July 2018 Moms

The Almighty First Tri ULTRASOUND THREAD!!!

Re: The Almighty First Tri ULTRASOUND THREAD!!!

• mamamecha said:
    Shouldn't we keep this pinned until every passes 13 weeks?
    This! Unpinning now just shows the end of the month moms that they don’t matter. 
    Yea, I suggested keeping both pinned for another week or two.  Oh well, I guess it will just keep getting bumped by us end-of-the-month moms.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mamamecha said:
    This! Unpinning now just shows the end of the month moms that they don’t matter. 
    This is a harsh way to express your disagreement. I don't think anyone thinks that "end of the month" moms don't matter.
  • amylu914 said:
    mamamecha said:
    This is a harsh way to express your disagreement. I don't think anyone thinks that "end of the month" moms don't matter.
    Harsh? Maybe? But the back end should be supported just as much and by taking things away before they have even reached the milestone is a little rude- in my opinion. 
  • @BumpAdmin Can we keep this pinned until end of month please? We still have quite a few still in our first trimester. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I think they were just suggesting to unpin it to minimize the number of pinned threads we have.  I don't think anyone suggested taking it away....

Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • I really don't think anyone meant anything by it (unpinning this early).  This is a very supportive group.  But I don't think it's unfounded that some of us who are still in first tri might feel a little snubbed (I don't even know if that's the right word but that's what came to mind).  Nothing I'm going to get upset over and I don't think it's a big deal to find the thread and bump it up.  I also don't think it's a big deal to have them both pinned at the same time.
    Married 9/19/09
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have no problem with re-pinning it but saying that it shows that some members of our group don't matter is unfair and rude in itself, considering this is an extremely supportive group.

• To imply we don't care is pretty unfair... why not just post your uktrasounds on the new thread? I think so much of it was that having two US threads is a lot and confusing and look how long this one is.  It had literally nothing to do with people not being supportive.... and quite honestly when I tagged the admin I had zero thoughts they would do it off one tag considering how hard it is to get them to pin things in the past. I apologize if it appeared "you don't matter" because it just honestly isn't true....

Also the plan was to create a less identifiable generix US thread for the regulars not trimester based but a general one was made. I was still under the impression we are still making a thread for the regulars for their US.
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• @lindsayleigh1989 I was really surprised they unpinned it that quickly.  It always takes forever for them to pin things!  Are we able to edit the title of the 2nd tri ultrasound thread? 
    Married 9/19/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sarafuss I think there is a window you can so hopefully we can get the OP to do that

• I think it is worth re-pinning, even if its only for 2-3 more weeks. I didn't see unpinning this as being insensitive. However, I do think we should wait a bit longer, just to give everyone the opportunity (if wanted). I wouldn't want to post in the 2nd tri thread yet, because Im not quite there. It would also seem to clutter up the 2nd tri thread when there is still this thread. Just my thoughts...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @BumpAdmin can we pin this? 

• amylu914 said:
    mamamecha said:
    Harsh? Maybe? But the back end should be supported just as much and by taking things away before they have even reached the milestone is a little rude- in my opinion. 
    My EDD is July 23 and it’s kind of a bummer to see things being unpinned before I’ve even reached the milestone or had the ultrasound. Also to see the next milestone being posted and filled up. It’s hard to reconcile, it’s silly to deny moms with beginning of the month due dates the ability to post a milestone when they reach it. But us end of the month due date moms already have to wait forever to post news that seems like is “old news” to everyone else, so to unpin the milestone post before we have even met the milestone sends a signal, like it or not, that the group has moved on to the next thing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sopranoali Im not what else you all want.. admin have been tagged... i already apologized ... i feel the thinking behind it was already explained

• @BumpAdmin pin this thread again

• @sopranoali Im not what else you all want.. admin have been tagged... i already apologized ... i feel the thinking behind it was already explained
    “You all?” Meaning end of the month moms? Maybe you’re onto something here. It might be a good idea to split first half and second half of the month Edd milestone posts. This would prevent posts from becoming massive 500+ entries long and world also help us keep in touch w moms w similar due dates without having to go to a google sheet. Idk maybe it’s a bad idea but the group should discuss it, though I doubt they’ll see it buried here. I think it’s important to recognize and acknowledge group member feelings on this matter, rather than “sorry if it appeared this way but it’s not true how you felt” I don’t believe us a healthy way to navigate the issue. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was due on the 28th with my DS so I get that it's a different vibe being at the end of the month. By the time you reach a milestone, everyone has been there done that. BUT I don't think anyone in our group has contributed  to that vibe in any way and I definitely do not think unpinning was trying to "deny" anyone the right to post or share. The thread is still here, its not deleted, and people who regularly post can easily find it- pinned or not. 

This is not my hill to die on I just think everyone who posts has been given amazing support on this board regardless of due date and implying otherwise is unfair. 
  • Seriously... Can we pull up our big girl panties now Ali? I had already taken steps to remedy the situation and had apologized but you want to continue to stir the pot... 

• amylu914 said:
    I was due on the 28th with my DS so I get that it's a different vibe being at the end of the month. By the time you reach a milestone, everyone has been there done that. BUT I don't think anyone in our group has contributed  to that vibe in any way and I definitely do not think unpinning was trying to "deny" anyone the right to post or share. The thread is still here, its not deleted, and people who regularly post can easily find it- pinned or not. 

This is not my hill to die on I just think everyone who posts has been given amazing support on this board regardless of due date and implying otherwise is unfair. 
    I agree with this.  I have been looking at the most recent first tri ultrasounds as much as I was in the beginning. And I try to show support to anyone who posts and seems to really need some encouragement.  I was put off and honestly surprised by these comments. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • sopranoalisopranoali member
    edited January 2018
    stlmegs said:
    amylu914 said:
    I was due on the 28th with my DS so I get that it's a different vibe being at the end of the month. By the time you reach a milestone, everyone has been there done that. BUT I don't think anyone in our group has contributed  to that vibe in any way and I definitely do not think unpinning was trying to "deny" anyone the right to post or share. The thread is still here, its not deleted, and people who regularly post can easily find it- pinned or not. 

I agree with this.  I have been looking at the most recent first tri ultrasounds as much as I was in the beginning. And I try to show support to anyone who posts and seems to really need some encouragement.  I was put off and honestly surprised by these comments. 
    Okay - sorry you were put off by the commends? But the members who feel this way are entitled to make the comments about how they feel. Appreciate the remedy to try to get it repinned. 

Edit to include: “I appreciate the remedy to try to get it repinned.”
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Seriously... Can we pull up our big girl panties now Ali? I had already taken steps to remedy the situation and had apologized but you want to continue to stir the pot... 
    I have my big girl panties on Lindsay. Now can you put on yours? I honestly think it might be a nice idea to discuss splitting milestone posts by EDD but you didn’t respond to that, only a personal attack about putting big girl panties on.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sopranoali she’s doing what she can to fix it and no harm was intended. The thread is still here and it’s atill active.
    Really, if you’re interested in connecting with more moms near your due date, the ultrasound thread really wouldn’t be the best option.. We had due date check ins a couple months ago where we could connect with people due around the same time but it was voted against in favor of ticker changes because people thought it was too many check ins. If you want to bring it back, by all means bring it up in the randoms or start another poll and see who else is interested. 
  • @sopranoali You are totally entitled to make those comments. Surprised was probably a better word. Just not expecting to see them. 
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @sopranoali Which milestones are we talking about other than ultrasounds? 
  • @sopranoali she’s doing what she can to fix it and no harm was intended. The thread is still here and it’s atill active.
    Really, if you’re interested in connecting with more moms near your due date, the ultrasound thread really wouldn’t be the best option.. We had due date check ins a couple months ago where we could connect with people due around the same time but it was voted against in favor of ticker changes because people thought it was too many check ins. If you want to bring it back, by all means bring it up in the randoms or start another poll and see who else is interested. 
    I’ll start a poll so we can gauge what people are thinking
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Eek! I really wasn't trying to "stir the pot" or anything here, and I doubt very much that us still in the first tri were being blown off. I just know there are a few of us late July mamas left who would still like the board pinned. It might seem silly but it's important to some. It's been remedied so I think we should go back to being happy about our beans. (Can we still call them that, idk) No hard feelings!
  • @mamamecha You are completely fine. My comment about stirring the pot was only geared at @sopranoali

The thing was ultimately no one was trying to make you feel you way. that is what I was trying to get at. and since I was the one who had tagged admin i felt responsible and then got attacked. after apologizing and working to fix the situation. 

it is far more the implication that we should "split" or that the people due near the beginning of the month dont care was the issue I was working on clearing up

• @sopranoali you know why I didn't because we had already had that poll and people voted against it. You always have an issue with this board i never see you saying anything positive about  how things go here but passive aggresive complaints

• @zg49 yay another tuesday!! We definitely didnt post it this week whoops but I can make sure we get one next week :) 

• @lindsayleigh1989 Okay but like I said, speaking for myself, I didn't feel like it was purposeful or I'll-intended so no worries there. :) I just noticed it and thought we could get it repinned for a few weeks, which is obviously already done. Just wanted to clear the air!
  • @mamamecha thank you for understanding oversights and mistakes can happen :) I hope the situation can get fixed I would suggest other people tag @BumpAdmin  to get tbis thread repinned as most of the time it takes several people to get a thread pinned and unpinned

• Please repin this post. @BumpAdmin
  • I am sorry that this had to happen on a post that is supposed to be happy! I feel bad for end of the month moms that feel left out and I hope everyone can join in to the conversations. I hope no one feels like these conversations are exclusive to people in second tri. Wtf Wednesday, UO Thursday, Twatwaffle Tuesday, weekly ticker changes, these are just some of the chances to get in contact with other moms around the same due date because there are quite a few that post in those that are still first tri. I think @zombiehoohaa still is in first and she comments on almost everything and is very much a part of the convo along with several other first tri moms. I don’t think anyone meant to hurt anyone’s feelings or dismiss anyone else. Everyone here is equal and we are all super excited about our babies coming, so we all have that in common. 
  • Honestly I could care less and I wasn’t saying anyone particular in this group was uncaring but the action itself came off as uncaring. It’s suppose to be supportive of all and if that means one mote
    pinned page for another two weeks then what’s the big deal? 

• @elizabethrn87 that was my fault sorry It was because I thought we were changing to a one general US thread not another trimester and I did not think my one tag would do it but require others to do it as well. sorry if it came off as uncaring!