August 2018 Moms

TMI Tuesday

It is Tuesday right?  Tell us your nastiness

Re: TMI Tuesday

• Both my kids are at the tail end of colds and my sleeves and sweatpants are covered in snot. Zero f’s given. This is why I wear lounge clothes while I’m home haha
  • I swear every time I give a clean catch urine sample they find bacteria in it they want to give me antibiotics for. They just called again this morning to tell me they called in a prescription. I don't like antibiotics unless absolutely necessary, due to my past history with C.diff. 

I don't know what my deal is. I wipe front to back, I bathe every day, I have zero UTI symptoms, and I think I've only had one UTI I knew about shortly after becoming sexually active in college like 20 years ago. I don't get it!

Anyone else have this problem? 
  • Loading the player...
  • @neeraja_k Prior to taking the Group B strep test last time my doula recommended taking a bath with apple cider vinegar in it for each night for 3 days.  Maybe a natural remedy like that would help you?  You may just have a different Ph naturally in your body?
  • @neeraja_k I have no suggestions but that totally sucks. I feel the same about antibiotics because I usually get a raging yeast infection with them. 
  • @livinthesunnylife That's interesting and might be worth trying. I rinse my hair in diluted ACV and it does wonders for that. 

@ladygali Ugh! I've only ever had one yeast infection and it was miserable, so my sympathies to you. 

Ever since the last time I've been adding D-mannose powder to my drinks at home. It supposedly makes your urinary tract inhospitable to E.coli bacteria (the most common UTI culprit). It smells vaguely like maple syrup, but is colorless and flavorless, which is good. This time it was a different strain of bacteria, so maybe it's helped in some respects. 

My sister-in-law swears by it, she and her daughter have had so many UTI's and been on so many antibiotics that there are ones they can't take anymore because of resistance and potential damage. The D-mannose has knocked their incidents from 10+ times a year to one or two. 

I almost just wish they'd leave me alone unless I report symptoms. Sigh. 
  • @neeraja_k curious about the Apple cider vinegar hair rinse. I  have seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp and have tried many natural remedies but it always seems to come back. Do you use the vinegar for flaking or oily scalp by chance?
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @neeraja_k it could just be your body's PH for this pregnancy.  With DD1 I had strep B found in a urine sample at 12 weeks.  They gave me antibiotics for it, but it was still in my urine at 36 weeks so I was treated for it during the birth.  They didn't even need to do the culture for it because there was so much in my urine.

With DD2 I just assumed I'd have it again, but they never found it in my urine and my culture was clean.  Good thing too because I was in labor for less than 4 hours so no way would I have gotten enough doses of antibiotics for it during the birth.  I've never had a UTI or yeast infection in my life.  It's just weird.  Don't know that there is much that can be done about it.
  • @brzvice I use it to "normalize" my scalp. I've never been diagnosed with anything, but I tend to transition from super oily to super flaky with an irritated and itchy scalp that no otc dandruff shampoo helps.

So I've been using Paul Mitchell's Special Tea Tree shampoo, lather and leave it on while I wash the rest of me. I condition my ends with whatever conditioner I have, rinse that out well, and then finish with a rinse with a cold quart of water with 1/4c ACV in it. I just reuse a washed out sour cream tub.

But since I've started doing that every time I shampoo, which is every 2-3 days, my scalp's condition has improved dramatically.

@delujm0 I guess I never thought about my pH changing that much, but I guess it's possible with all of the hormones and supplements. They did go over the Strep B thing at my last appointment, saying I would get a vaginal swab at like 35 weeks or something and if it came back positive I'd get IV antibiotics during labor. Amazing all of the things you learn during this time of life. Heh
  • @neeraja_k they swab your booty hole too. At least, they did me. Super awkward. I hate that test!!! :grimace:

• @delujm0 I'm jealous of your no UTIs and no yeast infections. My OB and I have an agreement that I can call for a yeast infection treatment (1x pill) anytime I need it because I get them A LOT. I always have. But they are worse when I am working out really intensely. Maybe that needs to go on the TMI thread...LOL. 
  •  Ok since no one else has said this you also want to make sure you pee after sex to help prevent UTI.
    Also drinking water really helps. I'm very prone to these and have actually been able to cure very mild ones by drinking tons of water. But please remember if a UTI gets bad enough it can damage your kidneys so in this case you probably want to listen to your doc and take the meds. 

Oh also you're supposed to avoid baths... just remembered that one.. 

Hope this clears up this time!
  • @calimom2524 I can't wait until my sex drive comes back!! 
  • @laufisch I always pee after sex, heh.

But that brings me to my next point, ob says no sex until this corpus luteum cyst shrinks or goes away.  :'(

And like @calimom2524, I'm so ridiculously horny this time, it's awful. I keep trying to peer pressure my DH, and his resolve is stronger than mine. 
  • I realized halfway through the day at work that I never changed my underwear this morning lmao
  • Anyone else already leaking colostrum? I'm already using disposable pads to bed. 
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18