May 2018 Moms
Options

Due Date Check-In: Fourth Week of May 5/20-5/26 (1/1)

Weekly check in for people who are due the fourth week of May: 5/20-5/26

How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY:  Let's warm it up. What is your favorite summer activity/thing to do?

Re: Due Date Check-In: Fourth Week of May 5/20-5/26 (1/1)

• Options
    20 weeks tomorrow, due 5/22. Currently the size of a pomegranate, tomorrow the size of an ear of corn?! 

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves?  starting to feel more consistent movement and SO felt baby sister kick last night. 

AS on Wednesday, I think we are going to attempt to bring DS along, should I call the office to make sure it's okay first, or it should be fine to just bring him? He is 2.5 and generally pretty well behaved. 

barbecues and the pool, I love the sun!  DS is really starting to be a big lover of water too, I need to look into another session of swim lessons with him before baby sister arrives. 
  • Options

-19 weeks 5 days, Mango. 

-None.

-20 weeks appt/anatomy scan on Friday, though we did an early gender scan and cake reveal before Christmas...another BOY for us! Mixed feelings about it.

-
    Pool and trips to the beach. :) Love watching DS and pups run and play at the beach, such water babies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bwow615 We have taken our 2yo son with us to every appt including scans. The ladies that work there love to see him. DH has been a huge help when DS doesn’t want to sit still or gets fussy, so if you can have someone go with you just in case it is a big help.
  • Options
    @bwow615 DS is a little older (4 in March) but he’s come to all my appointments including my AS which was a pretty long one.

Of course he decided he was hungry right when she was about to start so my OB got him some snacks and I got I’m set up with his videos on my phone. I did call ahead to make sure it was ok though. Nurse offered to walk him around if he got antsy too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bwow615, definitely call. Our office doesn't like children in during u/s because they can be disruptive and the techs like to concentrate. One of the 2 techs at my OB didn't even like too much talking between dh and I during certain parts.
    I personally do not want the twins to come with. I want us to concentrate on the new baby and enjoy the moments of counting fingers and toes. Plus if God forbid something is wrong, I don't want them there for that, whatever it is. I'd rather us just handle it away from them.

20w1d

Nothing too much going on. Still having those weird pain/cramps, but definitely not as frequently. Still no clue why. Maybe babe and their living quarters were pressing on something? 

A/s on the 10th. A lot less nervous about it after our "sneak peek" at the er this weekend. Tech said head, belly, and legs all measuring on track. It'll be good to find out about the organs and such too.
    I may have an appointment this week depending on if they want me to one in to follow up after the er. I'm hoping not.

I don't really like being outside in the heat, ha. I do love sitting hanging out with people at a bbq, drinking a few beers, playing yard games. 
    We also got a new fence this summer with a gate so our whole backyard is secure for the twins to run around without running out. I loved putting out the sprinkler for them or letting them run wild on their climbers and in their cars. I'm looking forward to that again this year.
  • Options
    19+2; 5/26; size of a mango! 

Feeling baby move a little more. Feeling good, just constantly hungry - I can’t stop eating! 

Jan 15 for an echocardiogram. No concerns, but I have a VSD so it’s a check they like to do. Had one with DD as well. 

Bonfires at night. During the day just hanging out in the backyard. I’m looking forward to being outside a lot this summer! 
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    20 weeks tomorrow! Half way ladies! WOOOT! 

Feeling okay, totally spent from the holidays and haven't been on theBump as a result of all the crazy busy parties etc. Feeling lots of movement these days which puts my mind at ease.

Have the anatomy scan tomorrow, I keep forgetting about it and then remembering and being super excited :)

Spending the day at the lake, swimming, BBQ, laying around in the sun....can't wait to be on maternity leave this summer!
  • Options
    19+5

I'm generally feeling ok but am getting achy towards the end of the day.  Sometimes it feels like my pubic bone is ripping in half like a wishbone. 

Yes my anatomy scan is today!

My favorite part is how late the sun sets!  I love being outside at like 9pm and it's still light out.

@oywiththepoodlesalready I hope your AS went well!

@loko08 I've been soo hungry this week too and am noticing some mild cravings starting up again.  I want popcorn every night before bed.

@suchaglencoco I'm glad to hear all was fine after your ER visit!

@bwow615 this is irrelevant for you now but my office allows kids under 12 only if there's another adult with you.  Hope your scan went well!

• Options
    We ended up taking DS and he was fine, he looked at the screen a few times and said "that's baby sister". He thought the tech was going to look in his tummy too :) 
    Hope everyone is having a good week!
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina the a/s went well, found out we aren't having a girl! Have not gotten a call from the doctor so assuming that all the images looked good and no indications of issues. Let us know how yours goes today! 

