Success after IF

ICSI? PGS? Success without?

Hello there ladies, visiting here from the infertility board and hoping I could hear from some of you about your decisions regarding ICSI and PGS. We don't have any male factor issues and have been diagnosed as unexplained. I'm in the process of stimming for my first IVF cycle and can't decide about all the extras. Do I need ICSI, even if his numbers are fine?  Do I need PGS, because I'm 37?  How did you ladies decide and would you still make the same call?
Unexplained infertility; TTC #1 for 5 years
IUI #1; m/c;c/p 3/15/2012
IUI #2: Clomid, ovidrel trigger, prometrium;4/5/12; BFFN; IUI #3, clomid and injects; Beta June 8th????
imagePhotobucket

Re: ICSI? PGS? Success without?

• I never did any of this with my first two but now that my husband is in his 40s and I’m 35 I definitely want to check for absomarlies since I’m older so I’ll be doing gentic testing with pgs. I think it’s defintiely whatever your comfortable with and if the cost isn’t a factor. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• We did ICSI and unfortunately it did not work. If you have the funds maybe add it as a precaution 
    Me - 29 PCOS, Hypothyroidism, elevated Prolactin 
    DH - 30 Azoospermia 
    Dating since 2007, married since 2014

TTC since 11/16
    IVF w/ICS I#1 9/17 - 0 eggs fertilized 
    IUI w/DS - 3/10/18
  • Loading the player...
  • We did both ICSI and PGS testing. I was 26 at the time, but we thought if we are going to do IVF, might as well pay a little extra and be certain. I was really just scared all of the embryos would be abnormal but we'd never know and just continue to do failed cycle after failed cycle. I was paranoid, but that was our decision. Ended up only having 1 out of 12 come back abnormal. I hope this helps. Good luck!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • We did icsi due to mfi. Did not do pgs. Resulted in out 18 month old bb. And currently 4 weeks along.
  • We had to do icsi, but opted out of pgs.  We had success with our second FET, and plan to go back and transfer our remaining embies, come what may.  There were several factors why we ultimately didn't do pgs, but it came down to not trusting that its 100% perfect science and preferring to give all our embies a chance, rather than let the technicians decide who gets a shot.  Personal preference perhaps, but another perspective.  I was 35 when we did my ERs.