February 2018 Moms

EDD Feb. 25-Mar. 3 // 33 Wks // wk of Jan. 7

33 weeks! Baby is like a celery or a cauliflower! (or about 17-19 inches and 4-6 lbs)
1) How are you feeling? 
2) Any appointments this week? 
3) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
4) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you expected so far
?

Re: EDD Feb. 25-Mar. 3 // 33 Wks // wk of Jan. 7

• 1) How are you feeling? 
    Pregnant. I have heartburn like even when it's been a while since I've eaten. The only thing that doesn't really bother me is white bread. I can't wait for that to be over. And achy back/hips/vaginal area. And more sleepy. Probably because it's hard to get comfy at night due to heartburn and achy back. But generally it could be worse. This is all normal stuff I think.
    No! Exciting since I feel like this is the last week with no appointments until the baby is here. I'll enjoy it. And I did have a good haircut last week. Thanks ladies!
    This is gonna sound greedy and bratty but... rant that we have two things purchased from our registry (a convertible car seat, at least it's a good item, and haakaa manual pump bottles which I purchased myself to get the welcome box). Our baby shower is a week from today. I know I need to just be grateful for whatever happens and no one owes us anything and we will just have to buy whatever we need and don't get ourselves, but I'm just afraid all we'll get is 1. not much, 2. more clothes than we need. We are FTPs so we really kinda need everything to get started. We didn't even register for extravagant stuff like toys and bouncer swing things. It's pretty much all stuff for diapering, nursing, bathing, sleeping, and baby safety. I hope everyone is just being last minute. It's a lot to just buy all of it ourselves. Also, I hope if people end up shopping off-registry, it's easy to return and we can get stuff we need still. So yeah, I know that sounds greedy but we've been concerned lately as it's so close. 
    ?
    Idk what I expected really. I think maybe a little worse? I didn't really know about a lot of the symptoms that exist before I became pregnant and started reading everything. Like I didn't even know fatigue was a symptom and I ended up sleeping through like 60% of 1st trimester. haha. And I knew heartburn was a symptom, but I'd never had it before so I didn't expect it to be major or bother me but it's like all.of.the.time for me now and it's not fun. Now I understand when my husband complains (he has heartburn frequently too, but I think I won for the time being.) Also I thought I'd be able to exercise a lot more and have a "fit pregnancy" but between feeling like stuff is gonna come out every time I lean forward, my hip sockets feeling so sore and achy all the time, and the fatigue, I haven't worked out nearly as much as I thought I would. But that said, I wouldn't call it a "rough" pregnancy. Just that there are a lot more symptoms than I expected and they are real.
  • 1) How are you feeling? very pregnant. I’ve had mild-moderate contractions almost every night for a week now. Last night I had lower back pain along with contractions. 
    2) Any appointments this week? Not till the 17th but I’m going in tomorrow to get checked since I’ve had so many signs of early labor lately.
    3) Rants/Raves/Questions? packed my hospital bag tonight due to my fear of going early! I had to make a target run today to get some things like shampoo and conditioner and maxi pads! Luckily due to my amazing hubby I got to go alone and take my time and sip Starbucks bc he kept our almost 2 year old at home! 
    ? I hate to say this but i don’t enjoy being pregnant. I didn’t with my first and i don’t enjoy it now lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @alice0218 I had the same thoughts about my registry with my first! I had a complete breakdown after my baby shower bc everyone got us cute outfits and some things off the registry but i still felt like I had NOTHING! I panicked! Of course by the time I had my daughter we were ready and had everything and more than we needed! 
  • @RachelR17 oh gosh, I hope you don’t go into labor early but good job getting your bag packed and getting checked. At least we are late enough into the pregnancy that the baby will probably be just fine but it’s still stressful for you I bet. If it gives you any comfort, my brother and I were both premies, for no apparent reason, and we are both healthy adults.

re:registry- I’m sorry you didn’t get the stuff you need for the first baby. Hopefully we get some for the shower and it’s not all clothes but we’ve talked about it too. We’ll just get what we need most urgently first and a little at a time. It’ll work out, it’s just a lot!
  • @alice0218 Try not to stress about your registry.  People are last minute shoppers.  Also, if it's just basic stuff like diapers, bottles, etc--people may not remember to scan it off of your registry.  A lot of stores are good about exchanging those things without much hassle at all.  

