June 2018 Moms

DD Check-in Third Week of June (w/o 1.11)

Due June 15th-22nd? Come hang out with us!

How are you feeling this week?

Have you felt any baby movements yet?

What's the first thing you have bought or plan to buy for baby? 

Any other questions/comments?
*TW LC*
Me & MH: 32
DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
TTC #2: 12/2019
Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

Re: DD Check-in Third Week of June (w/o 1.11)

• Thanks @krashke for starting this one for us! 

Feeling okay. I feel like I had a ton of energy last week and then this week I’m tired all the time. On Wednesday I almost fell asleep at the dinner table and did in my chair afterwards. I said to DH that I don’t remember being this tired last time but he says I was so he’s probably right and I just don’t remember. 

Yes, but they come and go. Lately, the place I feel them the most is sitting in the bathtub at night. 

I don’t need a lot because I kept everything from DS. If it’s a girl I’ll want some girl clothes. The main things I’ll need though is a second crib, a dresser, and a double stroller. 

I’m just so curious to know if we have a boy or a girl this time. I’d be excited for different reasons for either, and I don’t really have a preference. I just wanna know! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How are you feeling this week?

Better than I have in awhile. I am going to start working out again next week since my morning sickness has stopped for the most part. 

Yes- Not consistently though. Mostly at night while I am laying down.

Nothing yet. We are waiting until we find out boy or girl. We have discussed picking up diapers every time we hit the store though. There is a good consignment sale in April so we pick up some things there. 

We have names picked out and now I am impatiently waiting to find out what we are having. 18 more days. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @Austenista no prob! I waited a day because I feel like I start a lot of thread sometimes and I wanted someone else due the third week to feel free to post it but I was sick of waiting while the other weeks all got on with their check-ins lol

How are you feeling this week? good I have been having more aches and pains particularly in my back and hips. I might need to start a nightly bath routine too! 

Have you felt any baby movements yet? I think I may have felt some flutters but as a FTM it's hard to say. I can't wait until I can really feel baby partying in there! I'm sure MH will have fun when he can feel it too. 

What's the first thing you have bought or plan to buy for baby?  I bought a couple books on Amazon to get to $10 on my registry to get the baby box. We will probably pick out our crib soon, which my mom wants to buy us, and then we will start buying the furniture for the nursery. 

Any other questions/comments? I don't think so 
    *TW LC*

• helenbzhelenbz member
    edited January 2018
    Good! Just super congested! 

Yes! Felt it about a week ago and have been feeling it pretty consistently since then. OB confirmed it was movement because I wasn’t really sure (FTM) haha

I don’t know. In Scotland it’s a superstition not to buy for baby before they are born, but since I don’t have family here in Alaska, I’ll probably have to start buying some things! Plus I’m not superstitious...it’s also just a cultural thing. I’m not sure yet though.

ive been thinking a lot about gender recently and the way we condition boys and girls from before they are born. We’re having a boy and I want to honor that that is his biological sex while not forcing gender stereo types on him from day 1. I work in Domestic Violence prevention and building resilience in kids and so I know that acceptance of gender stereotypes is a risk factor for violence and suicide in later life. My girls programs work with 3rd grade girls to try and address this for our girls to help them navigate it. I suppose I’m just planning for how to help this little one navigate that when the expectations start to shift for baby before they are even born. For instance, I’m 5ft 10 and slim and my husband is 6ft4 and slim/athletic. I can’t tell you the amount of times we’ve been told that our baby will be a model if theyre a girl and a basketball player if they are a boy. It’s all in good humor...but still, messaging we give kids about what we expect from them, matters. I imagine this will be an ongoing thing for me to navigate thoughtfully.
  • @krashke I was kind of holding out too because one of the last times you and I accidentally did the thread at the same time. Feast or famine with this third week thread!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @helenbz I think that it is great that you are already starting to think of how you can address to those stereotypes and gender roles. Your job sounds very challenging but rewarding. I think one of the reasons we are team green is to avoid a lot of the gendering that happens even before baby is born. 
    *TW LC*

• ramblebeeramblebee member
    edited January 2018
    @krashke agree and yes @helenbz, these are things I think about all the time. I work with a really diverse population in my job including transgender and lgbtqa+ individuals and have had convos with MH about being team green and allowing for our child to show us / tell us who they are over time. 
  • @krashke @ramblebee Ok good! I’m glad it’s not just me :smile: I was initially having a hard time feeling like this whole becoming a mother thing was real, so finding out the sex became a way to kind of find out more about the baby inside of me...but I can see that it also speeds up the gendered nature of how people address my pregnancy and my motherhood experience...before it’s even really started. What are some ways you plan to give your baby the room to explore gender while honoring that though things are progressing, our children are being born into a world that still exists in the gender binary. I know that how and if we choose do that is part of our responsibility to honor each other and stop putting people into boxes that suffocate all of us. I think about it a lot. Especially because hubby and I both identify with and express our biological sex and are heterosexual, and because though hubby respects that this is important to me, he doesn’t necessarily consider if of the same importance.
  • How are you feeling this week? Actually feeling pretty darn good these days. I feel like the weird insomnia that has been haunting me the past few weeks has gotten better. The only struggle I'm really having is constipation and the RLP is really kicking into high gear. 

