February 2018 Moms
Options

EDD Feb 4-10 35 weeks (week of 12/31)

1) 35 weeks!!  Almost there!
2) How are you feeling? 
3) Any appointments this week? 
4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
5) GTKY: What is left on your to do list?

Re: EDD Feb 4-10 35 weeks (week of 12/31)

• Options

This is crazy! Where has the time gone!

2) How are you feeling? 

Tired. Starting to feel a bit anxious about everything. 

None this week. Weekly appts start next week. Probably will have an ultrasound next week too as baby has been Breech so we need to confirm her position. 

Hubbys schedule has him out of town for most of the first half of the month so he can be off the last half in prep for baby. It makes the most sense but I’m already having a hard time looking at his schedule and realizing he is only going to be in town 5 days in the next 19 days. 

5) GTKY: What is left on your to do list? Stocking the freezer is the biggest one for me. And just some general cleaning. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Is it weird that I'm anxious for this time to go faster? I'm ready to meet my LO!

2) How are you feeling? 
    Tired, sore, and heavy. I think I caught another cold too.

Yes, chiropractor tomorrow and midwife on Wednesday.

I am happy the holidays are over. I loved seeing my family, but I'm ready to get back into routine and finish prepping for the arrival of my LO. 

Same as @pandappanderson with stocking the freezer. My ILs sent us assorted meats through Omaha Steaks, which I'm super excited about, but we also want to prep several freezer meals so we don't have to worry or think. Otherwise, I feel like we're pretty ready!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

2) How are you feeling?  Like I am carrying 50 pounds in my belly.  So uncomfortable.

3) Any appointments this week?  Just 2 biophysical profiles.

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  When am I supposed to go buy the good supportive nursing bras?  I have the cheap ones that I've been wearing and they are good for now.  Should I go get a bigger size??

Packing hospital bags today and finishing up projects at work.
  • Options
    @pandappanderson and @gingermama26 I stocked the freezer yesterday and it was exhausting.  Do it soon!!  I don't think I could have managed in another few weeks.
  • Options
    ) 35 weeks!!  Almost there!
    Let's just say this is causing me to be more nervous but it's probably due to my to do list and wanting to work as much as possible.
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I'm joining the tired/heavy club. Restless legs every night do not help.
    None for now but I do have one next week.
    Since finding out about baby needing a NICU stay I've been trying to figure out 1) how long I'll stay in the hospital and 2) how I am going to split my time between the hospital which is 30 mins away on a good day and DD. She's 16mo and still nurses for naps and bedtime. I'm sure I'll figure it out when the time comes but I'd really like to have somewhat of an idea.
    Everything!! I still need to wash the clothes, set up the crib, finish stocking the freezer, finish getting sheets/towels/blankets/etc.
  • Options
    @chucksmom15 if you feel you need new ones now I would get one or two. It's better to wait until after your milk comes in though because you never know how much your boob's will change with that. It usually happens within the first week or so. During my last pregnancy only my band changed until I started then everything changed but I didn't realize it at first because the nursing bras were so stretchy and completely different compared to what I was used to. This one I've already changed a cup and band size but I'm thinking it's because I'm still nursing DD. Sorry for the novel and I hope this helps!
  • Options
    2) like I’m done. 

3) Tuesday and Friday NSTs

4) meh. I don’t want to go back to work tomorrow. 

5) install car seat, pack bag, clean, build shoe rack, I’m sure there’s more.....
  • Options

2) How are you feeling? 
    So far so good, just the hip pain at night, I guess because I am sleeping on my left side alot, but when I switch to the right side gets better.
    Yes tomorrow 
    Now that the holidays are over I hope to get my to do list done.
    Alot, fixing car seat, getting the hospital bag ready, washing the clothes and the list goes on and on.
  • Options
    woo!!! I’m so happy to say that baby could be here THIS MONTH.

