Pregnant after IF

Why so rude?

Not anyone I’m here but I feel like people are so snarky for no reason but to tear people down. I was asking about gender predictions tying to keep my mind off of some issues I’ve been having in my first trimester. I’m 7 weeks along. I’ve tried for over 7 years for this precious gift and all I want is to celebrate it so when someone makes rude comments it’s disheartening to me. This is my first baby and I hope I do not lose it. So excuse me if I make stupid posts about gender guesses, baby dna features or anything related to what my baby will look like or act like. I do this to keep away from going into a fearful mindset. I do it hopin I will see my baby and be able to know for myself in 12 weeks or so... so please forgive me if I’m emotional.

Re: Why so rude?

• Hi sorry you had a bad experience. Everyone here understands the stress of a pg after IF. Feel free to introduce yourself on the 1st trimester board and participate with this group.
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Sorry someone was rude to you. I am assuming it was on another board? I haven't seen any negative activity on these threads (pregnant after infertility) As mentioned above, you are welcome here and feel free to introduce yourself on the first trimester thread
  • Loading the player...
  • @sadd2013 The women on the other boards are very quick to call people out for not following The Bump's protocols and they report posts such as yours constantly. It's one of the reasons why I will always stick with my IF ladies. While I don't condone their behavior whatsoever, it's tough for people to see 6 or 7 week ultrasounds, where there is barely even an embryo present, and predict gender. You're more than welcome to talk about your hopes and fears for your baby but realistically hoping for people to predict gender from a little glob on a screen is tough. I'm not trying to be mean but at that gestational age not even a doctor or an ultrasound tech would hedge bets on gender, you know?
  • Ditto to what the other girls said :) You will find a little less snark in the PAIF forum, as we've all been through a lot and I think have developed a little more compassion along the way than the average Bumpie. It really is impossible to tell anything about gender from early ultrasounds, especially only a few weeks along.
    Hang out with us here in the PAIF forum, we're all worried about our little beans after such a long journey and hoping for the best together :)

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Thank you guys, I really honestly don’t think people can predict gender but I just find it fun. I just moved to a new city and have no friends or family around so I try to find Community on here that is supportive and kind. I know not everyone is going to be nice but I try and connect anyways. Infertility is so lonely and having issues in pregnancy is scary so I try and keep my mind positive. Thank you for the kind words and responses.