Have you felt any baby movements yet? Every once in a while I'll feel her moving around in there.  Sometimes I can't tell if it's some other thing going on, or baby but I have absolutely felt her a few times.  I'm excited to regularly feel her. That is my favorite part about being pregnant.

What's the first thing you have bought or plan to buy for baby?  I bought burp cloths that went on sale that I had on some wishlist from my last kid that I really wanted.  They dropped from like $18 to $5 so I went for it. DH didn't even give me a hard time for it either.  I did go through on Amazon and make a private baby registry yesterday.  We don't need too much for this baby, but it's nice to get things in mind. It's been 5 years since I had my last baby so some stuff is different now.  I don't plan on having a shower or anything for this baby, but I know people will ask what we need and at least now I have a compiled list to share with them.

Any other questions/comments?  I have a really hard time keeping up with all the activity and rules on this board but I want you all to know how much I enjoy popping over here every so often to see what everyone else is experiencing. Even though this is round 3 for me, you forget between pregnancies what is going on and what is happening so it's really nice to have a place to be reminded of the excitement and change that comes along with being pregnant.

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • @helenbz same for all of that including MH's opinion. I guess I don't really have a plan other than being open to whatever my child wants to explore and encouraging exploring all things. For example, I took ballet as a child and I really liked it, I will probably have my child take ballet regardless of sex. We are a big hockey area so MH is excited to teach our kids to play hockey. One thing that I think is important is the ability to feel your emotions. I think men and women typically shelter their emotions in different ways so I will encourage my kids to feel sad or angry and talk about why they are feeling that way and how they can manage their feelings. 
    *TW LC*

• @helenbz I have a great appreciation for the thought you are putting into your child's gender and all the stereotypes attached to each gender.  I have had the experience of having a girl and a boy already. My husband and I absolutely took a more gender neutral approach with both kids and let them just develop into who they are. I am definitely more of a "tom boy" type and it's been interesting to see my daughter, even at a VERY young age, be drawn to things that are very stereotypically girly.  She LOVES pink and has since she could express that feeling.  She would wear a dress every single day and she loves playing with dolls and "girl toys". My son, while he has a great appreciation for the girl stuff of the world because he's got a sister who is very outgoing with her love of those things, is drawn to Tractors and machines that are more stereotypically boy things.  My husband and I have just kind of sat back and let them find their interests and support them where we can.  They both have absolutely without a doubt associated their gender with the sex they were born with.  Our #3 is a girl and I'm curious what kind of personality and interests she's going to have since she will have both the influence of her brother and sister.

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13
  • @helenbz I also don't have a plan necessarily, but I am striving to be intentional and conscious about words and actions. Being open, listening, and supportive will be key. Later on I look forward to challenging perspectives and privilege. I do a lot of advising and personal development in my work so I like having those kinds of conversations.
  • How are you feeling this week?
    Dunno if I had a stomach bug earlier this week or what, but I felt terrible on Tuesday. I stupidly thought MS was gone, but now I'm not so sure. 

I've been feeling the baby for about a week or so, mostly after eating. 

The only thing I plan on buying is diapers. 

My daughter is a princess; she loves pink, dresses, and (play) makeup. She also loves fishing, wearing camo, and went rabbit hunting w/DH on Christmas Eve (she insisted that he take a picture of her holding the rabbit, which she later devoured.)  
    My son is still little, but when he gets older, I want him to be able to feel comfortable dressing like a princess, if he wants, or playing with his sister's toys. 
    The only reason we are finding our the sex of #3 is that DD told me at the first u/s, seconds after finding out about this baby, that it's a boy and she's going to name him Joey. I told her that the baby might not be a boy, to which she replied "I'm gonna name it a boy anyway." I would like to give her a little time to adjust if that is not the case, as she is very concerned with gender roles right now.

• buffalove1211buffalove1211 member
    edited January 2018
    How are you feeling this week? Feeling good! I am letting the scale mess with my head. I can logically tell myself weight doesn't matter, but when I weighed myself yesterday and I was 2 pounds heavier in a day I cannot help but play mind games. And then today when the 2 pounds are gone, I feel light as a feather. It is so stupid, but it is too ingrained in me at this point to change my ways.

Have you felt any baby movements yet? Yes! It started on NYE and I've been feeling it ever since. Best feeling in the entire world.

What's the first thing you have bought or plan to buy for baby? We are having a boy and I already have a girl, so I bought some blue SwaddleMe's! Target suckered me by having that little "only few left in stock!" note.

@krashke Feel free to start away! I never start threads so I am no help. We need you lol.

@helenbz Oh my gosh I feel ya on the congestion! I had it BAD and now that I finally have relief, I feel like I have never appreciated breathing so much. I did what you are advised against doing and I used Affrain longer than I should have and it made me 10x worse before I cut it cold turkey.

Edited because my formatting went psycho.
  • @kfren Joey could be a really cute girl's name too
    *TW LC*

• @krashke But her name is Phoebe. I just don't know if I could do Phoebe and Joey.
    oh no idiot GIF
  • @kfren I mean of all of the Friends combinations that is probably the best one!
    *TW LC*

• Lol amazing combo!
  • @krashke One of my favorite things about the school my kids both go to (my daughter is in 1st grade, son is in pre-K) is that both schools use the Social Emotional Learning curriculum.  It helps them learn about emotions at a very young age and being able to identify what they are feeling and also be able to pick up on some social cues of how their peers are feeling and how best to respond to the emotions of others around them.  We absolutely did not have anything like this growing up and I LOVE that my kids are learning this at such a young age. The awareness they are getting out of it is irreplaceable. 

@kfren I love that my kids interchange toys all the time.  My son will sit down and play Barbies with my daughter, but he'll figure out a way to make it fun for him. The other day he decided that the Barbies needed to have a fireworks show while they ate their fancy dinner she had set up - so he rolled his big Tonka trucks in and put on a fireworks show for his sister.  But he also walks around with a purple bunny under his arm most of the time that he's lovingly named Mommy Bunny and he is so sweet and tender with this bunny.  I think it's just who he is, but I also think having the influence of a sister around has been so good for his personality development in being a sweet sensitive loving little boy.

Joey and Phoebe would be the BEST name combo ever! hahaha.  My husband and I are joking about what we'll name baby sister. Our daughter's name is Cadence and I keep pushing Melody for baby sister. He just kicked it up to the next level and suggested Melody Octave as her name.  Ahhh...this poor baby is going to end up with some crazy name to go along with this crazy family.

EDD 6/18/18
    DD=10/5/10 DS=4/9/13

• How are you feeling this week? I’m feeling good just really tired. My appetite hasn’t been great but I’m hoping it will return before the week is over. I have started working out again like @Xtabbikatx . It’s been helping with the energy.

Have you felt any baby movements yet? I feel butterflies and some very light kicks occasionally. I was told my placenta is anterior so it may take longer to feel stronger kicks.

What's the first thing you have bought or plan to buy for baby? I haven’t bought anything yet. We are also waiting until delivery to find out the sex which I never did with my other two. But I’m starting to browse unisex items. I’m excited to buy something. It’s crazy to think at the end of this month we will be half way there! 

Any other questions/comments? All I want to wear are leggings and sweats. Lol. As soon a s I get home from work I change in to them. I’m all about comfort right now. Is your pregnancy style more comfort or style? I’m hoping I get motivated to get stylish when the warmer weather comes. 

• How are you feeling this week? I thought I was feeling waaaay better, and hadn't been puking but every few days. The last 4 days have been puke fests. Today I also had a crazy bloody nose. Other than that I feel ok, tired, but no other issues. 

Have you felt any baby movements yet? Maybe? I think a couple times I have? It bothers me that I don't feel her because I'd like to think I have really good body awareness, haha.

We just bought two (used) dressers. One will work as a changing table and then can go back to being a regular dresser. They are solid maple and really cute. I also got MH a Grateful Dead onesie for Xmas that is adorable. (It's so little!!)

@helenbz I completely agree about gendering. We found out because I'm 35 and frankly I was completely freaked out about abnormatlities so we did the early blood work. As soon as people find out it's a girl, it's all "ooh! A little princess". No, it's a baby. My SIL even said she thinks it's hilarious we are having a girl because MH is an athlete. Why is that funny? Girls can like sports and be athletes. I reminded her I went to undergrad on a D1 athletic scholarship. Ugh. Most of our close friends and family know that I'd prefer gender neutral things, but I'm sure gender roles will be thrust upon her immediately. We plan to let her be who she wants to be. 
  • How are you feeling this week?  Feeling great!  It's weird I have some days that I am super tired and others not so much.  My energy was super low in the first trimester and I thought I was past that once I got into the second trimester, but I still have my tired days.

Have you felt any baby movements yet?  I don't know!  It's frustrating not knowing for sure if I'm feeling baby or not.  There are times when I think it might be baby but I haven't felt anything that I know for sure is baby.  Trying to remind myself that since I'm a FTM it might be a little while still.

What's the first thing you have bought or plan to buy for baby?  We haven't bought anything yet but our relatives have already gifted us a few things for baby.  For Christmas my parents gave us a really nice jogging stroller that has an attachment for a car seat.

Any other questions/comments?  Starting to look at day care options and feeling a little overwhelmed.  My husband doesn't work full time and we'll have some help from our parents but it's still hard to pick from a pool of strangers to watch your baby!

Also I just realized nobody has posted since the 12th but I didn't see a new thread yet so I went ahead and posted here!