Star Wars names... — The Bump
Baby Names

Star Wars names...

So, I have a little one named Finn and we are expecting again and our top name for a girl has been Rose. I heard Finn was a new Star Wars character and didn't mind at all but now there is a character named Rose too! I've never seen these movies but don't want my sib set to scream star wars fan haha.  I also liked that Rose is uncommon but am afraid it'll become super popular now.  What do you guys think? What would you think about Finn and Rose siblings?

Re: Star Wars names...

• Finn and rose are fine. Both are used all over pop culture unlike say Leia, Rey,  Jyn, Kylo, Han, or Greedo.
    bbiutmcphcoastalmomma2
  • I had no idea that either of them were Star Wars characters. Rose is great!
  • Loading the player...
  • mb0112 said:
    I had no idea that either of them were Star Wars characters. Rose is great!
    Totally agree- plus they are both popular enough and have been around long enough that they don’t scream Star Wars to me
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  •  Great,  thank you all :smile:
  • I agree that you’re probably fine - I haven’t seen the movies, but it’s not like they aren’t normal names (like Leia and Hans)
  • For most people, they probably won't stand out as Star Wars names, and the same can probably be said for the distant future since they aren't very sci-fi.  But I would say that you should be prepared for comments, because I do think that some people will make the connection, especially now and in the coming months since the movie was just released this week. 

• I've seen some of the movies and that was not my first thought 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • I wouldn’t worry about it. Good names...
  • Just be ready for star wars jokes from people that are into it. My nephew is Luke and one day dh (who is super into Star Wars) made a star wars joke and my sister got super bent out of shape over it. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• A friend of mine is super into Star Wars, he named his little girl Reya  <3