized we are paying for a birth photographer, and I will likely give birth in our room, so I want it done. So he’s going to build the headboard. I’m going to refinish the night stands. He’s also going to build and instal barn doors for our closet doors (we currently have no doors on either closet since I hated the ones that were here when we bought the house, so we ripped them out). It will be nice to have it all finished! 

What's thumbs down?
    For some reason I am incredibly exhausted this week. I think it has to do with lack of quality sleep since we are transitioning DS into sleeping in his own room. Also my MIL asked if she could come visit. I said she could either next weekend or the weekend after. She somehow bullied DH into letting her come this weekend (this wasn’t Wednesday night - yay for short notice. Ugh). Then we find out yesterday that now FIL wants to come too. So my relaxing weekend where I planned to sleep all weekend is out the window. And to top it all off, DS woke up sick this morning. Sigh. 

What's the first thing you plan to do after baby is born?
    Sleep! (After eating a snack). There is a window of time right after baby is born where they are super sleepy and now will give you like a 4 hour stretch of sleep. Last time this isn’t when visitors were here and I didn’t take advantage of that sleep window. And I regret it. Because after that, you are waking baby or baby is waking every two hours to eat until they get back to birth weight. So I will be taking advantage of that magic sleep window this time. Then I will be eating a delicious meal. Not sure what yet. But it will be good! 

Any baby moons/trips coming up?
    We decided we are going to get a hotel room in Santa Cruz (Central Coast, Ca) next month and eat all the food we have been missing since we moved away. Food babymoon! And we just found out that MIL surprised us and paid for our hotel room! Which is amazing because we were considering not going on a trip at all because money is tight. So to have the biggest expense taken care of is amazing! She said since it should my birthday month, valentines and the babymoon, she wanted us to have something nice. And she is watching DS for two nights while we are away (it will be the first night he is away from both of us, ever). 
  • Options
    @BurlapandLace Haha that's brilliant!
    For the most part I can see people being nice and asking when a good time is - newborn, etc - but the odd person who wants to come and stays longer than anticipated is what I'm thinking {tbh more our friends than family} I've heard the mother is super exhausted - from delivery, not from being awake - so I just wanna assume I'm not half asleep when people come over despite I know they'd understand.
  • Options
    @misskittydanger I feel you on the expense.  We're going with black as accent walls (matte finish so it's a soft black) and light gray for the rest of the walls.  It took forever to find the right gray and we spent sooo much money on pint sized samples before we settled on one.

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RatParade hahaha we're doing a soft grey also!! I kept thinking I found the right grey, but then would find something better. I think I have a kind I like, even if I don't I know what brand I'm getting since we have a discount at that place.
  • Options
    @misskittydanger omg and the grey would look different on every wall and throughout the day!  It's practically impossible.  We actually finally settled on the one (Light French Grey) that we had initially bought haha!  I'm glad we're both done with the picking process and can finally just paint the stupid walls :D

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @RatParade I just want a soft grey. Cool grey, because I find warm grey too brown and clashes against our stuff. We're going "Lightest Grey" through Premiere brand. {majority of the colour tone of the house is grey or blue-grey}
  • Options
    @RatParade congratulations on a healthy baby boy. <3 

@MissKittyDanger that's frustrating that baby didn't cooperate. I don't care whether baby is a boy or girl really but I'm right there with you on wanting to know. Are that doing another ultrasound to check gender or is this a "tough luck you're team green till birth unless you want to have a private ultrasound done somewhere" type situation?
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger fingers crossed that you get another US to figure out baby's gender! @BurlapandLace I would have to shoot my husband.... His sister is pretty good at impromptu visits (overnighters, as they live 2.5 hours away) && it drives me insane!
    &&& yes to all the eating post baby! Slowly, so that I don't puke it all back up again.  :s

What's thumbs up for you this week? I think I finally look pregnant! I'm not a small lady & it has really just looked like I'm packing on the pounds, but it's rounding out, finally!

What's thumbs down? I am having serious issues finding motivation to get anything done. At work. At home. With the kids. I just don't wanna. 

What's the first thing you plan to do after baby is born? Absorb all my skin to skin time. My family knows we don't plan to let anyone except our other kids in to see baby the first 2 hours. Then eating while my heart explodes watching my husband and big babies fawn over our final family member. 

Any baby moons/trips coming up? Car issues ruined our trip fund..  so, maybe a trip to Detroit during spring break. Maybe. 
  • Options
    So many people are going on California vacations! I would love to do the same, though not being able to go to wineries and drink wine with my Sonoma family would be really depressing. I miss wine.

@RatParade the black and grey nursery sounds really cool, you should post photos when it's ready!

What's thumbs up for you this week? It was a good week at work, though I'm getting more anxious and ready to tell my coworkers that I'm pregnant. My boss knows, but I'm still not showing (even naked I could confuse my new look with just having eaten too many Christmas cookies) so I haven't really had to tell. But I'm making a plan for leave and work return that I want to go over with my boss before telling the whole place. So thumbs up is that I'm thinking about all this and getting it sorted out, though it is a bit stressful.

What's thumbs down? My face! My skin is freaking out, and I think it's a combo of pregnancy and Chicago winter. I'm all red and blotchy and dry!

What's the first thing you plan to do after baby is born? I have no idea! I guess I'm just anxious to figure out what works and what our routine will be. I want to try cloth diapers, and I have ideas about what will work best in terms of sleep and schedule, but I know that every baby is different and plans are just plans. But I guess first thing.. skin to skin, breastfeeding, and sleep. I heard that for the first two weeks you should try to stay in bed, and then the next two after that, try to stay on the couch. So that's a goal!

Any baby moons/trips coming up? Going to Florida in February, though that's just to visit my MIL so I don't think it counts ;) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @NamelessAria We're going for another ultrasound on the 22nd since they couldn't get leg measurements anyways and need them. I'm doing a bunch of stuff this weekend that should hopefully get baby moving, and recently noticed I get a lot of reaction from chocolate milk and nutella, so hopefully that works :')
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger that sounds like a good excuse for chocolate to me. ;) Hopefully baby isn't so modest this time. 
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @NamelessAria Right!? Stocking up on oj and chocolate milk this weekend ;) My husband was talking to coworkers and said "this is the only time I'll ask my child to uncross their legs" and got weird looks from a new person {who wasn't aware of the ultrasound let alone me expecting}
  • Options
    Thumbs up- the winter weather have gifted us 3 shorten work days this week. 
    Thumbs down- everything being closed hasn’t allowed me to handle a lot of personal stuff esp since school started back this week and I have class tomorrow night. 
    First thing after the baby is born I want to eat all the seafood. 
    Trips/baby moons- we were suppose to go on a trip next month for my birthday but pregnancy. I could do something in the states but with a baby otw I really don’t want to waste money going somewhere I really don’t want to go. 

Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM