June 2018 Moms

1st Week of June DD Check-in | w/o Jan 11

doxiemoxie212doxiemoxie212 member
edited January 2018 in June 2018 Moms
Are you due on or before June 7th? This is the check-in for you!

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How are you feeling?

R/R/Q:

What is the next thing on your baby-related to-do list that you'll feel much more relaxed once you complete?:

Doing anything fun this 3-day weekend?:

Re: 1st Week of June DD Check-in | w/o Jan 11

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 19+0 size of a hot dog apparently. 

How are you feeling? Good. Craving all the sweets today, especially ice cream after that recall thread. 

R/R/Q: I had a question from the FTM thread that was really a question for S+TMs, but it has left my brain. If I remember, I'll post later. I guess my rant is that we're gonna be super short staffed this weekend so I will probably spend the next 4 days running around stressed AF. Also I kinda threw out my back at work a few weeks ago and now everyone is treating me like I'm super breakable. It's a little annoying. Rave... I got ice cream from coldstone after lunch and enjoyed every bite! 

What is the next thing on your baby-related to-do list that you'll feel much more relaxed once you complete?: Finding a new OB and getting my AS scheduled. I know it's gonna be super late at this point, but I still need to get it done.

Doing anything fun this 3-day weekend?: Lol, what is a 3-day weekend? It's my birthday on Sunday but I'm still working every day. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 19+5, mango!

How are you feeling? good good

R/R/Q: I'm really proud of myself for all this cleaning I've been doing. I don't really have any rants except that I'm not actually DONE cleaning so... also DH got a callback interview from that one he had in Silicon Valley! It's going to be a video conference interview in their NY office with their CA partners so... IDK, maybe we're moving to Silicon Valley soon?? lol 

What is the next thing on your baby-related to-do list that you'll feel much more relaxed once you complete?: I gotta sign us up for childbirth classes. I feel so overwhelmed about it, but I just have to bite the bullet or the option will be taken out of my hands lol. 

Doing anything fun this 3-day weekend?: We're going down to DC! I'm so excited. We're going to get all my fav foods, and see our friends, and we're staying at the hotel that was built right next to our old apt building so we'll be right back in our old 'hood. I'm just really happy about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 reading about your cleaning adventures has really given me the motivation to clean as well. I turned on my roomba and am now taking a break. :D baby steps..
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    20wks today. Paper airplane 

How are you feeling?
    im good! Miss my usual appetite though

R/R/Q:
    not sure if this is a rave technically. But exciting moment of my day. in 5.5 yrs, i always have issues when calling my endocrinologist's office. Today, a pleasant woman answered the phone... and helped me without an attitude or rushing off the phone! I almost fell out of my chair.

What is the next thing on your baby-related to-do list that you'll feel much more relaxed once you complete?:
    his room. It's a big project. Needs emptied of boxes (but the attic, where they're going, needs organized). Then that room needs some renovation done... and then when carpet goes in, we'll replace all our carpet in hallways up and downstairs and 2 flights of steps. Ugh!!! It all seems like to much in 4 months. 

my typical hibernating for most of it. But meeting up with childhood bffs Sunday.
    me:35 DH:34
    DS: born oct 2012
    TFAS: BFP #1 aug16. miscarriage sept16
              BFP #2 nov16 MMC dec16. d&c jan17
              BFP #3 sept17  EDD 5/31/18
    fingers crossed for our rainbow baby
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 20+3, a banana

How are you feeling? can’t complain

R/R/Q: Finally having my a/s on Monday. Can’t wait to see this LO again. I’ve only been feeling movement sparingly (thanks anterior placenta), so it will be reassuring to him/her squirming around on the screen. I desperately need to mop my floors but it’s virtually impossible with two toddlers, one who refuses to nap most days. 

What is the next thing on your baby-related to-do list that you'll feel much more relaxed once you complete?: Eh, see him/her. Idk we have everything we need already. We do need to get a new vehicle because I can’t fit three car seats in our truck. I know DH is gonna drag his feet until the last moment because he loves that damn truck and I ended up being the one who drives it all the time. We bought it 2 days before finding out we were expecting DD then a few months later he got a job that gave him a company car. So the truck became mine and we sold my Altima. 

Doing anything fun this 3-day weekend?: DHs birthday is Tuesday and he took off Friday and Tuesday, so 5 day weekend for him! I’m terrible at planning things for his birthday, so I don’t know what we are gonna do. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Amphibious22 Oh no! More ice cream will get you through the weekend!

@doxiemoxie212 Congrats to YH on the 2nd interview!  Good luck.

@catlady1215 Hopefully you get to start it soon - I feel like the time will go quickly when big projects need to get done.  Have fun with your friends!

@dinodna3 That sucks that you (or DH) have to give up a vehicle you love.  Maybe you'll love your new vehicle even more?

19 weeks on the dot!  Size of a mango.

How are you feeling?
    Good.  Some congestion issues and my right leg has been aching all day but otherwise great.

R/R/Q:
    Rave is that the plumber dude gave us the ok to turn our water back on today (hallelujah!) as he thinks the leak coming from the pipe that leads to the powder room toilet.  Don't really know what's happening next though.  Also excited for AS next Wed!  I can't wait to see how big she is  :)  My rant is that I really need to clean this house top to bottom.  

I've been wanting to settle on nursery furniture i.e. crib, dresser, and get that over with and set up.  I feel like once the baby's room remotely feels like a nursery, things will reallt kick into gear and I'll be able to get organized on what else I need.

Nope.  We got free tickets to the Philly Home Show but DH doesn't want to go.  Maybe I'll do some of that cleaning instead. 

• @becca_123 We will most likely end up with a minivan, so I doubt he’ll love it.  :D  Glad to hear your water is back on! You’re a trooper for going this long without it. 

@doxiemoxie212 FX for a good second interview for DH. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Amphibious22 - Have a happy birthday this weekend, hope work isn’t too crazy!
    @doxiemoxie212  - Enjoy your weekend trip  :)
    @catlady1215 - Ugh I need to get moving on the baby room situation too. I tell myself that after the A/S next week it will be easier to motivate myself 
    @dinodna3 - my A/S is Monday too!!
    @becca_123  - Girl, I’m SO happy you have your water back on. Fingers crossed the rest of the fix goes smoothly 

19+5, hedgehog... almost half way guys!!

How are you feeling?
    If only these miserable headaches would quit, I’d be great. Last week only had one. This week, have had one ongoing since Wednesday. Make it stop. 

R/R/Q: I’m so, so excited for our A/S on Monday morning!!

What is the next thing on your baby-related to-do list that you'll feel much more relaxed once you complete?
    We got ourselves a new dresser for Christmas and I need to assemble it so that I can move our old dresser to DD’s room and her dresser back to the baby's room. I feel like once I get a dresser in there (and find out if we’re having another girl or a boy) I can start to make a dent on the overflowing baby clothes situation. 

Doing anything fun this 3-day weekend?
    Going out of town this afternoon for a second cousin’s wedding. I’m used to the frigid weather since I’ve grown up with it, but the only thing that makes me truly nervous is traveling when there’s a wind chill advisory. Especially with a kiddo. Luckily it’s only a 1.5 hour drive and on the interstate so if we would have any car trouble we should be able to get help quickly. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? How big is baby?
    19+1, baby is the size of a mango 

How are you feeling? pretty good, but still have a little shortness of breath. My perinatologist didn't think it warranted a trip to the ER to rule out pulmonary embolism as I have no other symptoms, just watch for now. But I just had a CBC and my heparin levels checked and noticed low RBC, hemocrit and hemoglobin which can indicate anemia. Low and behold a symptom of anemia is shortness of breath! I just started a new bottle of prenatal with iron so hoping that helps.

What is the next thing on your baby-related to-do list that you'll feel much more relaxed once you complete?: I'm seriously concerned on where and what type of venue to rent for the baby shower. Given that bridal shower season will be in full swing around when baby shower will be happening, I've gotta get this locked down.

