Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Ten Things Tuesday 1/9

Re: Ten Things Tuesday 1/9

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @holly321 Sharing the Plaqunil Love with you  <3 And sometimes I eat chocolate when I’m on the treadmill.....
  • Options
    @jrm_14, I have been terrified of plaquenil for years (I work for an ophthalmologist.).   I regret that so much.  It is a miracle, that I think is making me lose my hair, but so worth it,. Lol
  • Options
    jrm_14jrm_14 member
    edited January 2018
    @holly321 That’s awesome that you feel so much better on it!  It was the first med I started taking- 15.5 years & counting!  I get my eyes checked every 6 months & have the visual field testing done. I’ve had one eye doctor be super nervous about it and one that said current research shows it is far less of a risk than thought. What does yours think?  Is it possible the methotrexate has made you lose some hair?  It always made my hair very thin :( Taking a high dose of folic acid (4-5mg/day) helped.
  • Options
    My doctors I work for said it is very safe as long as you stay under 400 mg a day.  We have a retina doctor come in our office weekly, so I hear all the horror stories, so I think my view is skewed.  My rheumatologist was telling me how he went to a conference recently discussing eye issues with autoimmune disease, and that they are now thinking the issues are more from the disease than the medication.    I used to also be a visual field technician, so I knew how awful they were before (not that that stopped me from taking it.). My biggest hold up is that all my blood work is clean.  (Until last year, I had a slightly elevated WBC) So, while symptomatically, there is something seriously wrong with me, and I have a "diagnosis" that can evolve, and it scared me to take a medication when something else could be wrong.  My rheumatologist said if it helped, it was clear I have the lupus like issue he thinks.  Obviously, it is what we thought. 

Methotrexate caused hair damage and thinning, but that stopped a few weeks ago (which was a few weeks after my last injection.). It just started happening again, and much worse. my hair falls out bad sometimes from the illness, but I doubt that is the cause since I am feeling so well.  I will talk to my pharmacist tomorrow about folic acid and how much I can take with my PNV.  Thanks for the suggestion! I guess we will see soon enough, because my OBgyn wants me to stop a few weeks before I start trying again.  
  • Options
    @jrm_14, you do too