Single Parents
Options

Single mom, baby dad cheated

So my baby’s dad and I are no longer together. He decided to cheat on me. He also doesn’t believe that the baby is his. So now he wants a paternity test. He wants to continue to attend the ultrasounds, but I don’t want him to if he hasa doubt in his mind that this baby isn’t his. Can my baby have my last name and not his if he really is the father? Can I still get child support? 

Re: Single mom, baby dad cheated

• Options
    It doesn't matter if the baby has your last name or his regarding child support.  All the courts need is a paternity test proving he is the one who is the father and therefore responsible for payment.

I would also tell him that he is not allowed at the ultrasounds if he does not believe this baby is his.  If he wants part in anything baby, he has to admit that this baby is his.  There is no compromise here. If he wants to wait for a paternity test, he can wait for the baby to be born.  This is all you right now.  You do what is most comfortable and least stressful for you.  You need to be focused on making sure baby is healthy, part of that is cutting out stressful things, like this dude. 

Sorry about your situation.  My ex left us when I was 2.5mo along after he started dating a girl behind my back, so I feel you.  Sending you lots of hugs.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    osartaosarta member
    edited June 2021
    Well, online dating is a good way to find a soulmate. My friend met her husband online and got married in 6 months. They are still happy many years later. Today everyone uses social media so just choose the best dating website and enjoy. For example, I checked silversingles reviews here.