February 2018 Moms

*Happy New Year!* EDD Feb. 25 - Mar. 3 // 32 Wks // Wk of 12.31

32 weeks! Baby is like a Jansport backpack (what?!?!), a jicama, or a pomelo!
1) How are you feeling? 
2) Any appointments this week? 
3) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
4) GTKY: Do you make resolutions for a new year? If so tell us one. If not, what are you thinking of 
(wishes/goals/hopes, etc.) for the new year?

Re: *Happy New Year!* EDD Feb. 25 - Mar. 3 // 32 Wks // Wk of 12.31

• 1) Feeling just like last week physically. I.e. persistent heartburn and then it makes my head feel like it's going to explode when I try to bend over to put on socks or underwear or anything. Like just red faced and out of breath. Otherwise good!
    2)OB appointment Thursday. And a haircut and color on Wednesday!!!! :D So excited. I have't had my hair cut or colored since I think late August or early September!
    3) Just realizing how soon it is! We have less than 2 months! I'll say that is a "rave" since it isn't something bad but damn... I have a lot to do before that. I just realized today how close it's getting today. And then some babies come early so we might not even have that much time. It's hard to believe I just have about 6-8 weeks left of being a non-parent! Exciting, but woah! :o
    4) I don't really set resolutions because I just don't believe they make any difference in like 95% of cases, but of course I am hoping and wishing for a safe, healthy birth experience and baby, also I quit my job about 6 months ago to start my own business doing graphic design and brand strategy and I just have a lot of goals related to that. I want to be in a place where I have enough side work to have at least some income always even if it's small, and then bigger clients and projects at least one per quarter this year. I know a new business takes time to be profitable, but I want it to turn that corner and start growing. We need it with a family starting!
  • 1) How are you feeling? 
    Feeling good!  I had two days last week where I couldn't get comfortable and just felt like crap.  I think it was because I was a bit dehydrated.  I increase my fluids and bunch and felt better  a bit later. 

I had an appointment on Friday.  Baby is measuring quiet big, but everything looks good.  I was told that I will be delivering this baby by 39 weeks--which is exciting!

I am just trying to get motivated to get all of this little man's stuff in order.  All of his things are washed--I just need to put clothes away, get all of the seats out, put the bassinet together...things like that!

4) GTKY: Do you make resolutions for a new year? If so tell us one. If not, what are you thinking of 
    I just try to refocus on being a better person.  Nothing crazy.

@alice0218 Enjoy getting your hair done!  I did that two weeks ago--it's so nice to pamper yourself!
  • Loading the player...
  • @magnolia305 thank you! i will. I don't even have anything special I want, it just needs to be trimmed up and refreshed. And good job washing everything already! I haven't even done that much. Granted, we've only bought a few things so far so it's not even enough for a full load.
    Meh.  Hips are killing me constantly and she is pushing so hard on everything all the time.  I would rather her just kick me all the time than these long pushes.
    On Tuesday.  I seriously feel like it's all the dang time now lol.
    So glad all the holiday craziness is finally over and going in to the home stretch since my c-section is officially scheduled for the 20th of Feb.  Need to whip my butt in to gear and finish getting everything ready!
    Don't really do resolutions anymore, but just hoping for an easy transition for all of us going from a family of 3 to a family of 4.
  •  1) How are you feeling?
    Back to throwing up this week and I'm annoyed by it

Reg ob  appt
     I dont usually make resolution but this year I want to stick to a budget and hopefully find a new job
    I’ve been better! Lol sciatic nerve still being pinched and I’ve had some contractions this weekend! If I rest they stop but if I’m up and moving around they start up again! 

Tomorrow with my OB! 

I’m going to rave about myself! This is my second baby and it’s another girl so I’ve been really lazy about getting anything ready! Saturday I finally got my newborn and 0-3 month bins unpacked and organized in the baby’s nursery! It turned out cuter than I thought it would! (I’ll add a picture!)

I don’t make resolutions but after this baby is born my goal for 2018 is to get into shape! This is my last baby and I’m ready to like the way i look again! 
  • @alice0218 enjoy your hair appointment! I’m jealous! I need to get that scheduled before the baby comes! 
  • Nothing like waiting until the last day of the week to particiapte. I've been meaning to make more time for getting ready for the baby and to post more and this week just got away from me....
    1) How are you feeling? 
    I have had a cold for a week that just isn't going away. Otherwise, I've been doing well. Started the next session of prenatal yoga which makes me feel so much better after spending an hour stretching.
    I had one on Tuesday. I met a new midwife and didn't really care for her, so I hope she's not the one on call when I go into labor. I'm measuring a week ahead, which isn't a surprise, since this baby has been ahead since the first ultrasound. 
    Not really. I just need to start making getting everything else ready for the baby a priority. We've been pretty ahead of the game, just in a holding pattern waiting for the shower next weekend. I think that once I know what we have, we can make a better plan of what else needs to be done and I'll feel back on track.
    I don't usually make resolutions. I'm really focused on this transition to motherhood for this year, which includes trying to make some career changes so I'm not working so many hours. I work with a lot of kids and families, so my evenings are often full, but with a new baby, my priorities are going to be changing and I need to make some new work boundaries.
  • @alice0218 I hope you had a great hair appointment and were able to really pamper yourself. 

@RachelR17 your closet looks super cute! I wish mine was that organized right now. ☺

I’m feeling good. Acid reflux here and there, definitely run out of energy and breath faster these days! 

Next week

I just really want a glass of freaking wine. I know technically I can have one and I’m not opposed to the occasional glass during pregnancy, but it’s just not the same. I so would not enjoy it the way I want to. 

Meh, not really. Though this year it feels like all my pre-baby goals/to-do could be taken as resolutions.