Doing anything fun this 3-day weekend? I only have a normal 2 day weekend.... We're going to see Jumanji tomorrow and probably going to dog park for some time. Nothing else special on schedule.
  • @lisa2589 omg I'm getting horrible headaches as well! They started a few days ago and I honestly didn't even consider that it might be pregnancy related. Thought it was just stress. Hopefully yours stop soon!! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• Hi ladies!  I feel like I haven't checked in to this post in a month.  My office was closed the week between Christmas and New Years but DD turned one that week so I was running around like a crazy woman.  I was just starting to get back into a good spot with work when DD got her first cold that turned for the worse this week.  I have taken her to the dr 3 times since the start of the year and the last time they sent us the emergency room.  Her sugars were still too low so they checked us in.  Now I'm sitting in the uncomfortable hospital chairs catching up on TB.  

@dinodna3 my husband surprisingly likes our minivan.  He says he feels like he's driving a spaceship.  Haha.

@becca_123 where in the philly area are you?  We are in Delco.

@doxiemoxie212 yay for second interviews.  FX for your relocation!

yay for all the a/s this upcoming week!! I have mine scheduled for Wednesday.  I'm starting to feel him more consistently but not consistent enough to my pgal brain.  Nervous and excited to see the little guy again.

this week I'm 19 weeks... almost halfway!

im feeling sick this week.  Caught DDs cold, so fighting off a stuffy nose and sore throat.  Can't complain too much though, DH got the cold so much worse and DD was hospitalized over it.

baby related we haven't really started yet.  But we did nothing for DD until after our a/s at 20 weeks, and everything got done.  I should make a list of everything I need to do though.  crossing stuff off will motivate me to do more.  

3 day weekend was going to be a cleaning weekend- to get all the germs out of our house.  Now we will hopefully be home tonight and just keeping an eye on DD for the rest of the weekend.

me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 Oh no!  Sorry about YD.  Hopefully you're stay isn't too long and she recovers quickly, and you too.

Also, I'm across the bridge in South Jersey!

• Ooh @jsl82 I hope your kiddo is doing better!! Scary...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for the well wishes.
    We were released tonight and home now.  

As we were packing up the nurse reminded us that everything left in a hospital room is thrown out so to grab the extra diapers and wipes.  Just a nice reminder that if it enters your room it's yours.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• DashainaDashaina member
    edited January 2018
    @jsl82 I'm so happy that you got released and hope you both continue to get well quickly!

@stephcat421 hope that the new vitamins help you out!

@lisa2589 Fx your headaches chill the heck out soon! I had a bunch in the first trimester.

@catlady1215 yay for super phone call!

@becca_123 is your leg cramping? Like in your calf? I remember having cramping with dd1 and my midwife said it was either dehydration or low magnesium related and to start drinking more water in smaller amounts over the entire day and taking a mag/cal/zinc supplement. It definitely improved after that.

@Amphibious22 mmmm coldstone... I miss cold stone. Hope they stop treating you like porcelain soon.

@doxiemoxie212 fx the interview goes well!

AFM...
     How far along are you? 21+ 3.. Ok. So just to prove how out of it I am with pg... I had to look up my week on my Ovuview app. I legit thought I was 20w 3d today. Come to find out I'm actually not, I'm 21,ha! 

How big is baby? It's funny.. But I literally have no idea.

How are you feeling?Ever since movement started regularly around 19wks, I haven't been obsessing about it like before when movement was still sporadic. I'm so freaking happy for regular movement.

R/R/Q:Pgal brain has been mostly silenced finally. Now it's all about "how in the eff am I going to push this baby out??" since this will be my first experience with anything labor related. I know that I can do it.. But still working out the pointless fears aspect.

What is the next thing on your baby-related to-do list that you'll feel much more relaxed once you complete?: Hmmm probably when my house is finished and we've moved into it... So still a bit longer there. I did get word that my friend from Nicaragua (she also lives in NY part year) will be able to come out to attend my birth and stay a bit after. Very exciting to have her here, since she recently had an unassisted (no professional assistant) home birth in. Nicaragua.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers