September 2018 Moms

PAIF Check-in w/o 1.4.18

How far along are you? How big is baby?

Diagnosis? / WWYDTGKU? (What were you doing to get knocked up)

How are things going?  How are you feeling?

Upcoming appointments?

Who have you told so far about your pregnancy?  Is there anyone you're not looking forward to telling?

What are you most excited about with this baby?  Are you getting excited yet, or still in shock/disbelief?

Where would you live if you could move anywhere in the world?

Re: PAIF Check-in w/o 1.4.18

• cbobell2009cbobell2009 member
    edited January 2018
    How far along are you? How big is baby? I'm 5 + 2 today.

Diagnosed with PCOS in January of 2017. We did two rounds of chlomid with no success, moved to an RE and did two rounds of gonal-f and ovidrel trigger. However, after the second round I got two large cysts on my right ovary resulting in an ovarian torsion and an emergency surgery removing my right ovary and tube. After the removal of that tube and ovary my cycle returned on it's own. I ovulated for the first time in 16 months by myself the first month. I realized it too late so we missed our window. The second month I paid more attention and we ended up here. I'm in total shock and disbelief. We were prepared to do one more round of injectable before moving onto IVF.

How are things going?  How are you feeling? Things are going good. I'm a nervous wreck.

Upcoming appointments? Ultrasound appointment on January 12th.

Who have you told so far about your pregnancy?  Is there anyone you're not looking forward to telling?
    So far we've told my parents and our best friends who happen to by my DHs brother and sister-in-law. Not looking forward to tell the Inlaws because they can't keep anything to themselves.

What are you most excited about with this baby?  Are you getting excited yet, or still in shock/disbelief? I'm cautiously excited. I really want to be excited and let it all sink it but as of right now I just can't give myself that joy. I found out very early so the more time that passes the more real it seems, I'll get there.

Where would you live if you could move anywhere in the world?
    Honestly, right where I am. I love where I live and the people in my community.

Me: 26 DH:28

Married:10/25/14

TTC#1: August 2016

• edited January 2018
    @cbobell2009 Congratulations!!!  Sounds like you've had quite the adventure!  I hope too, the more time goes by, you'll be able to feel the JOY of your little miracle!!! ❤❤❤  it's hard tho - I kwym, it almost doesn't seem real yet.

4+4, a Poppyseed!

Diagnosis? / WWYDTGKU? (What were you doing to get knocked up)  Azoospermia.  We eventually had a successful sperm retrieval for DH, two rounds of IVF for me, a polypectomy, a CP, and finally a BFP from our second FET on 12/22.

I am excited!  I POAS again this morning and got a total blazer!!!  I told DH that was hopefully the last HPT I'd need to pee on, and he was like, "yeah, that line's not getting any darker!" Lol. So still cautious - bc reality, but I am trying to let it all sink in.

Upcoming appointments?
    Tuesday, 1/9 is my first scan at the RE (5+2) just to see the yolk sac and positioning.

I have a select handful of friends out of state who knew we were TTC, DH obviously, and the Pharmacist lol. I may have told a couple random customers just for fun, but I haven't told work yet, either.  SIL knows we transferred, but I haven't told her anything conclusive, except, "so far, so good," when we saw her before New Year's....  Not looking forward to telling work, really.  I do want to tell my mom, but I have mixed feelings about it.  She had a weird reaction before when the topic of kids came up, so I'm not sure how it's going to go.  And then she will probably blab.  So I'm not sure I can tell her ahead of anyone else when it gets right down to it. :/

What are you most excited about with this baby?  Are you getting excited yet, or still in shock/disbelief?
    Excited - yes, but still in shock/disbelief.  Hard to imagine after all this time, struggling and fighting through our IF, we may actually, finally(!), be getting our dream come true...

<span>Where would you live if you could move anywhere in the world?
    </span>Oooh.... I know DH would definitely not stay in NJ, that's for sure.  [ETA I do like where we are, but]  Total fantasy land?  Somewhere nice temperate mediterranean coastal like Greece or Italy, something like that. Or maybe full on tropical like Bali.  I hate being landlocked.
    *typo
  • Loading the player...
  • @BusinessWife thank you!! Congratulations to you!! You've also had quite the journey and we both know the journey of IF can be heartbreaking and trying. So happy your blazer is helping it sink it a little. It's so very hard to believe it's all really happening. Will be sending ALL the vibes your way for your ultrasound!

• speechiemegspeechiemeg member
    edited January 2018
    3+5, a chia seed!

Polyglandular dysfunction, endometriosis, MTHFR gene mutation and c section scar defect.  I took Femara and am currently on progesterone pills.

Good... just nervous. My first HCG draw from 10dpo came back at a 15 which is low but I also know that it was very early.

Upcoming appointments?
    I’m going for my 2nd blood draw in a bit here so I’m just hoping that the numbers are increasing properly.

My bff and my 2 office mates at work (they both New that we’ve been TTC and one had a dream that I came back from the holidays pregnant and I told her she was crazy
  • @cbobell2009 I am so happy to hear you got a positive after all of that! I also have PCOS and it can be brutal. Though I definitely haven't gone through what you have gone through to get here!

How far along are you? How big is baby? 5 weeks 6 days. ALMOST a maine blueberry. 

Diagnosis? / WWYDTGKU? (What were you doing to get knocked up) OPKs, taking a suppplement called pregnitude as i have PCOS and it is supposed to help regulate your cycles and improve egg quality naturally. I started it only a couple weeks before we conceived, so I can happily say, so far, that it worked! Also on Metformin for 4.5 years to help insulin resistance which is associated with PCOS. 

How are things going?  How are you feeling?  I feel great! I am more tired than usual, but other than that I have this odd feeling of elation and content. No sickness no nothing. of course, at least once a day then I lose my feeling of content and panic because I have no symptoms. 

Upcoming appointments? Had our first u/s today! Baby measured right to where I thought she would (I call her she, which is probably just major wishful thinking, but I can't help it, it is just a feeling).  Heartbeat of 114 which the tech said was very strong for this early on.  So that made me feel a lot better and put my mind at ease.  Have my next full initial appointment on 1/30. It seems SO far away.  We are going to Disney World for a week in between now and then which should help time pass but I am also paranoid about over exerting myself, rides etc.  Rationally I know if baby is healthy and going to stay put she is going to do so and my extra walking won't have an effect. But I can't help but me nervous. 

Who have you told so far about your pregnancy?  Is there anyone you're not looking forward to telling? My sister and BIL, as well as my parents.  I found out really early at 3 weeks 4 days (12/20) and was able to tell my parents on Christmas Eve.  I told my sister before I told my husband because she lives down the street, has 4 of her own and was home. I didn't know what to do when I got the BFP so I walked right over to her house! haha. We are waiting to tell most everyone else until we hit the 12 week mark. Though I will be telling some close friends this weekend. I am a major wine drinker so it's going to be a dead give away when I don't have any! 

What are you most excited about with this baby?  Are you getting excited yet, or still in shock/disbelief? I am SO excited. I am just excited to expand our family, and for my baby to have cousins close in age like I did. And excited to watch her grow and evolve.  I am also really nervous that it goes well, especially these early weeks. And my husband is clearly in disbelief, so I am worried about how he does with it all (he has a history of anxiety/depression and panic attacks). 

Where would you live if you could move anywhere in the world? I Love the Boston area. So I may stay put (we just moved into our new house in November).  Otherwise I would move to Edinburgh Scotland. It's my favorite city and instantly felt like home.

• @speechiemeg my first blood draw only had a level of 31 with my second draw coming in at 107 and third at 1,212. I'm sure all is fine! Sending good vibes your way for your draw!

• @cbobell2009 Thank you! Those are some great increases! I’m hoping for a similar result!
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 5 Weeks 4 days - orange seed

Diagnosis? / WWYDTGKU? (What were you doing to get knocked up). Blocked tube, possible endo and possible egg quality issue (I am 38)

we did 2 rounds of clomid and TI- bfn
    started seeing RE.  Did iui with letrozole and trigger- CP
    5 more IUIs with Gonal f and trigger_ - all bfn
    just completed 1st and last round of ivf

I am doing okay- super nervous as betas aren’t doubling like they “should” but rise is getting better.

Upcoming appointments? 1/9 ultrasound 

Who have you told so far about your pregnancy?  Is there anyone you're not looking forward to telling? I have actually told quite a few people- I need all the prayers and good thoughts I can get.  I also needed some assistance with my other daughter and injections and possibly someone to take me to retrieval based on timing since my husband had to go out of town. 

I am excited that after such a long time trying the moment is finally almost here (I hope). And to give my daughter a sibling. 

Where would you live if you could move anywhere in the world?  I love my community but I would love love to live somewhere warm!! One of my sisters lives in Sydney Australia so that might be fun!!
  • @bpietronicco. I will be wishing and hoping and praying like crazy for you!  ❤❤❤  we will be u/s buddies on Tuesday, too.  I will just be 5+2 but still.  Fx for great scans all around!!!
  • Good luck @bpietronicco! We'll be thinking about you. Please update us!
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d