1st Trimester

Head cold..should i be worried?

Hey girls.

Just wondering have any of you gotten a head cold while pregnant? Ive a head cold at the monent. Should i go to the gp or am I ok?? Will baby be ok? Im only over 8 weeks along. 

Thanks a mill

Re: Head cold..should i be worried?

• it's fine.  it's annoying, because you can't take any of the good drugs, but it's fine.  if you spike a fever, make sure you take Tylenol (acetaminophen) and not Advil/Motrin (ibuprofen).  that's about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • It never ceases to amaze me when women post on here to ask for medical advice instead of calling their provider.

@randomknottie Please call your OB if you are concerned. Don’t ask for advice from random internet strangers without medical degrees. 
  • Hey girls.

Just wondering have any of you gotten a head cold while pregnant? Ive a head cold at the monent. Should i go to the gp or am I ok?? Will baby be ok? Im only over 8 weeks along. 

Thanks a mill
    QFP

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • You’ll be fine but call your doctor for a list of safe medications. In some cases they suggest to wait after 12 wks.
  • It never ceases to amaze me when women post on here to ask for medical advice instead of calling their provider.

@randomknottie Please call your OB if you are concerned. Don’t ask for advice from random internet strangers without medical degrees. 
    No need to be rude. Was only a small question. You dont need to respond if you dont know. 

No need to be rude. Was only a small question. You dont need to respond if you dont know. 
    QFP

for what it’s worth, you ARE asking an internet forum for medical advice. Even some OTC meds can be dangerous to a fetus, and no one here is google or your doctor.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • I agree I do not think her response was rude. We have zero knowledge of your medical history. Which can be very very important when giving any form of medical advice. what if you trust a stranger and god forbid something terrible were to happen? Would you want to say to your dr? "well no I didn't ask for you for advice but rather sought remedies and advice from a bunch of strangers on the internet" 

She was simply trying to help is all
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Im only new to the app. Thats why it was my first comment. It was only a question. I wasnt askn for medical advise. I know to go to my doctor if it was very bad. I probably should have worded it differently maybe. I genuinely wasnt asking the question to get actual medical advise. Im definitely not just using this only for medical advise. 

Sorry for saying your rude.. just thought was weird because i genuinely didnt write this post just for medical advise. Was my way to get started on the app i suppose. I dont know.. anyway ill stop now rambling on. 
  • Im only new to the app. Thats why it was my first comment. It was only a question. I wasnt askn for medical advise. I know to go to my doctor if it was very bad. I probably should have worded it differently maybe. I genuinely wasnt asking the question to get actual medical advise. Im definitely not just using this only for medical advise. 

Sorry for saying your rude.. just thought was weird because i genuinely didnt write this post just for medical advise. Was my way to get started on the app i suppose. I dont know.. anyway ill stop now rambling on. 
    A good way to get started around here is to join your BMB....which I’m assuming should be August 2018. It also helps to log onto the Knot and change your Knottie username to something more recognizable so people can get to know you. I’m hoping you are feeling better by now, too.