June 2018 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday [1/9/18]

No MBF, so lets hear them today ladies - who/what is your Tuesday twatwaffle?? 

Me: 28 | Husband: 39
Married March 2016
DD: born 7.22.16
DS EDD: 6.23.18
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday [1/9/18]

• Options
    My insurance adjuster.  We're on day 11 without water and the dude isn't answering his phone because he's sick and told DH to call him tomorrow.

• Options
    @becca_123 no water for 11 days?!?  Heads would roll - I wouldn’t even play with that guy anymore, I would go straight to his boss!  That’s beyond unacceptable.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @becca_123 Isn't there a law about that? I would look it up .... and a new insurance adjuster.

Can my baby be a twatwaffle before being born? I'm still irked from yesterday's lack of anatomy scan lol
    It's completely a first world problem, but I was so excited to find out!
  • Options
    My Twat waffle is my DH, as I am  2 weeks away from my 90 day probation at my new job being up. But I am a STM at 17w and looking rather pregnant... BUT I cannot tell them, yet. He is afraid I will be laid off... and we will be back to 1 income. Something we are both sensitive about. So here I am, hiding my belly, not wearing maternity looking clothes, making sure I speak to everyone dead on, or seated, and sucking in my gut (as best I can) when I walk around and hiding my "fit my belly" coat insert. Le Sigh. 8 more work days until I can share. (I will be 19 weeks +)

Mama to a wonderful DD - Sep 2015, Wife to my DH since 2011, 2 dogs, a cat, and hoping to add No. 2 in May/June 2018. Canadian.
    5 - IUIs, 3 - IVF retrievals, 2- failed transfers (fresh, and frozen), PGS on second IVF resulted in 1 perfect emby, and DD. 
    3rd IVF w PGS resulted in 3! perfect embys. 1st transfer - Sep 2017 2 more on ice. 
  • Options
    Omg @becca_123 I can’t believe you’re still dealing with that mess! Like @Miz_Liz said... I think you need to speak to someone above and beyond, and don’t give them any options other than taking care of it immediately! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    @rnielsen321 you are almost there! Extra big comfy sweaters for a few more days.
  • Options
    @Miz_Liz @MissKittyDanger @lisa2589 Thanks.  Well they HAVE been out already to "inspect" but they're supposed to be calling a drain tech to come out with a camera to find out where the leak is at, but they haven't said when he's coming   :(  And it's been a week since they first came so we're trying to find that out.  We willctry again today and go above if necessary.  No water is hard!  I've said screw it a couple times and turned the water on to shower because I'm sick of going to the gym every day to shower.  

@MissKittyDanger Totally acceptable! He/she will have to redeem his/herself if you get another one by offering some really cute shots!

@rnielsen321 The wait is almost over!  Hang in there.
  • Options
    Grr our electric company! Supposedly our meter has been “sticky” making our readings lower than they should be, so they are going to back bill us for a couple months on top of what we’ve already paid, based on some kind of average. They should have caught this months ago and replaced the meter instead of now sending me a big bill after the fact! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lisa2589 Grrr!  Sorry that happened to you  :( Utilites suck, that's for sure.  A similar thing happened to me once but it was opposite.  We got an extraordinarily high bill (like $400 when our bills were $80 at the time) and I called and they said if was probably a mistake and the difference would be averaged out and credited to our next few bills.  Still had to pay the $400 though.  Utility companies never seem to have a sense of customer service  :(
  • Options
    @lisa2589 That's really frustrating!  Those unexpected expenses can really throw off your budget!  Especially right after Christmas when I feel like things are always a little tighter.  

@becca_123 NO WAY would that fly with me either!!  I would be SO frustrated and demanding a solution/resolution immediately.  That's ridiculous!  11 days is a long time!! 

@MissKittyDanger That is frustrating!  Hopefully you'll get another scan soon so you can find out!!  

Mine is the impending snow storm...I will be a conference so if we do get a snowstorm and out of school I won't get to be at home with my babies...I'll be stuck at this conference.  (I work at a school so a snow day for teachers = a snow day for me!)  

BFP #1 October 2008 | m/c Thanksgiving weekend | November 2008 | 7 weeks 2 days
    BFP #2 February 2009 | m/c March 2009 | 4 weeks 3 days
    Testing on mom and dad for possible reasons all came back normal.
    BFP #3 8/4/2009 | DD born 3/28/10 @ 38 weeks
    BFP #4 5/13/11 | m/c 6/15/11 | 8 weeks 6 days
    BFP #5 2/13/13 | CP 2/19/13 | 4 weeks 
    BFP #6 3/21/14 | Heard the HB on 4/16 | m/c 4/21/14 | 9 weeks
    Testing results all returned normal and baby was a GIRL.
    More testing on mom and dad for other issues all returned normal results.
    BFP #7 10/15 | DS born 6/4/16 @ 36 weeks 
    BFP #8 9/28/17 AHHH!!!  |  EDD 6/6/18

"Dear Lord, I would have loved to have held my babies on my lap & tell them about you, but since I didn't get the chance, would you please hold them on your lap & tell them about me?"
    All are welcome!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @becca_123 glad they're getting it fixed, but still ridiculous it's taking this long. If your adjuster is sick, he should find someone else to help you asap :\

Hoping baby redeems them self next appt when they try again for lower body measurements and anatomy scan lol!
  • Options
    @lisa2589 so not fair! I feel like if ya snooze, ya lose. That's really crappy the way they can just lay it on whenever they want. 

@becca_123 nothing to add that everyone else hasn't said, but seriously, wtf. I hope you get resolution fast bc that's not right. 

I don't have any twat waffles yet today, but I'm getting ready to leave for work, so there goes that. 
  • Options
    I wrote this whole thing about this morning. Its so stupid. I cannot even type it all out.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Options
    Mine is I had to go into work an hour early, but of course didn't get to leave an hour early, so when I finally left I found out I had a flat tire. And I don't think pregnant ladies should change flats? 
  • Options
    Not directed toward a specific TW but just several people in general- when people ask me how the baby’s doing. Hold on a minute, let me just ask him/her. Like I feel them moving and kicking, once in a while sitting on my bladder, what more is there to say? There’s not much subjective data here. Well, he/she is still in there I guess?

Is it wierd that this bothers me so much? I prob should have waited for UO on Thursday. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lisa2589 100% agree with you and I don't think it is weird that is bothers you. 1st of all how are you supposed to know how the baby is doing? Like you said, yup it's still in there. If you had any abnormal test results or screens maybe you would have more information to share but you wouldn't share that with random co-worker or acquaintance. 2nd (and this is the one that really gets me) you are still a person independent of the baby. Ask me how I'm doing! Ask me about my job or my hobbies! Just because I'm pregnant does not mean that my whole like has to revolve around the baby. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• Options
    @lisa2589 What I hate is when people (IL) jump to how is my grandkid doing? No don't even bother asking me how I am doing. I'm only dying of morning sickness over here and growing a child,  but sure kiddo is the only one that matters. 

I also think my hormones makes me more sensitive than usual. 
  • Options
    @lisa2589 I always answer "still in there..." most people haven't asked twice. 
    The TW in my life right now is my MIL. We have two kids, now pregnant for #3.... every. Single. Time. We see her (planned or impromptu) she has a gift for my youngest. & it's just starting to piss me off. No, our 12 year old doesn't want dollar store knick-knacks... And an occasional gift for the 2 year old wouldn't be a huge deal. But, we've seen her 3x since christmas & our daughter has received 3 gifts. She's setting the expectation that visiting Nana means receiving a present && if she keeps up our boy is going to end up with a complex. 

I'm probably a little extra sensitive because technically, our boy is her step-grandson from my first marriage and our daughter is her biological grandchild. & ya know, pregnant hormones. 
  • Options
    @becca_123 Yikes! No water at all? That’s a huge hassle. They better get it fixed before June! 

I lived in what we call a dry cabin up here for 18 months for the true Alaskan experience. No water and an outhouse which I’d have to go to come rain, shine or -40. A lot of people do it up here. It was a fun experience, I got in good shape going to the gym everyday so I could shower there, and I learned how to live happily with no running water so I felt like a badass. I only decided it wasn’t fun when I got the flu...I can imagine it’d be the same for being pregnant. At a certain point, running water ceases to be a luxury! 

I hope its its fixed soon!! 

• Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited January 2018
    @twelvetwosomeonenew I don’t think you’re overreacting or being too sensitive at all. It’s the principle of the thing where it’s perfectly acceptable to expect the children to be treated equally. If you don’t have something for both no gifts. It’s not fair and showing favoritism isn’t healthy for either child. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @helenbz Umm, yeah, that is totally badass. I doubt I could go a full week with no running water (and not be a huge baby about it.) Props to you and anyone else who can! 

neil degrasse tyson badass GIF

• Options
    @twelvetwosomeonenew not over reacting at all. My older boys are teenagers, and are my step sons. My parents and grandparents treat them the same way as my little. ( or if they are not being a 100% fair they are not doing in front of SS1 and SS2.) They don't give gifts though it is more of what is their favorite treat or dinner and make sure they incorporate everyone's favorites. 
  • Options
    helenbzhelenbz member
    edited January 2018
    @kfren haha, yep...I earned my badass stripes and then ditched that dry cabin! It was actually a lot of fun and a huge adventure...and I’m glad it’s a fond memory now.  

That is also the attitude I plan to bring to this whole being a mother thing....no time to shower, flabby tummy and no sleep and doing everything wrong...adventure! And then enjoy every luxurious moment of the times I do get to sleep or drink wine with friends or my baby is cute and angelic haha. 

Thats how it works, right?? #Newbie
  • Options
    helenbzhelenbz member
    edited January 2018
    Hey, is there a place to post information to help offset the misconceptions of pregnancy/motherhood? 

Ove had had a few drive assaults by parenting experts (all child free) where I really didn’t know how to respond. I’m thinking about real info on circumcision vs not, breast vs bottle, vaccinate vs not, infant day care etc. 

I’ve been blindsided by having to deal with these really personal questions and having no evidence with which to make my decisions at this point, only my own opinions. 

I know we’re not obliged to answer the random questions we get asked, but as I start to research more, is there a place for this here?? 
  • Options
    @helenbz we have the pregnancy and parenting resources thread that the bump admins have refused to pin for months...
  • Options
    @helenbz I usually answer with something equally absurd when a childless person gives me advice. Like once I was complaining that my son does not want to go down at bedtime and a coworker said to give him benadryl every night. Yeah. I told him that the doctor was gonna give me a script for medicinal marijuana so my 5 year old will calm down. 

My tw is my phone. It's acting funny and no longer working like a smart phone. I can really only text and call. What is this? 2007? Unacceptable. 
    DS born 2012
    DS2 due: 6/2018