@RachelR17 I hope everything goes well at your appointment. I will be thinking about ya!

1) How are you feeling? 
    Feeling good.  By the end of the day I am tired and my back hurts.

No Appointments this week. 

I am just anxious about the baby getting here.  Last night was the first time I thought, "I can't wait to meet you".  He is measuring big and they pushed my up delivery date a week, but the uncertain of delivery makes me crazy.

?
    The first trimester for me is always the worst. TW--having two losses during the first tri--it makes me crazy with anxiety.  End TW  After first tri--I try to keep a positive attitude **this is the easiest this baby will ever be to take care of**.  Sometimes I repeat that daily.  I love feeling him and that he is all mine right now.  I will miss being pregnant once Baby Boy is here.  

Overall feeling good! Definitely getting uncomfortable, especially at the end of the evening/night. Also, starting to think I’m losing my mind because I could have sworn I posted in this thread already but I haven’t. Either that or I posted in the wrong week  :D

Check up on Thursday 

Maternity leave paperwork is a real freaking pain in the ass.

?

I suppose about what I expected? I’m a FTM so it’s hard to judge. I do think overall I’ve had it good, especially when I take a look at the weekly symptoms thread. Some of you ladies have it rough and I give you all the credit in the world!

I can't complain too much. I work with families and a lot of kids and my play therapy sessions are definitely more difficult to keep up with. I need to get better at eating throughout the day rather than big meals. I feel terrible tonight after one bowl of soup.
    Oh, and I have extremely dry skin that's causing kind of a rash on the backs of my hands and neck.
    no appts with my midwives, but I have my annual physical with my PCP on Wednesday. It should be a quick, easy one. Mostly I am going because my husband and I get money deposited into our health savings account for doing the physical and we'll take any monetary help we can get for those hospital bills!
    Going off what @alice0218 mentioned, I'm a little concerned about our baby shower this weekend. I feel selfish thinking/ typing this, but not a lot of the must haves from our registry have been purchased. I'm nervous that my family has just bought all clothes and no practical things. I know I should be grateful for whatever we get, but I really don't want to have to spend a bunch of money right before I go on 12 weeks leave with no pay. It'll all work out, but I'm such a planner that having this out of my control is a little anxiety provoking. 
    ?
    Since our journey to this pregnancy was a long one (TW - 3 miscarriages in 2016, 4 rounds of fertility treatments in 2017), I expected a much more difficult pregnancy. I've gained about 5 more pounds than I wanted at this point, but can't complain too much otherwise. I'm just hoping labor goes equally well!
    @magnolia305I'm going to try to keep your mantra in mind. I can't wait for this little one to show up, but I really want to appreciate the time I am pregnant, too. 
  • @magnolia305 we only registered on Amazon, not any stores. We prefer to just shop online rather than go anywhere and assumed other people did the same. But I suppose maybe people are finding stuff in physical stores and not using the registry. There are still only 2 things purchased and it's in less than a week. Also, I am digging your positive attitude. We are probably all uncomfortable but it's a good reminder to cherish the end of this time. That's what one of my friends told me in the beginning. She wished she appreciated more what a beautiful time being pregnant with your babies is while she was pregnant.

@kristinl492 I bet that paperwork is a PITA but that is lucky you have a maternity leave still! Most Americans don't really have any. Some people don't even get FMLA. But still, I'm sure that paperwork is a bitch. You don't need me to validate your rant. ;)

@RaeleenD I have the feeling I'm going to mostly be getting clothes too. To be fair to the gift givers, before I got married or was having a baby, like when I was single and a little more broke, I didn't want to spend my hard earned money on boring useful stuff. I always bought cute outfits and spent my money how I wanted to and gave the gift I wanted to. Now I understand the importance of registries more and since our wedding I only shop on registries, where before I'd try to be creative and personal with gifts. So I understand if that happens to me. It just sucks that we have so much that we'll still need to buy. Since I hardly leave the house and the baby ain't going nowhere without me  :D I figure we'll try to exchange any surplus of clothes for useful stuff. Hopefully we get gift receipts! For the first few months he probably doesn't need anything to wear but onesies and pajamas anyway.
  • @alice0218 that’s true, I should be more grateful! It’s easy to take stuff like that for granted when I’m just used to it being an option!