September 2018 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Anyone have a TW in their life this week?

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    @nlc8424 I get where you're coming from and would likely feel the same way, but I'd shove those feelings as far deep down as I could and fake some compassion for the sake of my husband. I think death is different when it's an in law and you didn't grow up having that relationship. And who knows, maybe it's societal pressure they're feeling to be so sad and act the way they're acting. Who knows, either way, I'm sorry for your H's loss. 

My TW is a breakfast burrito I just bought. It was the most delicious and warm egg, cheese and tortilla until I hit what I now figured out is severely undercooked bacon. This severely triggered my nausea, but I'm still hungry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Patience7150 thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it. I'm sorry  your breakfast burrito didn't live up to your expectations, that's so disappointing!

I for sure can fake compassion when needed in front of his family, I just guess I feel bad that I don't naturally feel more sympathy in this situation. Does that make sense? My husband is not a very expressive person and doesn't often show a lot of emotion, and I'm a very empathetic person. So I tend to feed off of other people's emotions, and even though he's sad about her passing he has a hard time showing it, so I have a hard time picking up on it and responding appropriately. This is not at all an excuse to not be sympathetic, just a weird spot I find myself in.
  • Options
    @nlc8424 I get where you're coming from.  It's also challenging for me to have a lot of sympathy when someone who's had a full, long life passes. I've lost a few people who left this world way too soon. So when someone who's gotten to live well past 80 passes,  it just kind of feels like it's just a part of life. But I know a lot of people just have a hard time seeing it that way. I think they'll miss her presence there.  She was always there and now she's not.  Change is hard. At least, that's how it was when my grandma passed.  It felt empty not having her presence in the family anymore.  That's how I was able to feel that genuine sadness and sympathy toward my mom and aunt's. 

I guess my twatwaffle is this morning I woke up wanting to throw up and eat at the same time.  What is that all about? I'm so hungry and nauseous. Those ate two things that  should never happen  simultaneously. So I'm trying to figure out what to eat that won't trigger a gag reflex.
  • Options
    @nlc8424 - I totally get where you're coming from, but yeah, it seems like you just need to "fake it till you make it" when it comes to sympathy if that's the case. That's why we're here to vent to!!!

I have a twatwaffle in my life this morning. (Quick background - I work for my SIL & BIL who run several very successful Etsy shops. My H (with lots of help from me) started his own Etsy shop when we moved to a new state last year and he couldn't find a job quickly enough. It took off, and has been his full time gig since April of last year.) ANYWAYS - I sent her a link to a house I really really like (H and I are currently looking for our first home), but lamented the fact that it didn't have a workspace for H - which he desperately needs. She basically said that I probably shouldn't make that a dealbreaker because who knows if Etsy is a long term thing or not, and we shouldn't plan for it to be. UM. DUDE. Etsy is the source of BOTH my H and my income. Also my SIL & BIL, and my H's parents. In-laws have been doing it full time for about 6 years combined, and it has only grown in that time. Of course nothing is a sure thing, but this is IT for us right now, so maybe don't make me feel like our financial future is in such a risky place. She has never seemed to take this work seriously, but this annoyed me extra today.
    Engaged 12/2013
    Married 5/2015
    BFP 11/27/2015 - EDD 8/4/2016
    <3 Baby Boy born 8/13/2016 ~ 8lbs 7oz  <3
    BFP 1/6/2018 - EDD 9/19/2018

• Options
    @nlc8424 I can completely relate. And i don't think it's about it being an in-law vs. a direct relative. For some people, when old people die after a long and full life, or after a long illness, it's just not sad. I'm one of those people. 2 of my grandparents died in their 70's and 80's, both after being sick for a while. It was very sad when they got sick, but it was peaceful when they died for me, not sad. I'm sad when someone dies suddenly and didn't experience a full life, not when someone dies when they're ready to die after living a full life. Of course I'll miss them when they're gone, but it's just not "sad" for me that way. 
  • Options
    My eye doctor. I have an appt tomorrow morning and have received count them -7- confirmation calls since Friday. Wtf?!?? Stop blowing up my phone after the first voicemail. 
  • Options
    @yogapants247 booo to your twatwaffle! Even if you both get out of Etsy in the future he still needs the space now. I've also never heard anyone complain about having workspace in their home so it's not even a weird thing on the must have list.

My twatwaffle is my project team. Our project with deliverable is due mid March and I don't think they grasp how fast that is coming or how much work we actually need to do. Fingers crossed we get it together
  • Options
    nlc8424nlc8424 member
    edited January 2018
    @yogapants247 and @MandyMost I'm glad you both understand, thanks again for letting me vent! 

Also, @yogapants247, I would be seriously miffed if someone made that kind of comment to me regarding my employment.  Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but you don't act like it's bound to fail in order to be successful. Guess she doesn't need to be included in the house hunting process.

Ugh, @EErin86, it's so tough having to rely on multiple people for project work with a quickly approaching deadline. Good luck getting everything done!
  • Options
    My Twatwaffle is the home birth midwife that rejected me today. She told me that having a home birth after a c section just isn't safe (even though there's plenty of research that says it can be!), and urged me to just get on board with hospitals.

Sigh. It's one thing to turn me down, that's her right. I just didn't need the negativity or argument. 

I'm only going to a hospital in a true emergency, not just as a matter of course.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pourmeamocktail Sorry you are already experiencing drama with your healthcare providers. Hope you have better luck with the next one you try!