@bwow615 That is great thatcher your son did well at the scan. how did the scan go besides that? 
  • Options
    @hcrish @bwow615 i wish  my not quite  2.5yo DD came. She loves the US pictures. But she is a busy body and way too inquisitive. Too much in that room for her to get into and ask. "Whats this". For me to just tell her and ask her to put it back, only to be followed by her favorite  phrase as of late "i cant"  :#:#
  • Options
    @oywiththepoodlesalready glad it went well and congrats on a girl!  My appointment was cancelled because of snow :( they said tomorrow is fully booked too but they are going to try their best to fit me in 
  • Options
    How far along are you? When is your due date? What's the size of your LO? 20+3 . Due 5/22. At the AS tues she measured 12oz, bump app says banana. Which may be accurate for her bc she is measuring long, not like abnormal, just long. Dd1 was 2, a s both me.and hubby are on the taller size.

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? currently sitting at home with a blizzard lol. I am still getting over this cold or whatever it is. So my vacation week to take time for myself and stuff around the house turned  me into a lazy sick oaf lol. But i think im getting better, so trying to get stuffdone today. Im mentally exhausted by life in general. Can i just take break from like? Lol :D

Any upcoming appointments? AS this past Tuesday. So no appts until Feb 1st for check in. I am debating avout getting and elective 3d US again with this DD, but not till  like 26/28w

GTKY:  Let's warm it up. What is your favorite summer activity/thing to do . anythi ng outside by the water and beach. Just anything outside in general alone and with others. I also love to go to a local vineyard with friends and our kids. Bring your own food,  relax, just enjoy company.  The wine and the viewis good too  ;)
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina, that stinks!!! Hopefully they'll squeeze you in tomorrow. 
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina that is a bummer! Hope they can get you in tomorrow! 

@angleyes989 baby was 12 ounces at my scan on Tuesday too! US tech said it is the 53 percentile. 
  • Options
    @oywiththepoodlesalready woohoo. did they give you CRL (crown rump length)? I remember getting a lot more measurements with DD1 than this time. This AS went by so much quicker but that's also because dd2 cooperated with being in the right position LOL.  The only other one i noticed was that her leg measurements were coming in at 21wks gestation (hence being long lol) everything else measured right at 20+1 to 20+5. 
  • Options
    I didn't ask for the measurements but assume everything went fine since nothing was discussed.  We also had the NIPT blood test around 11 weeks and that came back with no issues.  
    DS did open the door and leave the room after i was instructed to go to the bathroom and come back out for the transvaginal part... he basically opened the door while i was on the table with my legs pointing in the direction of the door.  SO just went right along with him without hesitation, lol.  
    @fraufarbissina hopefully they can get you in quickly! That's the worst when you have your plans set and stuff changes at the last minute.  
  • Options
    They can't see me until Tuesday morning!!! I'm comforting myself by saying that I'll be further along by then so they'll be able to get better pictures.  

@bwow615 that just reminded me that they made my husband leave during the transvaginal part of my AS last time.  Thay made no sense to me but I didn't say anything about it.  
  • Options
    @fraufarbissina for real, nothing he hasn't seen before. and less than a week away for your rescheduled appt, it will be here before you know it! 
  • Options
    @angleyes989 they didn't give me any other specifics, I felt like last time they told us way more but it might have just been that we had a chatty teach. 

@fraufarbissina hopefully you can stay inside and warm tomorrow even if you can't see the babe. 
  • Options
    Weekly check in for people who are due the fourth week of May: 5/20-5/26

How far along are you? When is your due date? 

20 weeks. Banana!

We we had our Anatomy scan - we found out what we’re having (another girl!). We were team green. I crumbled. Real fast.  :D

I’ve been feeling okay - I’m starting to get a lot of leg cramps.  And I’ve been having acid reflux the past few days. 

Nope! Next one isn’t for another two weeks. 

GTKY:  Let's warm it up. What is your favorite summer activity/thing to do

laying by the pool with a fruity cocktail and a good book!
  • Options
    @pandakov I had bad leg cramps with DD. One thing that really helped me was stretching then taking a bath (lukewarm) with lavender oil or lavender bubbles. Hope they get better soon!
  • Options
    How far along are you? When is your due date? 
    20 weeks; 5/24/18. After the ultrasound, but dude date was moved back one day. 

hcrish I too am having lots of feelings about this. If you want to chat about it more, let me know.

I'm doing a lot more yoga to help my body feel better and it's working! I definitely recommend regular stretching if yoga isn't your thing. My nausea has finally gone and I think I've recovered from the holidays.

Not for 2 more weeks.

GTKY:  Let's warm it up. What is your favorite summer activity/thing to do
    Being outside! Walking, running, hiking, etc. Reading books in the sunshine. :smile: