April 2018 Moms
Options

Friday Ticker Change 1/5/18

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling lately?

3. Any appointments coming up?

4. Rants, Raves, Questions?

5. GTKY: Now that you have been pregnant for a while, is there anything you regret thinking about or saying to another pregnant woman? Lord forgive me, for I have judged...

Re: Friday Ticker Change 1/5/18

• Options
    1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 25 weeks, baby is a cauliflower

Honestly, pretty terrific. 

Yesterday was my monthly. Baby looks great, measuring two days ahead and I'm still fully unrestricted in terms activities, yay! I also passed the GD test, phew! I was super lightheaded and nauseous from the drink. They drew blood when I was lying down for my ultrasound and she didn't really seal me up very well so I ended up bleeding all over the place. My DH was getting squeamish as usual and all i could think about is what's going to happen the first time he gets peed on by our son. Guys I am the worst spouse!!!
    snow white laughing GIF

I am really struggling with whether or not we should get a nanny or do daycare. I had assumed we would go nanny, but then I found a super daycare not too far from work and it is really appealing. I'm late to apply so I think the baby would first be placed elsewhere but eventually I think we could get into our choice. I just can't decide. 

5. GTKY: Now that you have been pregnant for a while, is there anything you regret thinking about or saying to another pregnant woman? Lord forgive me, for I have judged... 
    I think about this ALL the time now. Like I used to wonder why pregnant women were always touching their bellys and now here I am, right this second, with a hand on my tummy. I really regret saying ANYTHING about how a pregnant woman looks other than to say you look beautiful and you are so courageous. Bc any time someone comments on my appearance, I feel so self-conscious and uncomfortable. I wish I could hunt down all the ladies I said were looking ready to deliver any minute (I never said popped, but still), and say how very sorry I am. 
    sad black and white GIF
  • Options
    26 weeks, bowling pin
    Some aches and pains. The top of my bump aches a lot. Like right underneath my boobs. I'm wondering if it's because I hunch from scoliosis. 
    Not until the 23rd. My bimonthly was supposed to start next week but my OB cancelled all of her appointments for that day (most likely taking her 400th vacation of the year). They said no need to reschedule. Also I'm waiting to do the glucose test until next week because I don't feel like going out in the artic.
    Rant...bare with me, this may get long.
    My SIL, H's sister, has decided she wants to put her house up for sale the end of this month. She has planned to move for a few years, but was waiting to get out of debt. She decided she's in the mood to do it now just because she wants to. She also wants to wait to sell and have the cash before finding a new house/putting in a bid. She asked H if she and her 2 kids can move in with us until she finds a house after hers sells. Could she pick a more inconvenient time? For some added info: 1) I am extremely introverted and do not deal well with long term guests. 2) Her 10yo antagonizes my 3yo just to do it for laughs, but tries to do it when no one is watching (creepy). 3) I am a cranky ass pregnant lady! 4) still need to get this house ready for the baby. 5) I think she is grossly under estimating the time line to sell and buy a home.
    After finally getting H to understand this is bad timing, there is no way I want roommates with a newborn, and she is not being forced to move this is her choice, he text her. Basically said this is bad timing for us. Is there anyway you can wait until Fall? She came back all pissy saying she will "never forget this, this is what I expected, I have enough respect not to tell mom (um what...?) Even though we (her & their mother) both knew this was the expected answer" blah blah, spoiled twat. I am livid. I would never put someone in this position. And again, this is a want, not a need. Why should I be inconvenienced and stressed out because she got in the mood to move right now? 
    If you made it through that, thanks for "listening" haha. I needed the vent. And I  need a drink.
    Well this one came to mind duuring my 1st pregnancy. I am such an asshole. While my brother's wife was in labor about 10 years ago I said something to the effect of "suck it up". Now, I was just kidding and trying to lighten the mood/make her laugh. But wow. Seriously clueless over here. I still feel bad and brought it up to her recently and apologized for being an idiot.
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @stalkinghorse yay for passing the glucose test! 
    Child care is still the number one thing that stresses me out with having a kid. In the end you have to go with your gut and what's best  for your family. We did in home daycare when I first went back. Just one lady by herself and we knew others that used her previously and at that time. I am now against that situation because she had had no accountability. I, and others, were suspicious of what really went down when it was just her and the kids. 
    I am really praying I can stay home until both boys are in school. Buuuuut, that's wishful thinking.

• Options
    @stalkinghorse awesome to hear about a good appt and that you passed your GTT. I'm still in the dreading mine category lol.

As far as nanny v. daycare, you could always try one way and then if you dislike it, switch to the other option.

Serious lol at your GIF use!

@sapphires-and-diamonds is your OB really absent?? Did she give you odds on her vs another practitioner delivering your LO?? Sounds stressful to me!

As far as your SIL, I'll be the one to say it, what a total bitch! WOW! Ridiculous enough that she asked, but then to be a total ass when you guys said no is horrible I would struggle to say yes to my single, childless, SIL. I can't imagine a whole family moving in with us... I'm so sorry that she's stressing you out when you should be enjoying the last few months of this pregnancy!
  • Options
    27 weeks, size of lettuce lol. Who the hell knows anymore?!?

Feeling pretty good, other than some pain up in my RUQ where I had my gallbladder out. Think it's just from scar tissue issues, but gonna talk to my doc about it when I go.

On the 15th. That's when I do my GTT.

Rave for this week is that today is DH's 30th and tomorrow I'm throwing him a surprise Bob Ross Painting Party! I can't wait to see his face! I think he's going to freak out and I'm SO excited to pull it off.

Rant for the week is about my SIL ( @sapphires-and-diamonds we all have SIL problems apparently lol) She and her boyfriend agreed MONTHS ago and confimed just last week that they would be taking part in DH painting party. I hired a local artist friend of mine to do the party for us (she does it for a living) and she was expecting 14 people.

Wednesday night SIL texts me, no explanation, nothing and says "We aren't going to make it to the party to paint, we will be there at 5 instead."

It's not the end of the world, but she does shit like this all the time and it just makes me crazy. I'm probably just pregnant annoyed, but it just seems rude, but only to her brother, but to my friend who is now out $40 and the cost of supplies.

I think I've said some stuff like "Holy shit, you're so big" but only to people I am friends with never to co workers or strangers. Maybe that's still rude, but if those same friends said it to me, I'd be like "DUUUDDEE, I KNOW!"

• Options
    @stalkinghorse I am so glad you are feeling great and passed the GTT. I am also struggling with the childcare decision. As a professor, I am fortunate that I will be off from the time he is born until the Fall semester starts in August, so I have a little bit more time to figure it out, but part of me still feels like I should be putting feelers out now. So much pressure!
    @sapphires-and-diamonds Girl. Your SIL sounds like a real peach (eye roll). It was beyond inconsiderate of her to even ask, and I think you made the absolute right decision for you and your family. As a mother herself, she should be more understanding of the timing of things!

@ftm_ohio Your husband's surprise party sounds so fun! Good luck with everything--I threw my DH a surprise 40th back in July and had a big bounce house (bc my husband is a man child) and unbeknowst to me at the time I was bouncing and flopping around with a baby boy in me :)

1. 26 weeks--baby is as big as... kale? TB is getting a little ridiculous with these comparisons...

2. I am feeling pretty great other than some back/hip pain and some round ligament pain. 

3. Had my normal checkup yesterday and every thing is right on track. This was the first time they measured my fundal height and it was right at 26 cm so that made me feel good. I go back on the 25th for my GTT--prayers and good thoughts appreciated.

4. Well, it seems we have a theme for this week's rants--my BIL (husband's bro) and his wife royally ticked me off last week! This is a bit of a long one too and will make me sound like the world's biggest brat, but oh well--letting my spoil only child out on this one lol! 
    Backstory: BIL, SIL, and two nieces live in Tampa. My MIL has a condo in Longboat Key, about an hour south of Tampa, and she goes down every year right after Christmas and stays through February. The last few years, DH and I have gone down with her for the week after Christmas through New Years. This year we were down there for 6 nights. One night, we drove to Tampa to see the in laws and spent the night at their house and left the next day after lunch. Then, they had the nerve to invite themselves down to the condo the very next day to spend the day with us. I know I should be more understanding/excited to see family, but they basically took up 3 days of our 6 day mini vacation. Even my husband and mother in law, who are blood relatives of these people agreed that it was too much--esp since MIL is there for the next 6 weeks and will see them plenty! Oy! @sapphires-and-diamonds I know a three day visit pales in comparison to asking to move in for an indeterminate amount of time so feel free to tell me to get over it, but it just irked me the way they just assumed/invited themselves without considering what we might have had planned or wanted to do. Ok, rant over. Moving on. 

5. I think (hope?) I have always been pretty nice/considerate in my conversations with pregnant women, but I think my regret now that I am on this side of the Bump is asking the generic "how are you feeling?" question too much. This one irks the SH*T out of me, particularly when I get asked it on an almost daily basis by someone in my life, so I am sure the pregnant ladies I have interacted with have just internally rolled their eyes when naive me asked them the same thing, especially because I think we all wish we could answer truthfully and say something like "I pee all the time and I have a recurring nightmare that my baby bursts out of my stomach like the creature from the Alien movies."  LOL!  I think from now on I will go with a more generic "how are things going?"

Hope everyone is having a good start to the new year and staying warm wherever you are--it was a high of 18 here in central Kentucky today. Ugh....

• Options
    @mcg920 my DH would LOVE a bounce castle haha, gotta love a man-child.

Very glad to hear your check up went well! My dr never tells me my fundal height even though he measures it at every visit, but baby boy was over a week ahead at my A/S...

We definitely have a theme of in law problems this week haha. I'm sorry about your situation in FL. Of course it's nice to see them, but you're also in FL, not the butt cold Midwest, you wanna do your own thing! Being upset is TOTALLY understandable!

I didn't think about it, but you're right, I did used to ask my prego friends how they were feeling and it IS really annoying!

It was a balmy 11° in SE Ohio today lol. I hate to even ask, but @stalkinghorse how are the temps in SoCal?
  • Options
    Lol to all the IL problems. What's their deal??

@ftm_ohio my OB takes off a ton. 3 scheduled appointments I have are with other Drs in the practice because she's on vacation. As far as L&D it's a crap shoot. Whoever is on rounds at the hospital when you deliver is who you get. With DS1 I had a different OB when I delivered, but I liked her fine.
    Your husband's party sounds like so much fun! I hope he's surprised and excited. Let us know how it turns out.

@mcg920 I think you were totally justified to be mad. I would have felt like my vacation was taken over too. 

SIL update - she talked to H today and apologized for her reaction. I guess she had a rough day and had a few glasses of wine when she got his text. Whatever. Regardless, she still had a shitty conversation with my MIL prior to all this about them expecting me to say no. And I feel asking in the first place was ridiculous. So I'm still salty.

On the plus side it looks like this is the last day of bitter cold for us for a while! In the 20s tomorrow in NE Ohio!

• Options
    Holy crap, what is going on with all the in laws they are all behaving appallingly!

@sapphires-and-diamonds I don’t even know where to begin with your SIL but all of it just goes beyond the pale. The nonsense of talking to your MIL about their expecting you to say no? AYFKM? You are pregnant. This is an outrageous demand. What a bunch of garbage. I’m so sorry. 

@mcg920 I agree with everyone, we get so little vacation in this country. The whole point of vacation is that we have agency rather than the normal demands of every day life. You are totally justified in being annoyed. I wouldn’t have trusted myself to be so diplomatic honestly. 

@ftm_ohio I literally clapped my hands like a toddler reading about your husbands party, that is so creative and cool.  I would have been so steamed if especially a relative flakes on the painting part with no real explanation or apology. You’ve obviously been planning this for a long time and that is just plain shitty. I’m so sorry!

i will sheepishly admit it’s 65 today. This week we hit high 70s in LA, it was absurdly pleasant. When I lived in NYC my parents used to cal me to brag abt weather so I try never to mention it with those when it’s cold. 

It it looks like the daycare I’m most interested in has a 18-24 month wait, so we will probably have to go nanny at first... oh well! 
  • Options
    ftm_ohioftm_ohio member
    edited January 2018
    @sapphires-and-diamonds how did I not know you were also in OH?? 

I think that's awful about your OB. With mine there is a 95% chance he will deliver. There are other docs in the hospital, but he only misses deliveries if he is out of town which makes me feel better. Not that other doctors aren't capable, but I just feel better knowing that the one who followed me will likely deliver.

As far as your SIL, wine or no wine, it certainly doesn't excuse her behavior! I'm glad she apologized, but seems a little late.

The party went GREAT! It was a total blast and my husband was more visibly excited than I've ever seen him in our whole life together (he's a very calm/reserved person)! Here's a picture of the whole gang with our paintings.

@stalkinghorse I did ASK about the temp, so it's not like you're rubbing it in my face haha! 

That's an insane wait list for your daycare!! Hopefully you guys find a good nanny and then you maybe won't need to worry about it!
  • Options
    @ftm_ohio I thought maybe we acknowledged early on that we're both in OH, but now I'm second guessing myself and could be thinking of someone else.

I wasn't thrilled when I learned how my practice handled who delivered. However when I was actually in the hospital I didn't gaf who it was, as long as they knew what they were doing. Had I been high risk or had other specific needs I may have felt differently and more comfortable with someone who knew me. 
    I'm so glad your party turned out well and your husband was excited! Those paintings are great. 

• Options
    @sapphires-and-diamonds who knows, I can't remember anything, so you could be 100% right!

Maybe it's my FTM feelings, but I think I will be upset if my doc isn't there when we have this baby. Who knows?