June 2018 Moms

Nursery Inspiration

Re: Nursery Inspiration

• This might be a question for just ST+ moms (would love feedback from all!), but how tough do you think this crib would be to deal with in terms of drool/general smears on the acrylic? MH and I really like the modern look and I like that it doesn't look like bars. My MIL is concerned that there will be boogies all over the acrylic. Would love any insight!
    Sloan Acrylic Convertible Crib

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 - I didn't have drooly kids so I'm probably not the best to respond, but I'd think if you're the type of person who doesn't like fingerprint smudges on glass you won't like this crib in the long run.  I think I'd also like to see it in person to see just how smooth the edges of the panels are.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @LaceyBee522 I’d be more concerned with their legs getting stuck inbetween those acrylic bars.
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Austenista  Austenista member
    edited January 2018
    @LaceyBee522 I mean for sure there will be lickage but my son goes mostly for the top because he’s standing now. Boogers and drool goes mostly on the bedsheet. Most importantly, that looks like it would be fairly simple to clean if necessary and it’s really pretty. Do you, and get the crib you want. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys!

I can't see it in person, but PB does have a 30 day return policy. I'm thinking the icky factor is the same as a regular crib, right? You can just see it and clean it??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @glitterfingers Gotta show H your post when he gets home! He loves The Grand Budapest!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 that crib is so cool! I say go for it.  all else fails, you could always wrap the clear with fabric if it ends up not working.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 20T20T member
    oooh @BurlapandLace I love that! Do you mind me asking where you found it?
  • @20T ~ it’s called “watercolor floral” by JoJo Designs. I’ve found it on Amazon, Target and BRU. Haven’t looked elsewhere. 
  • @LaceyBee522 I love the wallpaper too!

@dinodna3  Great idea for a birthday theme! 
  • @SmithMcFarlane You'll appreciate the babysizer.com geeky version :) As of today {in case it doesn't show} baby is the size of an Adipose!
  • As I mentioned before about the neutral theme {even after we know gender} I'm having a friend of my mum's make this :)
    Or at least something similar. It'll just be sun and moon though and it's prob going above/beside the crib instead of a mobile.

I found some really nice metallic silver stars I wanna put on the wall across from this/crib
  • 20T20T member
    Awesome, thank you @BurlapandLace :)
  • @LaceyBee522 I love that Mobil! Thanks for the lead! 

@butterfingers that floral wall is STUNNING. 
  • @BurlapandLace That print is gorgeous. I love watercolor floral prints. I drooled over wallpapers like the one in the spoiler when planning DD's room but it was too much of an expense/commitment so I just got some Paper Source wrapping paper and "wallpapered" the back of her bookcase kind of like the 2nd pic.

@LaceyBee522 I'm thinking about how our stainless steel appliances get grimy but to me its no big deal to wipe them daily with a microfiber cloth. I have heard other moms say they hate dealing with the fingerprints on stainless so maybe it depends on your personality and routine.

• I must be really pregnant because this totally made me emotional?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LaceyBee522 there are a few things about that crib that give me pause as a STM.  

The first is that acrylic in general is breakable- meaning a 9 month old that does not want to go to bed may be able to kick and break the acrylic slabs.  

The second is that the crib doesn't look like it will "grow" with baby.  Our crib started off with a small distance I needed to bend over to put baby down and pick her up.  Which you need until they can sit up.  Once they are standing you need to be able to lower the crib so they can't jump over the side.  The picture shown makes it look like you will have further to reach into the crib with a non sitter and may need to transition out of the crib earlier if they are able to get over the sides.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 Thanks for taking a look!! It does have three heights for the mattress and converts to a toddler bed, which is one of the reasons I actually like it. I will talk to H about potential breakage. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The new baby will be in our room for the first 6 months so I doubt we will do a nursery in the first instance (although secretly I would love to).  I'm more likely to titivate my daughter's room up in a bid to get her to sleep in the darn thing. Age 4 and she still won't sleep in it except for Christmas, birthdays and Easter.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pupsicle23 I love the Lilly stuff at PB. I want it for myself. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Is it too late to chime in on the acrylic crib? 1) I feel it will never stay clean. 2) The slabs invite poop-splosion artwork that I don’t know if you’ll ever get clean. (Or vomit art... also a possibility.)
  • @silvergreen props to you for doing all of that yourself.  I feel physically incapable of even tying my own shoes so you sound like a rock star :-) 
  • jsl82jsl82 member
    @silvergreen thank you for making me feel like such a slacker- we cleared out the room, but there is still a bunch of stuff in there (the baby swing, the bouncy chair, a box of recycling that has not gone outside yet, the step ladder, pictures DH bought for the room and the Halo Bassinest- also the swing and bassinest are in pieces)... so clearly I need to get my butt into gear.  I was really hoping that people would start posting pics of finished nurseries so I would also get the urge to complete ours.  
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• I don't think we're decorating much at all this time around.  We have a room for baby, and there's not much in it (a spare bed that will stay, a changing table from the older boys, and we'll get the crib out of storage).  I have no idea on paint color (it does need painted) and I'm fairly certain there won't be a theme.  I just don't think I have the decorating gene.  Also, third kid, so I'm not up to putting in the effort when in 3 or 4 years he'll want something completely different (Truck and Trains!  Superheros!  Robots! or whatever)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • So we've narrowed down the wall decor, thoughts?

We're doing light grey {we have dark floors fyi} and thought this piece on one wall above the crib:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01G78S546/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2755XDXMVOJN4&psc=1

Then this across from the crib on the other wall:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0787SWCJK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1HGV3DWTGX2I1&psc=1

These are the largest walls and we don't want to over-do the wall decor, but at the same time have something. The stars we may have some fun with and turn into constellations.
  • @marcus7676 @jsl82 I should clarify that I really only did the closet shelving removal and painting! MH and his dad put in the floors and baseboards!  :D I'm fortunate in that I work part-time from home (which helps since our dog developed epilepsy so I'm almost always here with him now), which means I do end up having a lot more time to spend on these things - so don't feel bad!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger I love the idea of doing constellations with the stars! I feel like that always turns out so sweet and gives baby lots to look at! 

@glitterfingers I LOVE the grand Budapest hotel. Would never have thought to use it as inspo for a nursery, that’s awesome!! 
  • @kellicoptor062018 Those paintings are cute :) Definitely baby/toddler room.
    Yeh we don't wanna do too much and wanted to keep in somewhat neutral, so she could also have her own choices later. We're also trying to find some of those classic glow-in-the-dark stars to mix into the wall. That's really just for our own joy lmfao
  • @jsl82 I can 100% say that my H would love to have that room lol!
    Rug wise, I love BB8, but I think Option 4 would be best
  • @jsl182 Love the ceiling! Also, the death star is an awesome rug. However, I think there's something so sweet about having the "A New Hope" intro rug for a baby's room. 
    Pregnancy Ticker