2) How are you feeling? 
    heartburn. :/. Otherwise not terrible 

nope. Next week is the first every week appointment

him SO glad the holidays are over and I can focus on baby :) 

trying to get DH to take down the Christmas stuff. I just ordered the last of the things I want for the baby and nursing. I need to wash that stuff and pack my hospital bag. I also need to install the infant seat at some point 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can’t believe we’re almost there! Some days I feel like I’ve been pregnant for 1,000 months and other days I feel sad/guilty that we are running out of time as a family of 3. I’m worried how DS is going to deal with having a sibling but at the same time a little part of me knows it’s gonna be okay. 

2) How are you feeling? 
    I’m feeling MUCH better this week than last. I started taking Tums as necessary in addition to Zantac for the raging heartburn that’s been making me ill. Other than that, getting off the couch is a struggle and playing with DS on the floor is next to impossible. But otherwise, I’m hanging in there! 

Biophysical profile ultrasound and OB appt for Strep B culture on Thursday... weather pending. We are expecting a Nor’easter in New England and so far they’re saying Thursday afternoon into Friday so I’m hoping getting to and from a doctors appt an hour away at 10am will be a possibility. 

Rave: my sister’s 30th birthday party this past Saturday wasn’t as epic a disaster as I expected. I wasn't the only person who attended that wasn’t drinking so I had a few people I could chat with who weren’t stupid obnoxious. I also spent very little time with her moron of a boyfriend and her best friend and I are on the same page about the guy so it validated my feelings. I also got to eat Greek food which I was majorly craving. I am presently making Tzatziki cause the craving is still in full force :D  

Rant: While making Tzatziki, I grated my pinky finger in addition to the cucumber. OUCH. 

DH is still finishing up building the bed for DS room. I am getting nervous that he will have a lot of trouble transitioning from the toddler bed to a twin bed out of the nursery room. DS doesn’t handle change well. If he doesn’t acclimate to the new room in the next 4 weeks... at least the baby will be rooming in with us for a bit so I guess we have some time but the anxiety is definitely creeping in. All that I have left to do other than this is inventory the clothes from DS and wash the NB stuff then throw a few things in a hospital bag. I’m really banking on making it to RCS day or we might be in trouble 

• Options
    Oh @amb929 I forgot about the infamous party!!!!  Glad it wasn't too bad.
  • Options
    RCS on 1/31 so I’m loosing in a week and it’s making me nervous. 

2) How are you feeling?
    Not too bad. I get exhausted easily and have been having back spasms lately that are really bad but thankfully short lived. Sitting on a heating pad now. Otherwise it’s the usual heartburn, feeling heavy, etc. 

Tomorrow for the strep B then start weekly next week with biophysicals. 

We finally got DS2 room finished!  It was out storage room and when I found out I was pregnant you could barley open the door. Now it’s clean and totally useable. It’s undecorated but hell, one thing at a time, right?

Put the crib together, wash the clothes we’ve gotten so far, install the car seat and pray it fits with two boosters in the back seat, pack the hospital bag and the kids suitcases for grandma, get the pack n play and a changing station set up downstairs bc I can’t do stairs after my CS, freezer meals maybe?  I’m going to be busy for the next few weekends. 
  • Options
    amb929amb929 member
    edited January 2018
    @chucksmom15 it was far more mellow than I expected...given how high maintenance my sister is! She DID wear a fairly unflattering sparkly dress to the neighborhood tavern though...which was highly entertaining to both DH and I. We were in jeans, sweaters, snow boots etc...and here she comes in a sparkly dress and sparkly flats. She's lucky she didn't face-plant in the snow and ice. 

Highlight of the evening for me: My sister and her bf highjacked our dinner reservations cause he didn't make any plans for them to eat...which I was a little annoyed by...BUT her bf who apparently is starting to take social cues must have realized that this inconvenienced us and decided to pay the bill. We went to a Greek tapas place in Boston...so it was pricey which we knew. For four people to have dinner, and drinks..including my 'mocktails' the bill came to 175. He paid and then went to the bathroom. My sister slid the check across, looked and cringed then explained to me that he doesn't believe in tipping... he left the waitress 25 bucks on a 175 dollar check. DH and I are pretty generous tippers. He works in the restaurant industry and I waitressed through high school, college and grad school so he grabbed the bill, took 15 bucks out of his wallet and added it then gave it to the waitress before her bf came back. I think my sister was embarrassed but my husband took care of it super quickly and discreetly and I just sat there like SO thankful that this was the man I married. If nothing else, this weekend made me appreciate my husband even more. 
  • Options
    That is embarrassing @amb929!  Sometimes we have to do the same thing for my parents.  They don't always tip enough.
  • Options
    @amb929 that’s a great DH you have there! We were once out to eat with friends and when we left we heard the couple we ate with talking about how they didn’t tip bc “the waitress didn’t SMILE enough”.  We got everything we ordered in a timely manner and never needed anything. Really? Smiling?! We went back into the restaurant and gave her a bigger tip. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Had to go in for BP monitoring today and ended up in the hospital for a NST as babies heart rate was low. Now they’re talking about possible induction at 37/38 weeks due to the concern of a rising BP. Which is freaking me out because that’s like.... less than 2 weeks away. I’m hoping they will let me push it until at least 38 weeks....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandappanderson fingers crossed that everything goes okay and you can get to at least 38 weeks!
  • Options
    Oh no @pandappanderson!  Are you still at the hospital?  Hopefully LO will behave andstay in as long as possible. 
  • Options
    @chucksmom15

i was there for about 3 hours. Baby behaved beautifully the entire time of course. Nothing like pulling a stunt in the doctors office and getting mom sent to L&D and then behaving normally during monitoring! Haha. They are concerned about my BP though so I have to monitor it twice a day over the weekend and come back in on Tuesday to review and discuss options. My blood work and urine came back normal so that’s a good sign so they said that they may want to schedule an induction ‘before things escalate’ if it’s showing an upwards trend over the next week. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

hi everyone! I had a great little winter break but back to work has been tough. 35 weeks today. 

2) How are you feeling? 

Stressed w work and I feel like my body is holding me accountable to that. Nightmares, restless legs, tired, nauseous. They nausea is a new one!! Haven’t had that in a long time... 

Nope, next week. 

Im just totally freaked by the thought of going early. I’m due 2/8 and starting maternity leave 1/29 but have a totally nutso schedule leading up to that point. 

oh boy it seems like a lot. Someone else’s to do list on here looks like mine. Finish the nursery, pack hospital bags, buy last things off registry, do meal planning... I hope I don’t go early! 
  • Options
    @pandappanderson glad baby behaved and everything is okay. Fingers crossed that your bp stays at a decent rate and you don't have to be induced yet!
  • Options
    @pandappanderson sorry for you bp has to be closely monitored, praying for LO to stay in there at least up to the 38th.
  • Options
    1) I am so happy to be closing in on the due date, but also whoaa not ready yet!
    2) I feel okay- heavy and tired but hanging in there. 
    3) nope
    4)Starting to nail down details of maternity leave (I'm a dept of 1, so some items just have to wait, some will be handed off - and people need training - some are still up in the air). Im trying to stay organized about it but it's giving me a little anxiety and even guilt! I know once baby arrives I won't feel guilty for missing work- baby is more important. But for now I feel a little guilty and like I'm imposing on coworkers. Ugh.
    5) basically most things. Our house is under construction and the contractor says it will be done by February - but who knows. In the meantime I can't do much to prep the house for baby. His nursery is currently just a room jammed w storage items and crap. Can't clear it out until construction team leaves. The living room has a toilet (in a massive box), a bathroom vanity and some lumber sitting around. Basically 0% ready for a baby to be here and it's stressing me out but I'm trying very hard to not let it drive me nuts.