Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 1/11

this has been gone for awhile. thanks @holly321 for the reminder!

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on?

2. How is it going?

3. What is a small win from last week?

4. What is your goal for this week?

5. GTKY: what's your favorite cheat meal? 
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In w/o 1/11

• Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited January 2018
    Oh gosh, I needed this. Just ate too many mini m&ms. I can't wait until all of the leftover stuff from the holidays is out of this house.

1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Cutting back on caffeine, sweets, and alcohol and getting back to working out 4+ hours a week.

2. How is it going? Workouts are going well this week, but caffeine and stress-eating sweets has not been good. But if I can avoid dessert tonight then I should be back on track!

3. What is a small win from last week? It's Thursday...I definitely don't remember last week at this point :)

4. What is your goal for this week? Focusing on some more intense workouts, especially over the long weekend.

5. GTKY: what's your favorite cheat meal? Pizza and ice cream!

edit: thanks to this thread just went and got a solid cardio and shoulder workout in. Thanks for the motivation @catlady2015 and @holly321!
  • Options
    @catlady2015 , thanks!
    I want to lose 25 pounds, get in a good running regimen, eat healthy, and probably should do some yoga.
    2. How is it going?
    Really good so far, eating moderately healthy, I am running/walking most nights
    I have lost 5 pounds
    To run 5 out of 7 days

5. GTKY: what's your favorite cheat meal

Moussaka

@chopchop25 cutting caffeine back is the hardest for me.  I find I eat less and lose weight he kore coffee I drink, which is obviously not healthy, but the results are there...we are finally out of holiday snacks, at least ones I like
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @holly321 congrats on the 5lb loss! That is a serious win!
    I've switched to a decaf Americano w/ a bit of soy (lactose intolerant) when I'm feeling like snacking the afternoons, and that has helped A LOT. But going 1/2 caf in the mornings is putting our household on the strugglebus.
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Doing the 21 day fix challenge so basically clean eating/working out. I really would like to be 10 pounds lighter by the time I am KU, whenever that is.

2. How is it going? Well I started on Monday and had a terrible day on Tuesday so H came home with popcorn and ice cream and I just ate a donut so it could be better. 

3. What is a small win from last week? Working out everyday. 

4. What is your goal for this week? Stop with the sweets!

5. GTKY: what's your favorite cheat meal? All the carbs, pizza, mac and cheese, buffalo chicken dip 

Keep up the great work ladies!!!!
    TTC journey in spoiler
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    Married: 08/2016
    TTC: 10/2017
    IUI #1-3 BFN
    IVF 11/2018- 23 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI with 7 embryos making it to freeze
    FET #1 02/2019 BFN
    FET #2 4/19 BFP!!!!! EDD 1/4/20  <3

• Options
    1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Getting back on the wagon food-wise. 

2. How is it going? I'm sure I gained 5 pounds over the holiday and I'm hating that I got so far off track. Doing a little better carb wise but vegetables have been sadly missing, as has a more focused meal plan. We ordered pizza 2x last week (which meant leftovers for another 3 meals for me). 

3. What is a small win from last week? Did great with my workouts (3 days strength and 2 days cardio)

4. What is your goal for this week? Do an actual meal plan that includes vegetables. 

5. GTKY: what's your favorite cheat meal? We make a five-cheese stuffed pizza that is just divine. 

I'd officially like to apologize to all of you - when i picked the GTKY, i didn't think it would make me so hungry! So it's likely made all of you hungry too. 

*TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @chopchop25 @kobrien827 - i hear you on the stress-eating sweets! my grocery store has single serve cupcakes. It's a wonderful, awful thing. Stay strong!
    @holly321 - 5 pounds is amazing! way to go! 

Keep it up! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    chopchop25chopchop25 member
    edited January 2018
    @catlady2015 yum! I used to get one of the Whole Foods mini cupcakes when I needed fix, but for some reason or store stopped carrying them. Super dumb (I blame Amazon, even though I have no clue what the reason.)
    @kobrien827 yay for 10 lb goal buddies! That's my goal, too (+2 lbs of holiday weight that should be off soon), though I will put it on hiatus if I get KU. The last 10 is always so hard, but we can do it!
  • Options
    @chopchop25, it honestly never entered my mind to try decaf.  I will try it with my afternoon cup this week!  
    @Kobrien80, great job working out every day!  And I make homemade popcorn and consider it a healthish snack, at least compared to a "normal" snack.
    @catlady2015, good luck with the vegetables this week.  I usually try to make half my dinner plate a vegetable and eat that first to fill myself, and enjoy the rest.  ( I do like vegetables, but they get old.). Thanks again for making the thread.  After writing on it earlier, I decided I needed more of a goal and signed up for a 5k, which this one isn't until April, so more than enough time to train, but it was for autism, which is near and dear to my heart.  I may try and do another before then.

• Options
    TW: kid I’m weaning my 18m old and trying to do so without continuing to eat whatever I want when I’m breastfeeding

2. How is it going?
    I started doing my fitness pal again, but I’m so out of the habit of doing it I keep forgetting.

I managed to stay under my calorie goal a couple days and even though I didn’t keep track over the weekend (Bday weekend calories don’t count, right) I did a lot of walking at the museums we visited.

Keep track all week and maybe start doing yoga again after work.

Ice cream and anything with chocolate.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Trying to lose weight and exercise more. 

2. How is it going? Just getting back into it. I actually joined an online weight loss challenge with a group of people. Hoping it gives me some accountability. 

3. What is a small win from last week? I've exercised 3 times this week.

4. What is your goal for this week? Really commit to tracking food daily. It does help to keep on track.

5. GTKY: what's your favorite cheat meal? Oh probably Chipotle, lol
  • Options
    1.  Anything that helps me fit into my pants and not feel like crap everyday. So, losing weight and making more healthy food and movement choices. 

2.  I walked on our treadmill three times earlier this week. I joined the Biggest Loser competition at work, starting next week. 

3. Treadmill walks!  

4. Drink more water. Walk at least 4/7 days for at least 10 minutes each. 

5. Crab Rangoon!
  • Options
    1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? I just started working out 2 weeks ago and I can tell a difference in my energy and mood.

2. How is it going? It is going really well!   *TW* The only problem is my 17 month old daughter cries the entire time I am working out in the gym daycare. I hope she gets used to it soon because I can't focus on working out knowing she is upset *end TW*

3. What is a small win from last week? I lost two lbs already!

4. What is your goal for this week? To try and not cheat on meals as much.

5. GTKY: what's your favorite cheat meal? cheeseburgers and fries
  • Options
    @jrm_14
    Crab rangoons! yaaaaaasss!
  • Options
    conchispitaconchispita member
    edited January 2018
    1. What healthy habit(s) are you working on? Clean eating, less sugar/carbs, get back into working out everyday. I’d like to lose 15-20 lbs before getting KU

2. How is it going?
    I’ve been struggling to get out of bed, so workouts have not been happening. 

Even though I cheated a lot, portion control was good. Also ate more vegetables. 

get out of bed and work out!

a buttery grilled cheese sandwich with a creamy tomato soup
    followed by an ice cold vanilla Pepsi
    followed by a pint of Talenti

• Options
    Hello there beautiful. This sounds super fun to do. Not only is it entertaining it makes you go harder on the healthy things you do. I would love to take part into this. Allow me then...

Currently I am doing a lot of running and working out. My diet is also something that I am super proud of...
    2. How is it going?
    Mehh, I have seen better days. I miss sleeping past noon and being unproductive all day long.
    I did roughly 125 Miles of cycling! I know it might not be much but I gave it my all. 
    Another 125 miles of cycling. Also I want to gain a few pounds... I feel like I am way too light! 
    Well, I know this is weird and I don't know if this counts but... Cigarettes. I quit recently and once a month or so I cheat on everything and light one :expressionless: