May 2018 Moms
Options

Major Help Needed!

Hi Ladies, I have an issue at work and would really like some advice. 
Just to give you a bit of background:
I work in London for a Boutique Investment Bank in HR. A old manager got in touch with me and offered me the job. I vowed never to work in IB again but i was in an awful job so I accepted. 
At this point I'll say that my Manager is also a semi friend. She is manages up very well but doesn't manage those that report into her very well. Over promises and leaves me to deliver (there are only two of us working in HR looking after our European offices). I thought that she would have changed but after 3 months I realised that she hadn't. I stayed as the mat package (6months at full pay) was excellent.
I am now 22 weeks and I have so much anxiety even thinking about work. She has no empathy for pregnant women. She is a working mum and her husband looks after her son -he works from home.
I have had a terrible viral infection over Christmas and New Year's and the Dr signed me off for a week last Wednesday, he said i must think about baby and get better. I am currently at home and go back on Thursday. Manager text me this morning asking how I am getting on. I instantly felt panic and anxiety as i know how she feels about others taking time of for what she called a 'cold' in her message (passive aggressive). 
I should also say I have not logged into my phone and laptop since I got back from the Drs last Wednesday- absolutely unheard of for me. I have felt the most calm and at peace since I've been off but as soon as I heard from her I fell apart. 
I'm not sure what to do :( I will go on mat leave as of end of April. How do I ride the rest out?? Do i speak to her about how I feel? I feel so silly asking as I know as a HR professional what I would advise employees but it's so different when it's yourself :(
I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 4 months.
Thanks for taking the time out to read xxx

Re: Major Help Needed!

• Options
    Hi @superparanoidpreggo!  Congratulations on your pregnancy.  If you wouldn't mind reading the *READ THIS FIRST* thread, introducing yourself, and then joining in some of the daily/weekly threads, I think all of us here would be a lot more willing to read your post and respond.  We'd love to have you join us, but we don't know who you are.  So feel free to put a quick introduction in the Intro thread, and ask your question on one of the Weekly Question threads.  Thanks, and welcome!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17