Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room Wednesday 1/10

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

When do you think you will start TTC?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What do you/SO do for a living and do you/SO plan to stay in the same career until you retire?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday 1/10

• Options
    When do you think you will start TTC? May/June 2018, which seems much sooner now that it is actually 2018!

Any R/R? I guess more of a rant, but I am starting to temp and chart this cycle since I stopped taking BC in December and am trying to learn how everything works. Also reading TCOYF so that has been helpful. I thought I got my period on Friday, although it was super light and only lasted 2 days but that isn’t abnormal when I’m on the pill. But then I actually got my period today and feel like poop so I guess it’ll take some time to get back to normal!

GTKY: I am a teacher and H is a paramedic. I am looking into teaching at the community college instead of a high school and have applied to a few jobs. I think it will be a more flexible schedule, which is ideal to me for when we eventually have kids.
  • Options
    When do you think you will start TTC? Next month. 

Any R/R? Sort of? I'm a bit nervous about TTC, honestly. Time for TW content- I had a mmc oct/2016, and we haven't tried again since then. But in the year, my sister and "SIL" each had their #2 babies, and we found out my other "SIL" is due for her #1 in May- a year after when we would have had our #1. One of my best friends approached me in Nov. saying she wants to try for #2 this year, and she wanted to ttc with me, since it is "my turn" (she knows about my mc). I feel like that could be fun, but also could end in hurt feelings if one of us takes longer than the other. End TW content

SO & I discussed TTC and are both kind of "meh" about it. That sounds horrible. We want kids, it's just not a financially good time (though we have a big friend/family support system), but at the same time the last 8 years haven't been a "good time" either, and the next 8 probably won't too. So we are taking the plunge. But I'm just worried. 

GTKY: What do you/SO do for a living and do you/SO plan to stay in the same career until you retire? Right now, sort of lacking permanent jobs *see not a good time above*. We've been doing painting/contractor type work for my SO's dad, and I've picked up other gigs. I just did a winter selling christmas trees at a lot- that was fun! Cold, but fun. I used to work in childcare, and I don't want to do that again. I want to raise my own kids, not get paid minimum wage to care for other peoples'. We both studied political science, but our hearts aren't really in it in the current political climate (does that need a TW? j/k  :D) SO is considering grad school (teaching or journalism), and I'd love to get into drawing comics (but also having a day job, probably!). I've taken some courses on it, and our city is becoming a new hub for the industry. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When do you think you will start TTC? May/ June

Any R/R? Last night MH asked me when I wanted to start TFAS and it stunned me I was speechless for a second. We’ve got a big vacation mid May that I don’t want to be pregnant on, but now I almost wish we had planned it all sooner if he’s a bit more ready to start TTC.

GTKY: What do you/SO do for a living and do you/SO plan to stay in the same career until you retire?
    I’m a marine engineer. I used to work on ships, now I’m shoreside as a tech rep helping the sailors fix their ships. DH is a naval aviator.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 TCOYF is a great place to start, as is the video The Great Sperm Race. I think it’s available in a couple episodes on YouTube.

@tumbleweed-2 being pregnant at the same time as a bff would be fun, but I can imagine it being stressful if one of you had some difficulty. I’m an extremely competitive person naturally so something like that wouldn’t go well for me.
  • Options
    When are you going to start TTC?
    April 2018, might try to convince DH to try in March though if FW doesn't line up with our vacation (staying with my mom, I can't do sex in her apartment lol)

R/R: non-TTC related (long rant ahead)...ugh I'm not a fan of my boss, which sucks because I like my job and other people I work with. I had to buy plane tickets now for our trip in March to visit my mom, so I did. Well this is my first new year in this department and no one mentioned how PTO is done. I asked one of my superiors and she said usually it's done by seniority (which makes sense) but I pointed out that two people are already on the calendar, and she has seniority over those two. So she told me to go ahead and just email our boss my dates. Well my boss was upset over that and telling me it's by seniority only, and when my superior pointed out the other two on the calendar already our boss said "it's up to my discretion to put people on the calendar early. Soandso came to me a year ago because she had to plan her vacation then." Okay...so because I'm still "new" (been here since June, 2 years with company though) I'm not allowed to plan my vacations early to save some money?? Sorry lady, but I'm broke and wanted to get cheaper flights than if we'd waited till I got the PTO calendar. My opinion, she should have started the calendar in December, not the beginning of January. Because what if someone wanted PTO in Feb? Are we all just supposed to wait last minute to plan things?? Ugh, sorry I'm just still a little upset over this. 

GTKY: I work at a bank in loan operations, my DH works for the Army Corps of Engineers with the government. He's not military though, everyone asks me that, lol. I know he plans to stay with them but move up, idk about me. For now I plan to stay here!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 that sucks that they’re giving you a hard time. I feel like most departments (in general) start vacation schedules well before the new year and your seniority with the company should matter more than with the department.
  • Options
    @meggyme I think I'd still be at the end of the list though, unfortunately. But I really wish she'd started a list/calendar sooner. It makes me wonder what she would have said if I scheduled a trip a month or so ago for January. Oh well, my superior requested that time off to basically hold a place for me then change her vacation later  :D 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 Yeah that system makes no sense! Hopefully it all works out for you!
    @meggyme Love that your H brought up wanting to TFAS! I’m always convinced my H isn’t thinking about TTC but then every once in a while he makes a comment that just melts my heart. I guess they’re just not as vocal about it! 
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 yeah, I can tell it’s on his mind. It’s just not as all consuming as it is for me.