February 2018 Moms
Options

Post Baby Tummy Brace

So I didn't wear one after my daughter was born. And I developed a minor diastasis recti. Obviously it had a lot to do with the fact that she arrived 2 weeks late and was 9.7!
I really regret not wearing a tummy support/brace after she was born. Am hoping to get one for this baby. 
Any suggestions or good brands to buy? Hoping not to spend a lot of money. Just want something to hold my tummy in place as it heals and slowly goes back to prebaby!

Re: Post Baby Tummy Brace

• Options
    I'm interested to see a response to this. I currently have diastasis recti, which I didn't know until I asked my doctor last week what this ridge down my stomach was. Will I need a tummy brace after pregnancy? What happens if I don't wear one?

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Options
    I had a physical therapist and Pilates instructor recommend a specific brace for this issue. However it's just expensive and if it doesn't fit-it's not returnable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used the hospital issued abdominal binder and then later got belly bandit brace after my pregnacies and found those to be helpful. 
  • Options
    I'm interested to see a response to this. I currently have diastasis recti, which I didn't know until I asked my doctor last week what this ridge down my stomach was. Will I need a tummy brace after pregnancy? What happens if I don't wear one?
    I have this too. 
  • Options
    Diastasis typically resolves on its own 6-12 months post delivery. If it doesn’t, PT can help. Extreme cases can require surgery
  • Options
    Diastasis typically resolves on its own 6-12 months post delivery. If it doesn’t, PT can help. Extreme cases can require surgery
    What about with c. section 
  • Options
    I was just googling about belly wraps/supports after birth last night too. It seems like you don't really need one, it's just personal preference. Like for some people, it helps them feel better but you heal with or without one. At least that is what I gathered from googling, but i'm a FTM so I don't really know from experience.
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    Still usually heals on its own. Just takes longer. Some surgeons will give an abdominal binder for comfort/support and some dont
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    Still usually heals on its own. Just takes longer. Some surgeons will give an abdominal binder for comfort/support and some dont
    Thanks for the info!  :)
  • Options
    rachelleckrachelleck member
    edited January 2018
    I ordered one off of amazon. A few of my friends have it as well, but I haven’t used it yet so I couldn’t tell you first hand. It was $19 so not a bad price! 

*Side note* I had a c-section with my DS and I used the girdle the hospital gave me. It was really a “security blanket” but gave me the comfort I needed. I unfortunately ended up with postpartum pupps and didn’t get to wear it for as long as I had hoped.